mute taste aromamizer supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

81ish

Jan 25, 2017
Hi guys.

im new here. so bare with me.
i get a mute taste on my aromamizer supreme. i have been vaping in about 3 years and mixed my own flavors in about 1 yeah. i have always used twisted 316L 26/32ga ss and i loved the flavoring on that type of coil. but i wanted to try new coils and ended up with 24ga 316L ss.

with this 24ga coils i always get mute flavoring. i have tryed 2.5, 3 and 4 mm diameter. with 6, 7,8,9 raps. i have tryed alot of cotton and less cotton. no matter what i did, i always got mute flavor. i vape on tc at 518F or 270C with 60w. the juice im using is max vg. with 3mg of nicotin.

this is a 4mm with 9 raps:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

what im a doin wrong?

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi guys.

im new here. so bare with me.
i get a mute taste on my aromamizer supreme. i have been vaping in about 3 years and mixed my own flavors in about 1 yeah. i have always used twisted 316L 26/32ga ss and i loved the flavoring on that type of coil. but i wanted to try new coils and ended up with 24ga 316L ss.

with this 24ga coils i always get mute flavoring. i have tryed 2.5, 3 and 4 mm diameter. with 6, 7,8,9 raps. i have tryed alot of cotton and less cotton. no matter what i did, i always got mute flavor. i vape on tc at 518F or 270C with 60w. the juice im using is max vg. with 3mg of nicotin.

this is a 4mm with 9 raps:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

what im a doin wrong?
Love the supreme. here is my review on it with building/wicking tutorial (forgive the camera angles it was one of my first vids. I've gotten much better as of late LMAO)

Outside of that what RTA did you come from? remember this has a big chamber with a lot of air so you need to build big to get good flavor. and it needs to ramp up and produce a lot of vapor. it's really best suited as a high wattage tank. 80+ watts IMO

What device are you using for temp control? it could be the TC kicking in too soon or being off giving a muted flavor. have you tried it in watt mode?

Also max VG won't wick as fast for tanks. it's more of a dripper juice. 70/30 or 80/20 is best for sub ohm tanks. also PG carries flavor better so by defualt max VG will have less taste then a juice with more PG in it. Max VG juice is best suited for RDAs and clouds then it is for RTAs and flavor.

81ish

Jan 25, 2017
i used vapegeek griffen 25. have heard alot about aromamizer supreme on reviews and my friend had it before me. i was sold when i tryed his tank.

im using rx200s as my go to tank. and also have g priv from smok.

i havnt had any isues with max vg on the twisted SS before ive tried this 24ga. but my flavor is pg based and are mixed with 100vg. i mixing in a 50ml bottle.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
i used vapegeek griffen 25. have heard alot about aromamizer supreme on reviews and my friend had it before me. i was sold when i tryed his tank.

im using rx200s as my go to tank. and also have g priv from smok.

i havnt had any isues with max vg on the twisted SS before ive tried this 24ga. but my flavor is pg based and are mixed with 100vg. i mixing in a 50ml bottle.
Gotcha
The griffin 25 plus is another great RTA but a little less air then the aromamizer supreme so it can work better with a smaller build.
So depends on your flavor % if you do about 15% which is where i usually am give or take then your 85/15 which should still work fine and give good flavor. Only tips i can think of is build bigger and more wattage lol maybe just do watt mode. temp mode on the RX is kinda iffy. IIRC if you run SS wire at 00110 instead of 00092 it works much better. thats probably why you have it turned up so high. most people use TC around 400f-480f but i never expect these devices to be exact.

81ish

Jan 25, 2017
Love the supreme. here is my review on it with building/wicking tutorial (forgive the camera angles it was one of my first vids. I've gotten much better as of late LMAO)

Outside of that what RTA did you come from? remember this has a big chamber with a lot of air so you need to build big to get good flavor. and it needs to ramp up and produce a lot of vapor. it's really best suited as a high wattage tank. 80+ watts IMO

What device are you using for temp control? it could be the TC kicking in too soon or being off giving a muted flavor. have you tried it in watt mode?

Also max VG won't wick as fast for tanks. it's more of a dripper juice. 70/30 or 80/20 is best for sub ohm tanks. also PG carries flavor better so by defualt max VG will have less taste then a juice with more PG in it. Max VG juice is best suited for RDAs and clouds then it is for RTAs and flavor.

i come from griffin 25 RTA. my friend has the supreme and i loved the vaper production and the tast.

im using a wismec rx200s and also have a g prive from smok. but use mostly my rx200s (my go to mod)
only odd thing i have noticed was that when i take a vape, and letting go the fire button, i can hear it still heats up after ½ to 1 sec. more. not a quick respons.
i never had any issues with max VG when i used twisted ss. i mix with pg base flavor and max vg on a 50ml bottle. the nicotine base are also max pg.

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
i come from griffin 25 RTA. my friend has the supreme and i loved the vaper production and the tast.

im using a wismec rx200s and also have a g prive from smok. but use mostly my rx200s (my go to mod)
only odd thing i have noticed was that when i take a vape, and letting go the fire button, i can hear it still heats up after ½ to 1 sec. more. not a quick respons.
i never had any issues with max VG when i used twisted ss. i mix with pg base flavor and max vg on a 50ml bottle. the nicotine base are also max pg.
Gotcha
The griffin 25 plus is another great RTA but a little less air then the aromamizer supreme so it can work better with a smaller build.
So depends on your flavor % if you do about 15% which is where i usually am give or take then your 85/15 which should still work fine and give good flavor. Only tips i can think of is build bigger and more wattage lol maybe just do watt mode. temp mode on the RX is kinda iffy. IIRC if you run SS wire at 00110 instead of 00092 it works much better. thats probably why you have it turned up so high. most people use TC around 400f-480f but i never expect these devices to be exact.

81ish

Jan 25, 2017
Gotcha

i do 15% flavor on a 50ml bottle rest is vg. the flavor smell is still strong.
im latest build r 4mm with 9 raps. the flavor still mute. :/ (u can se my build on the imgur link in first thread)

i guess im still green on vaping what do u mean by IRRC at 00110 instead of 00092?

i do btw exacly like the video with the cotton.

im sry with my bad english grammer. im from denmark. so i hope u still understand my piont. :)

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
i do 15% flavor on a 50ml bottle rest is vg. the flavor smell is still strong.
im latest build r 4mm with 9 raps. the flavor still mute. :/ (u can se my build on the imgur link in first thread)

i guess im still green on vaping what do u mean by IRRC at 00110 instead of 00092?

i do btw exacly like the video with the cotton.

im sry with my bad english grammer. im from denmark. so i hope u still understand my piont. :)
lol no problem i understand you perfectly fine :)

the link from imgur says removed, anyway you can post up a pic again? could be helpful for me.

in TCR settings you can adjust the TCR which is what the mod uses to calculate the temp. the rx doesn't work correctly in temp mod which is why you have to vape at such a high temp. 400-480f is the normal range people use.

have you tried wattage mode and see how it vapes? I'm thinking your TC is cutting off vapor production personally, or for a simpler version turn the temp higher?

81ish

Jan 25, 2017
lol no problem i understand you perfectly fine :)

the link from imgur says removed, anyway you can post up a pic again? could be helpful for me.

in TCR settings you can adjust the TCR which is what the mod uses to calculate the temp. the rx doesn't work correctly in temp mod which is why you have to vape at such a high temp. 400-480f is the normal range people use.

have you tried wattage mode and see how it vapes? I'm thinking your TC is cutting off vapor production personally, or for a simpler version turn the temp higher?

I have tried wattage mode, cfm mode. Even had tryed low wattage just to see what's it does. Low as 20 watts and slowly turn wattage up.

Let me put a new picture. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Hope this helps I can't upload it as a file because it's to big.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I have tried wattage mode, cfm mode. Even had tryed low wattage just to see what's it does. Low as 20 watts and slowly turn wattage up.

Let me put a new picture. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Hope this helps I can't upload it as a file because it's to big.
How high in watts did u go. The build looks fine to me. Would be interesting to see it in action though if possible.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

81ish

Jan 25, 2017
How high in watts did u go. The build looks fine to me. Would be interesting to see it in action though if possible.

I get burn and dry hits above 67w. In wattage mode. Under that it has mute tast and average vape not that much as I used to.
With the twisted ss before, I could go up to 150w with no burn or dry hits. It got warm but not hot.

Sry I don't know how to film the vape.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I get burn and dry hits above 67w. In wattage mode. Under that it has mute tast and average vape not that much as I used to.
With the twisted ss before, I could go up to 150w with no burn or dry hits. It got warm but not hot.

Sry I don't know how to film the vape.
Sounds like u have hot spots. Are u sure you worked them all out?

81ish

Jan 25, 2017
Sounds like u have hot spots. Are u sure you worked them all out?

I have triple and quadruple checked for hotspots you can't imagine how much cotton I have wasted on fiddling with this weird issue. :/

My knowledge in getting the coils done right are from YouTube like rip trippers, mike vapes, and one funny guy from australia. Can't remember the name.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I have triple and quadruple checked for hotspots you can't imagine how much cotton I have wasted on fiddling with this weird issue. :/
I'm really shocked lol. Dumb question as well but your sure the JFC is open right? And the resistance isn't jumping? I'm wondering if it might be a mod issue with the tank

81ish

Jan 25, 2017
I'm really shocked lol. Dumb question as well but your sure the JFC is open right? And the resistance isn't jumping? I'm wondering if it might be a mod issue with the tank

Yeah the JFC are wide open. Funny you asked about the resistance haven't though of it that much but my mod rx200s r beginning to lower the ohm resistance drops from for excample 22ohm to 19ohm but does it like 2 out of 5 times

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah the JFC are wide open. Funny you asked about the resistance haven't though of it that much but my mod rx200s r beginning to lower the ohm resistance drops from for excample 22ohm to 19ohm but does it like 2 out of 5 times
U have another mod to try it on by chance? Those are known for their 510 pin issues

81ish

Jan 25, 2017
U have another mod to try it on by chance? Those are known for their 510 pin issues

Yes I do. Gonna try it on my g priv. One other thing. after I take the old Cotten out and dry fire the coils then the ends of the coil gets red not from the middle and out. And fix
it again so it heats up from middle and out. But it still comes back when I change the cotton again. It's that the cause of my problem maybe?

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Yes I do. Gonna try it on my g priv. One other thing. after I take the old Cotten out and dry fire the coils then the ends of the coil gets red not from the middle and out. And fix
it again so it heats up from middle and out. But it still comes back when I change the cotton again. It's that the cause of my problem maybe?
could be. you could be over stuffing it causing it to move or your screws holding the lead could be coming loose.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
It's kinda weird that the tast is the same on all my rta's my avocado 24 and my Mage. It's the same build but different brands.
maybe the supreme has a longer 510 pin? longer 510 pins don't play nice with the RX in general. which could be throwing off the resistance reading and causing the mod to fire harder then it should

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread