Muted flavor on a Nautilus Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daoshen

Nov 18, 2015
After doing research and going over a fair number of reviews when looking into getting my first tank there were a lot of positive things said about the flavor/vapor production of the nautilus. I'm satisfied with the vapor for the most part but after about a month and maybe half a dozen juices the flavor just doesn't seem to really be there. Gone through two bvc's now and can't say it's made much of a difference. I use a Tesla Spider vv and usually vape @ 3.7v(8.6w), am I just missing something or was there just more hype behind the flavor you can get from this tank than it deserved?

*just as a note I am very happy with the tank itself, just wish I could get some more flavor is all.

Reactions: David Wolf

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
If possible, try your Nautilus on a wattage-regulated mod. Start at the comparable voltage/wattage and incrementally bump up the wattage and see if you get the flavor back. I've done this with my ET-S clearomizers on my TC60 with good results. My Alpha Vapes The Dude juice doesn't perform the same between VV and VW when driven at the same voltage: 4.2v on the VV doesn't compare to the flavor and cloud I get at 11W/4.16v on the TC60.

Daoshen

Nov 18, 2015
Went with Doug's suggestion and finally picked up a regulated mod over black Friday. Seems to depend on the juice, but so far it likes to be somewhere between 7.5w-10w. Some flavors are still not quite there compared to my other tank, which probably just means I need to dial them in, but being able to finely tune the wattage compared to the spinners has been a huge difference.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
After doing research and going over a fair number of reviews when looking into getting my first tank there were a lot of positive things said about the flavor/vapor production of the nautilus. I'm satisfied with the vapor for the most part but after about a month and maybe half a dozen juices the flavor just doesn't seem to really be there. Gone through two bvc's now and can't say it's made much of a difference. I use a Tesla Spider vv and usually vape @ 3.7v(8.6w), am I just missing something or was there just more hype behind the flavor you can get from this tank than it deserved?

*just as a note I am very happy with the tank itself, just wish I could get some more flavor is all.
Slightly muted is probably a good assessment of nautilus mini compared to say a kayfun. I use my three mainly for unflavored and tobacco these days, I like them for ease of use and reliability. What tank are you comparing them to? I like the 1.6 or 1.8 ohm vertical coils.

Daoshen

Nov 18, 2015
Slightly muted is probably a good assessment of nautilus mini compared to say a kayfun. I use my three mainly for unflavored and tobacco these days, I like them for ease of use and reliability. What tank are you comparing them to? I like the 1.6 or 1.8 ohm vertical coils.

Only tank I have to compare it to is the Melo2 (.3 kanthal, haven't tried the nickel or titanium coils yet and don't have any plans to for awhile). At this point the Melo is my at home tank simply because of the larger volume, and the nautilus is my go to when out. Been using the 1.6 coils, only 1.8s I've used is what came with the tank.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Only tank I have to compare it to is the Melo2 (.3 kanthal, haven't tried the nickel or titanium coils yet and don't have any plans to for awhile). At this point the Melo is my at home tank simply because of the larger volume, and the nautilus is my go to when out. Been using the 1.6 coils, only 1.8s I've used is what came with the tank.
I prefer the 1.6 ohm coils myself. The Nauty mini is my goto everyday tank, keep three on istick30 and istick40w and charge every other day, low maintenance :) spare time I play around with the kayfun and a subtank mini RBA (I bought the v1s recently which work better with my thinner high pg juice).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread