Muting strong flavors/juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
With an istick I dont think you need to know the amps you're drawing because you're dealing with the chip handling the load of an internal battery. The reason we figure out the Amp draw for regulated mods with replaceable batteries is to see if we are pushing them harder than their rating. If you really want to know the Amps you're pulling from the istick then assume its running a single cell(battery) and use the equation Wattage/cutoff voltage/efficiency.
Wattage = you said 7W
Cutoff voltage = lets assume 3.2 though I dont really know for sure what their chip is programmed to do
efficiency of the chip/mod = I always low ball it at 90% which gives plenty of safe room to work with

7/3.2/.9 = 2.43V

This means that at the lowest point before your mod will require a charge you will be drawing about 2.43V every time you push the button. This is the most Amps you will draw from your cell at that given wattage if everything is working as it should.

When wattage is set by the user then figuring out voltage and current is a bit different than if you want to figure out the wattage for say a mechanical mod where the current drawn is based on the available voltage(goes down steadily as you use the battery) and the resistance of the coil(constant)

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I want to know amps so I can figure out what is safe wattage to vape at. So you equation doesn't help me. All I can plug into ohms law is ohms which is 2.5. With the istick or my tesla I know neither the voltage or the watts because those are variable. If I use the coil building tool on steam engine it will tell me what watts to use. I am curious why that can but ohms law can not.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Trust me when I tell you that you're safe and that the equation does work. The wattage is set by you, or if you can use it in voltage mode then the voltage is set by you. Its constant once you set it. If you vape at 7 watts you will be drawing approximately 2.5 volts at the most.

When you use the coil building calculator on Steam Engine the part in the results window where you can adjust the wattage to find out where the "green zone" is is called the Heat Flux. Understanding Heat Flux is a whole different conversation. For now please read up on Ohms Law and understand it.

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I have some juices I like the taste of but they are just too strong for me to sit and just continually vape. Is there a way to mute them? I was thinking maybe putting less wick in when I build the coil or something. I heard about diluting with unflavored in the same strength but I don't know where to get that locally and I don't have the funds to ship it.
Any ideas? I don't want juice to go to waste
Make some unflavored DIY and dilute the liquid 50-75%. My DIY uses 1% flavoring and it's fine. most recipes seem to call for +10% and up. I don't get that at all.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Trust me when I tell you that you're safe and that the equation does work. The wattage is set by you, or if you can use it in voltage mode then the voltage is set by you. Its constant once you set it. If you vape at 7 watts you will be drawing approximately 2.5 volts at the most.

When you use the coil building calculator on Steam Engine the part in the results window where you can adjust the wattage to find out where the "green zone" is is called the Heat Flux. Understanding Heat Flux is a whole different conversation. For now please read up on Ohms Law and understand it.
Yes sir! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread