Muted Flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishVaperKP

Oct 8, 2015
Ok. I have recently bought a istick 100W and also purcahsed the Sapor RDA.

I have made up the coils, wicked them up, juiced them and vaped it.

Now heres the question?!
I am using accies food of the gods ejuice. Using two 24g kanthal coils on 3mm screwdriver with 7 wraps comming in around .3ohms.

Im vaping at around 25-40W and the flavor just isnt there? Maybe ive done something wrong with the coils? Maybe im not vaping at the right wattage? Maybe im doing something complety wrong when im thinking im doing it right?

If anyone could shed a bit of light on this please it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
KP

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
With 24 gauge kanthal, you're really just beginning to warm up the coils at 25-40 watts. Generally speaking, if everything else is done correctly, try bumping the power up 2-5 watts at a time to see what happens. Keep your wick wet, and I am just guessing you'll probably be a lot happier at 55-75 watts (depending on air flow, I don't know anything about the Sapor.

Just as an example, at 25 watts, the heat flux value on those coils is actually LESS than the heat flux on an "old school" 2.5 ohm single coil at 7 watts (actually about half).

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Right... either turn up the power... or...

turn down the airflow.

Power and airflow are connected when it comes to flavor.

If you have more of one, you need more of the other to achieve the
desired intensity of flavor.

And vice versa... the less you have of one, the less you need of the other
to achieve the desired intensity of flavor.

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
After a year of mixing I still cant bring my flavors up front. They are always weak and at the back so I have no freaking idea whats the catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are really so many options available depending on what kind of flavor you're shooting for, and which ones you're trying to make "pop", it's hard to say. Just as a small example, all of the following can be used:

- Flavor percentage
- VG/PG ratio
- Sucralose
- Ethyl Maltol
- Triacetin
- Vanillin
- Menthol
- Acetyl Pyrazine
- Malic Acid
- Citric acid
- Steep time

All of these can do different things to the overall flavor of your e-liquid. Not to mention that some flavors can mute/overpower other flavors.

If you're following some of the tested recipes you find on line, you can always tweak them a little bit to see if you like the overall result. Sometimes a variation of just one or two percent can make a huge difference.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
There are really so many options available depending on what kind of flavor you're shooting for, and which ones you're trying to make "pop", it's hard to say. Just as a small example, all of the following can be used:

- Flavor percentage
- VG/PG ratio
- Sucralose
- Ethyl Maltol
- Triacetin
- Vanillin
- Menthol
- Acetyl Pyrazine
- Malic Acid
- Citric acid
- Steep time

All of these can do different things to the overall flavor of your e-liquid. Not to mention that some flavors can mute/overpower other flavors.

If you're following some of the tested recipes you find on line, you can always tweak them a little bit to see if you like the overall result. Sometimes a variation of just one or two percent can make a huge difference.

Out of hundred recipes I've tried the only one that has thickness is mothers milk clone. I think probably because of CAP vanilla custard v1. In every other recipe I barely feel the flavor. I dont use RDA tho I vape on kanger subtank mini and kayfun v5. I really enjoy mixing and I can do it all day long but just cant become good at it.

Reactions: K_Tech

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Out of hundred recipes I've tried the only one that has thickness is mothers milk clone. I think probably because of CAP vanilla custard v1. In every other recipe I barely feel the flavor. I dont use RDA tho I vape on kanger subtank mini and kayfun v5. I really enjoy mixing and I can do it all day long but just cant become good at it.
I'm nowhere near being a wizard at DIY, but, like my cooking, at least it tastes good. Great would be better, but good gets me through the day.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I just dont taste flavors. Mothers milk yes, tobaccos yes everything else barely.
I have found brand and percentage of flavor matter a lot.
For example tfa I can typically use less flavoring since it's usually a bit stronger. Also I have found it true if you use too much of a flavor it can mute or adversely effect the flavor.
Just throwing that in the mix

Reactions: MC Vape
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread