Music poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
If you ever go to a Queensryche concert you can buy the meet and greet passes for $35 to meet the band and take pictures and autographs. I paid $750 to meet Def Leppard and refused to let Vivian Campbell sign my Hysteria record because he didn't play on it lol He gave me a stank eye lol.

As far as Dave or Sammy that is tough for me. Most of the Van Halen hits came with Dave. I liked Daves enthusiastic vocals even though sometimes it is a bit of a annoyance. He is more of a showman and has better stage presence then Hagar. I like Sammy though too. He brought some edginess to the band but I think Eddie was past his prime at that point as well. I think Sammy is a better song writer and can actually play a instrument and has had a better solo career and was great with Montrose and Chickenfoot as well. Besides, Hagar had his own Tequila lol. I like both really they each brought something different to the band. Dave with VH sold more records then Sammy with VH. Now that a Van Halen reunion with David Lee Roth has taken place, I think it’s also time for a Hagar Era reunion. There would be a huge demand to hear Hagar sing those songs again. For me, the Roth reunion was lacking because I missed the Hagar Era songs and also because of the exclusion of Michael Anthony on bass since Anthony has an allegiance to Sammy. I guess if I have to chose it would be Sammy. I just think he is a better singer. I have heard Sammy sing Hot For Teacher but do you think Dave could sing Right Now?
Dave back in the day, but like you said Sammy is a better all-around vocalist (especially now). I did see Queensryche in '95/'96 at the Amphitheatre in Toronto. I had to deal with Weezer and No Doubt first, but it was well worth it. I used to jam to Def Leppard too. That's pretty cool that you denied Vivian! Give credit where credits due:)

Last edited:

mojofilter

Mar 10, 2015
Florida, USA
I'm sorry, I couldn't possibly pick. I am sitting in a room with full-to-capacity floor-to-ceiling CD shelves on three walls, and records on the fourth, with my computer desk in the middle. I don't have an iPod, I have nearly eight terabytes of music files on hard drives. Everything on them that is catalogued in my database is linked to, so I can play any of over 110,000 tracks at will, or at random, with one click. There are still many listings and links to create. My tastes run from the first flat records in the first decade of the 1900s through the late 1980s. I don't know any music from beyond then - I lost interest.

I like Robert Johnson and King Crimson and The Partridge Family and Frank Zappa and Glenn Miller and Led Zeppelin and Sly & The Family Stone and Carole King and Tom Petty and Deep Purple and The Beatles and Al Green and Steely Dan and Rush and George Gershwin and The Beach Boys and Kraftwerk and Dionne Warwick and Jimi Hendrix and... thousands of people. I have no idea how to break down what I like into categories or assign star ratings to songs, or pick between artists in genres or decide who I like better than whom. Happily, I am in a position to listen to whatever I feel like hearing, anytime. That's what you get for collecting records for over 50 years!

P.S.: I choose Dave over Sammy.

Reactions: Mowgli

Dirty_Ralph

Jun 12, 2015
New York
Having been a punk/NY hardcore kid of the 80s early 90's growing up in NY:headbang:, I'm sure 99% here wouldn't know or care to listen to anything I could name but the one poster above that liked Type O which is on the tip of my musical iceberg. Besides that I can really only say if its currently popular ,on t.v. or at the dinner table its not for me. I'm not nor have I ever been a follower of popular tastes in the time of said being popular.... I am average guy, infantry veteran in my mid 40's, ride a Harley. At 1st sight most soccer moms grab their kids hand when walking by me but merely from the lack of knowing me personally. I am ridiculed relentlessly by my wife on my preset stations on XM. Give me some James Brown on the soul station, Biggie Smalls, The 50's-60's era country only. no new country YIIIIICK with old school Dave Dudley singing about driving truck, taking little white pills and gunna make it home tonight, Hank #1 or some deliverance background bluegrass banjo pickin' and I'm a happy boy. It all depends on how far back into my youth I care to visit and were in the world I was & with whom.:toast:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
This week I shared some Screaming Cheetah Wheelies, Tragically Hip, Green Jelly, Ugly Kid Joe, Jackyl, The Four Horsemen, The Godfathers, Jim Carrol, The Nails, King Missile, Joe Walsh, Nilsson & Ringo Starr on FB.

The past few days I played on LP:
Black Sabbath
The Who
Rolling Stones
Black Label Society
Pantera

I have a bunch of Hank Jr. Funkadelic, Ohio Players & Iron Maiden in my collection (LP & CD)
Ten Years After, Johnny Winter, Howlin Wolf, Canned Heat, CCR, Hendrix
I have more Benny Goodman Than Miles Davis but it's a ton of Miles
Zappa Zappa, more Zappa & about 300 Beethoven & Haydn LPs

I have a restored 1912 Victrola that I play Jascha Heifetz & Fritz Kreisler on but I love this:

10432466_1582493978648093_8172427577154774228_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ms_jujubee

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I use to literally have thousands of audio and bootleg video of live shows and traded online on a site with friends around the globe but somewhere along the line it turned into digital and just got out of it. I did get some sweet rare things along the way. Your a music trader I take it?

That reminds me...
~1350 Live Dead CDRs from 1966-Feb. 1979 (mostly Charlie Miller mastered or Hunter's Trix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread