Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
Thanks for sharing doc. Great message and I want to love the video, but I don't.

I'm not a judgmental person but many in the target audience are and equate elaborate neck tattoos with poor decisions. I know it's only two out of about a dozen shots but it's two too many for the general populace that have no idea who any of these people are or how they've positioned themselves within the vaping community.

Unless this is specifically meant to engage and inform vapors, the producers should have put a little more thought into the presentation and public perception.

:2c:

I agree also, I can relate to them, I have a few tattoos but still think you need some well dressed average joes and all ages to engage the public and give it more seriousness

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Look at my avatar here. I'M A VAPER!! No ink (personal choice), and I absolutely try to keep any sort of piercing to a minimum if I can avoid it. Nothing personal, but after a lifetime of working with power tools I just try to avoid contact.

The Ocelot had a blog about putting together images of 'average' vapers not too long ago because she was finding web images that weren't consistent with a large part of the overall demographic. Maybe Andria could put a photo page on her website for us neogeezers?

I don't mean to offend anyone, but a quick google search of vaping images, or vaper images doesn't show much in the way of us 'older' folks.

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Look at my avatar here. I'M A VAPER!! No ink (personal choice), and I absolutely try to keep any sort of piercing to a minimum if I can avoid it. Nothing personal, but after a lifetime of working with power tools I just try to avoid contact.

The Ocelot had a blog about putting together images of 'average' vapers not too long ago because she was finding web images that weren't consistent with a large part of the overall demographic. Maybe Andria could put a photo page on her website for us neogeezers?

I don't mean to offend anyone, but a quick google search of vaping images, or vaper images doesn't show much in the way of us 'older' folks.

Many vapers published images like the one below to coincide with the dishonest CDC Tips campaign. Here's mine

CBufxalUgAEoe5b.png:large

Tache

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
BC Canada
Many vapers published images like the one below to coincide with the dishonest CDC Tips campaign. Here's mine

CBufxalUgAEoe5b.png:large

That is a great response - we need more like it! I will share a little "pneumonic" with you though, "There is only one "s" in desert because the climate is so harsh you only get one chance, but dessert has two "s's" because you can always have a second helping".

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
That is a great response - we need more like it! I will share a little "pneumonic" with you though, "There is only one "s" in desert because the climate is so harsh you only get one chance, but dessert has two "s's" because you can always have a second helping".

the typo makes it so much more authentic though :p. It gives it that amateurish look necessary to dispel the appearance of a coordinated "Big Vapor" campaign.

Tache

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
BC Canada
the typo makes it so much more authentic though :p. It gives it that amateurish look necessary to dispel the appearance of a coordinated "Big Vapor" campaign.

Absolutely - I'm all for authenticity! My "left brain" accountant side just compels me to notice these things - but be assured, it was my caring side that offered the "tip" with the best of intentions. Anyway, I hope you took it that way.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

We're sooo screwed.

As I see it, my state has two options: bring back cigarette vending machines and allow smoking everywhere (no pun intended ;)) or tax the daylights out of anything and everything even remotely tobacco/nicotine-related. :lol:

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
We're sooo screwed.

As I see it, my state has two options: bring back cigarette vending machines and allow smoking everywhere (no pun intended ;)) or tax the daylights out of anything and everything even remotely tobacco/nicotine-related. :lol:

I hate to even bring it up, but this is almost certainly the next big step in the argument against e-cigs.

That: they're bad for the economy (aka the health and welfare of the government), and that your personal taxes will have to increase (to make up for government short-sightedness and fiscal irresponsibility). Lots of voters are, sadly, apt to buy into that kind of argument.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
if you think of it objectively their best bet would be for the governments to be able to tax the same as cigarettes and get the added benefit of not needing to use a bit of that money for health care...
so I don't think they want to ban it, they just want to hold the explosion until they get their hands in there and secure their money.

think about it what would you prefer?
getting from big tobacco $206 billions (link) and spending $30billion of health related issues with tobacco

or...
getting from vaping companies $206 billions and don't have to pay health related issues

Reactions: DrMA

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Highly suggest to admins to take the two 'Truth About Vaping videos - put it in a sticky in General. Maybe this one too.... older but the information still holds up. But at least the two in this thread. Close the thread until another comes out :- )

I haven't checked General - maybe it's already there. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread