MTL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Ya know, I really dislike "MTL Vapors" somehow being the property of "New to Vaping" anymore than "Advanced gear" somehow meaning "High Wattage".

Ah, PB and D. have done much for the community and still do. Pretty low key way to get his eliquid out and maybe be a good source for mtl's in the future perhaps.

I think that I did see a coupon for his site on the big G.

( ya cranky ol fart :) )

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Ah, PB and D. have done much for the community and still do. Pretty low key way to get his eliquid out and maybe be a good source for mtl's in the future perhaps.

I think that I did see a coupon for his site on the big G.

( ya cranky ol fart :) )

Been friends with PB & D for a long time.
    In fact I was one of the first with the "Pete" gag. (on VF) That thread was like 30 pages long in one night. What fun!!!!!!! :lol:

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    If you are looking at the Aspire line, I have the Triton mini, N Mini and the new Nautilus 2. The N2 has the smoothest air flow and beats the others hands down. Very tight draw if you want or you can open it up for a restricted DL sort of. The Triton mini can be Mtl it leans more toward the restricted DL side a little more. IMO. The new .7ohm Nautilus coil seems to work well in it opened up. (But then it's not really very Mtl) The T mini seams to be midway between MTL tank and a Sub-ohm tank.
    If you want to rebuild a Kayfun 5 with the reducer kit can give you a good MTL experience and has the ability to open it up without the reducers and get a lot of airflow...
    There should be a new Kayfun coming out soon. You might want to wait on the KF5 to see which one suites your style before dropping $120.
    The Triton Mini has a variable air flow control that when you crank it down it gives a very tight draw for MTL, as good as my Nautilus minis on second smallest air hole when i put a narrow bore drip tip on it similar to the nautilus mini, so not sure where you're coming from there. The KF 5 is definitely too airy for MTL without the inserts and even then not as tight as the Triton Mini with airflow adjusted properly and a narrow bore drip tip. KFL V5 with insert is an airy MTL imho, V3 is better and V2 is tight.

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Ya know, I really dislike "MTL Vapors" somehow being the property of "New to Vaping" anymore than "Advanced gear" somehow meaning "High Wattage".
    I'm with you on that! Someone wrote about "graduating" to subohm and I lit em up lol

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    I'm with you on that! Someone wrote about "graduating" to subohm and I lit em up lol
    Its just Silly as well as some Snobbery ,
    like thoese who want lists of so called high end vape gear,
    Meaning price ,
    Nothing to do with how well it actually vapes in most cases.
    Even though some is good
    Its mainly just Bragging rights, TBH.

A 600£ Dna mod vapes just as well as a 40£ Dna
    Regardless of what the Outer shell is made from.
    As well as some 20$ Clones are just as good as the 200$

TDP Regulations have just kicked in in UK and now theres talk of RDA,s being stopped from sales Retail .
    So see where this leads

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    A 600£ Dna mod vapes just as well as a 40£ Dna
    Regardless of what the Outer shell is made from.

Not technically true, while it is true price doesn't make the difference, if a mod have thin guage wiring and crappy 510 connector (hcigar, I'm looking at you), the pcb is going to struggle w/ that in TC esp @ higher wattage. It's true that sometimes the spendy ones are built just as poorly though... but for about 100 bucks you can build or buy one that works well enough.

Best is to build one yourself out of Evolv parts bc nothing else comes close (Evolv 510 connector, Evolv enclosure and thick guage wiring) bc they designed that stuff specifically to be the best, & for accuracy in TC, especially at high wattages.

Last edited:

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    Not technically true, while it is true price doesn't make the difference, if a mod have thin guage wiring and crappy 510 connector (hcigar, I'm looking at you), the pcb is going to struggle w/ that in TC esp @ higher wattage. It's true that sometimes the spendy ones are built just as poorly though... but for about 100 bucks you can build or buy one that works well enough.

Best is to build one yourself out of Evolv parts bc nothing else comes close (Evolv 510 connector, Evolv enclosure and thick guage wiring) bc they designed that stuff specifically to be the best, & for accuracy in TC, especially at high wattages.
    I get the Thicker gauge wires 510 and such , be building one soon enough,
    Keep looking at stab wood blanks , but guess they be kind of hard to manipulate with just usual power tools not impossible but ,
    Really could do with being milled out ,
    But in the 40 -60p difference how would you Save just disassemblling an swapping wires over , Im going to do just this and respray my triade whilst im awaiting RMA on Board since its opened up already ,

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    I get the Thicker gauge wires 510 and such , be building one soon enough,
    Keep looking at stab wood blanks , but guess they be kind of hard to manipulate with just usual power tools not impossible but ,
    Really could do with being milled out ,
    But in the 40 -60p difference how would you Save just disassemblling an swapping wires over , Im going to do just this and respray my triade whilst im awaiting RMA on Board since its opened up already ,

So you already have the board, but want to put it in a different enclosure etc? or are you trying to fix the triade? Lost vape is one of the ones that actually do ok, their wiring could do with being a bit thicker but their 510's are good & you won't find better at that price.

If you're swapping it I'd go with the Evolv enclosure with Evolv 510, it has threading that allows the 510 to be threaded right into the enclosure and a really strong circlip on the bottom. It's the best money can buy.

When the dna75 came out I tried doing a couple of mods in stab wood, it ain't easy and it's really fragile, after trying to work with it I'm not sure I'd want a mod made of it... Anyway I had a buddy machine me 4 custom c-frames that allowed me to use the buttons & sleeves I had from my old DNA 40 CC zero's, then I cut wood blocks as the body. I did two like that and they turned out well. A buddy of mine loved it so much he kept bugging me about it so I eventually sold them to him... The other two I tried to do in stab wood. Didn't work out so well lol, still have the other 2 c-frames.

Reactions: Eskie

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    No I think you misunderstood , Im saying.
    Ive got a triade opened up due to failure on board had to take it out send board Rma to evolve in USA from UK 6mth s old Triade
    Lost vapes wanted 60£ plus shipping to even look at it , ,

So while its out and stripped down im going to repaint the enclosure like i said its original paint bubbled and peeled
    so then i just await repair from Evolve and put board back in ,

I do already have
    2,x 250 DNA boards , that i bought for making my own mod gotta learn since regs kicked in . Thinking of the Yihi SX 475 chip i think new 75w with joy stick , for a small mod DIY ,
    But see how i do before buying more stuff ,

thinking of buying a 75C too ,

Originally bought the Dna boards for ,
    wanting to see if one 250 DNA board would fit into the Hotcig R150 mod , buttons screen alignment is fine from orignal holes ,
    Enclosure since good compact size,
    That crapped out ,
    and make it a 167w with removable panels , with one board , even thought easy was was to get stab wood an make panels for R150 its just get them machine shop sliced thin polish and stick to alliminium install magnet and use for hotcig R150 mod.

Other board was thinking of making bare bones mod from scratch, possibly a lipo 1800 since i have one sat there ,
    Ive got a few Dna box mods that i bought but still would like to make my own .

But stopped buying everything since my misses was diagnosed with a serious illness , put everything on hold now Concentrate on her and treatment ,

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    The Triton Mini has a variable air flow control that when you crank it down it gives a very tight draw for MTL, as good as my Nautilus minis on second smallest air hole when i put a narrow bore drip tip on it similar to the nautilus mini, so not sure where you're coming from there. The KF 5 is definitely too airy for MTL without the inserts and even then not as tight as the Triton Mini with airflow adjusted properly and a narrow bore drip tip. KFL V5 with insert is an airy MTL imho, V3 is better and V2 is tight.

Yes...you can get a tight draw from the Triton mini but, to me it seams like there is a lot of room inside the base where the draw is not as streamlined and smooth like the Nautilus 2. (Or even the mini) They are just completely different in that way. The Nautilus 2 is definitely quieter as well.. it's the single airflow channel that does it, while the Triton has two.
    Not knocking the Triton mini, but the N2 lets you dial in your airflow with more accuracy and has more when range within a tight draw. When using the Triton you can get a tight draw by almost closing almost all the way, but to me it seems more of an all or nothing tight draw that can not be fine tuned as well as the N2.

I have the Nautilus mini, the Triton mini and the Nautilus 2.
    In my opinion....The N2 is the best vape of them hands down. Followed by the N mini.

I do have the KF5 with the reducer kit and it is comparable to the N mini using the 3rd largest airflow (1.4mm) With out the kit, yes..the airflow is very loose.. but I always use the SM kit with the smallest setting of 1.2 mm airflow.

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    I'm not really a full time mtl guy, I like both mtl and dtl, but I do prefer mtl for my day to day setup... my two favorite mtl tanks are the hussar and ubertoot.

The ubertoot, Idk I guess it might be a bit looser than someof the really picky mtl'ers would like but I have not found a tank that works better in TC or gives me a denser vape, throat hit, etc.
    9e627b2720f707892fa3fcee3b50d042.jpg

The hussar is the first time I've found a tank that I liked as much or maybe more than the uta. It's got several different reducers, I use the middle sized one.
    0257f7ebb03994e39c37d78a2d4822f2.jpg

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Yes...you can get a tight draw from the Triton mini but, to me it seams like there is a lot of room inside the base where the draw is not as streamlined and smooth like the Nautilus 2. (Or even the mini) They are just completely different in that way. The Nautilus 2 is definitely quieter as well.. it's the single airflow channel that does it, while the Triton has two.
    Not knocking the Triton mini, but the N2 lets you dial in your airflow with more accuracy and has more when range within a tight draw. When using the Triton you can get a tight draw by almost closing almost all the way, but to me it seems more of an all or nothing tight draw that can not be fine tuned as well as the N2.

I have the Nautilus mini, the Triton mini and the Nautilus 2.
    In my opinion....The N2 is the best vape of them hands down. Followed by the N mini.

I do have the KF5 with the reducer kit and it is comparable to the N mini using the 3rd largest airflow (1.4mm) With out the kit, yes..the airflow is very loose.. but I always use the SM kit with the smallest setting of 1.2 mm airflow.
    That's a good rundown on the various tanks and your observations about air flow makes sense. I don't have the Nautilus 2 but from your comparisons it sounds good. If I hadn't already moved to Ego One V2 and Amor CL tanks using CLR coils I would try it myself :)

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2016
    Lincolnshire, UK
    I've had tha Nautilus 2 a couple of days now and it's perfect for stealth vaping. It's very quiet on the smallest air flow hole and seems to produce just about enough vapor to satisfy my nicotine needs.

Now that I've resolved the teething problems with it (all my fault) it will be my work and public vaping tank i reckon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    Anyone see that P.Busardo and his Greek friend Dmitri started a MTL store?

NEW TO VAPING ? - MTL Vapors
    I looked at the site. It's for beginners, not experienced MTL vapers. For my first 4 months I was a DL vaper then realized I prefered MTL and switched to that and stayed with it. It would be nice to see a large selection of rda's optimized for MTL.

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    I looked at the site. It's for beginners, not experienced MTL vapers. For my first 4 months I was a DL vaper then realized I prefered MTL and switched to that and stayed with it. It would be nice to see a large selection of rda's optimized for MTL.
    There is its finding the right ones to look for , Narda ,Atty o ,are reduced airflow rda,s big on Flavours ,

Reactions: petrotech

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    There is its finding the right ones to look for , Narda ,Atty o ,are reduced airflow rda,s big on Flavours ,

The rda I'm going to carry every day all day has to not leak in my pocket. To fix that problem I need the air supply on only one side and not from the bottom. My tall slip ring is effective with one air supply, not so much when there are 2 on opposite sides. So far the SV is the only rda I've found that is small, is good at flaor and doesn't leak.

Reactions: petrotech

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    The rda I'm going to carry every day all day has to not leak in my pocket. To fix that problem I need the air supply on only one side and not from the bottom. My tall slip ring is effective with one air supply, not so much when there are 2 on opposite sides. So far the SV is the only rda I've found that is small, is good at flaor and doesn't leak.
    Sounds like a pita, just use a squonker. I use the narda or hadaly on my squonk setup and they both drain pretty much completely back into the bottle after I squonk, just enough to wet the wick. I set it below 420F and that way I can also vape it pretty much dry without burning the wick if I forget to squonk. I have it in its side in my pocket all the time and it's never leaked.

Either that or use an rta.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread