RDA Mutation X V5 - Maybe it's not for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
I have many RDAs that are very satisfying. I cannot seem to get a build in the MXV5 that I like. Can't put my finger on it. I keep the airflow almost totally closed and it still feels wide open. I don't mind a lot of airflow. I use 2 open on the Pharaoh. Flavor cap on the Recoil, 2 open on the troll, etc... I'm looking for DTL so I don't think airflow is the problem. It's just not doing it for me. I want to like it, but it just keeps getting put in the pile. Currently it has a .35 roundwire Kanthal build. I've tried Claptons, Nickel, 2mm, 3mm, etc. I tried it with the postless deck and with the velocity deck.

Anybody else struggling with this one?

Thanks

Nick

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    I have many RDAs that are very satisfying. I cannot seem to get a build in the MXV5 that I like. Can't put my finger on it. I keep the airflow almost totally closed and it still feels wide open. I don't mind a lot of airflow. I use 2 open on the Pharaoh. Flavor cap on the Recoil, 2 open on the troll, etc... I'm looking for DTL so I don't think airflow is the problem. It's just not doing it for me. I want to like it, but it just keeps getting put in the pile. Currently it has a .35 roundwire Kanthal build. I've tried Claptons, Nickel, 2mm, 3mm, etc. I tried it with the postless deck and with the velocity deck.

Anybody else struggling with this one?

Thanks

Nick
    Have you tried a quad-coil build? I have 4 standard 24 gauge coils in it and it hits pretty good as far as I am concerned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread