MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Good Morning, Gang!

Y'all have been busy overnight. Not intending to re-open the charging debate, but somewhere back on the previous thread, I'd commented that my one MVP only would charge to 4.1. Heck, it's now reading 4.2 when it's done :)

Also decided to try upping my watts setting during a good ol' vaping session. Running around 10W on 1.8-2.0 coils.... Getting a bit more flavor. Guess I'd been somewhat "conservative" in that I didn't want to drain my batteries as quickly, but since I got my 3rd MVP (which is stationed at home), I'm less concerned about running out of charge, so, I'm cranking them all up a touch.

Also starting to "drip" with a kf mini. That's somewhat amusing as well. Granted, no sub-ohmming, but I do get a little more flavor than with a traditional build.

New thread, new experiments..... "Next Generation"

:toast:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Good Morning, Gang!

Y'all have been busy overnight. Not intending to re-open the charging debate, but somewhere back on the previous thread, I'd commented that my one MVP only would charge to 4.1. Heck, it's now reading 4.2 when it's done :)

Also decided to try upping my watts setting during a good ol' vaping session. Running around 10W on 1.8-2.0 coils.... Getting a bit more flavor. Guess I'd been somewhat "conservative" in that I didn't want to drain my batteries as quickly, but since I got my 3rd MVP (which is stationed at home), I'm less concerned about running out of charge, so, I'm cranking them all up a touch.

Also starting to "drip" with a kf mini. That's somewhat amusing as well. Granted, no sub-ohmming, but I do get a little more flavor than with a traditional build.

New thread, new experiments..... "Next Generation"

:toast:

ya know that's something no one ever talks about
how good a 'dripper' KF are...

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

ya know that's something no one ever talks about
how good a 'dripper' KF are...
I'd been asking around about that, but no one has had much experience doing it that way. I don't want to spend any more on gear unless I have confidence that it's going to truly be that "next best thing."

I have carts, not a carto tank; I still have the original 510 attys from my original ecigs. I have 4 kayfun clones. I don't *need* more stuff. I want to learn how to use my stuff better....

Sent from.... ooh look! Something shiny!!!

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
Ill have to pick up a brick that limits to 1amp. Im pretty sure my cell phone brick charges higher, and the only other thing I have to charge with is the USB ports on my laptop.

Ive only ever had the MVP go dead once, and that was after 3 days of use. Usually I recharge every other day, with the voltage being around 3.7 when it goes on the charge. I would imagine Ill need to charge more often when I get my sample of rayon from donesmokin- it appears rayon needs a watt or 2 more to prevent "watery vape". Thats prolly since rayon doesnt "hang on" to liquid as well as cotton (though wicks better).

Anyways, I have a post on page 2- if anyone wants me to edit with some info for the MVP gleaned from the other thread, let me know :)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Are you running the 1.6 or 1.8 coils in the nautilus? I've got 2 full sized that I have been throwing on the my new MVP v2. One has a 1.6 and the other is a 1,8, both BVC. I set the MVP to 8.5W and both are tasting great!

Haven't seen Katdarling in this new thread (yet) but she said she found the best flavor "between 9 and 10w".

For me (I concentrate more on vapor since my taste buds are still in hibernation after years of analogs)...I'm going into my 3rd week of running my first Aspire BVC at 11 Watts on my MVP2...and loving it!!!

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Ill have to pick up a brick that limits to 1amp. Im pretty sure my cell phone brick charges higher, and the only other thing I have to charge with is the USB ports on my laptop.

Ive only ever had the MVP go dead once, and that was after 3 days of use. Usually I recharge every other day, with the voltage being around 3.7 when it goes on the charge. I would imagine Ill need to charge more often when I get my sample of rayon from donesmokin- it appears rayon needs a watt or 2 more to prevent "watery vape". Thats prolly since rayon doesnt "hang on" to liquid as well as cotton (though wicks better).

Anyways, I have a post on page 2- if anyone wants me to edit with some info for the MVP gleaned from the other thread, let me know :)

I saw a 1 amp wall wart in a counter display for $5 at the hardware store yesterday.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
good deal

it seemed weird to try and kill it red
yellow alot longer than I remember
then not sure I ever saw 3.3v before from it.

:)

Say it isn't so lol, what happened to the charge it early and often routine . Is this just a rare occasion (i hope) or a new belief ? I hope this doesn't confuse people into thinking they should heavily discharge the MVP.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Thats good , so to make it clear to all you new MVP owners, discharging the MVP to yellow and beyond IS NOT recommended if your interested in the best possible longevity of your new device

To avoid countless questions on the best way to charge as was so common on the other threads , making it clear at the beginning on this thread seems prudent to me.

I will let Puff or Capt discuss this since they seem to have the longest running MVP's to date.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Just my opinion , but instead of picking up where we left off in the other thread i think it would be wise to start with the most useful info for newbies in this new thread .

Again just my opinion , but i would be at a complete loss if i started reading this new one and had questions about charging , settings etc...

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Say it isn't so lol, what happened to the charge it early and often routine . Is this just a rare occasion (i hope) or a new belief ? I hope this doesn't confuse people into thinking they should heavily discharge the MVP.

No herb, just an occasional thing to do. I will recharge at yellow and then go back to my usual recharge at 3.7 or so.

Thats good , so to make it clear to all you new MVP owners, discharging the MVP to yellow and beyond IS NOT recommended if your interested in the best possible longevity of your new device
To avoid countless questions on the best way to charge as was so common on the other threads , making it clear at the beginning on this thread seems prudent to me.
I will let Puff or Capt discuss this since they seem to have the longest running MVP's to date.

I am by no means well versed or knowledgeable in this topic,
but the gist of my understanding, this is how I see it from what I read...

li-ion that we use are protected
either by the circuitry inside the device itself or incorporated into the battery
3 main safety parameters
-short circuit
-over charge
-low discharge
so the relationship between the pcb and the battery needs renewed ‘once in awhile’
you always do one by nature (full charge it)
but the full discharge is subjective to habit (with-in stated parameters)
fully discharge lithiums meaning, with-in the built in limits
batteries have safety limits built in for its own protection
so a FULL range on occasion – (low% to full%) is just a slap in the pcb face
so it knows what the rules are…
like I’ve said before, I’ve read many different variations of this theory
so I’ve come to believe in the practice…

"just an occasional thing to do"

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I am by no means well versed or knowledgeable in this topic,
but the gist of my understanding, this is how I see it from what I read...

li-ion that we use are protected
either by the circuitry inside the device itself or incorporated into the battery
3 main safety parameters
-short circuit
-over charge
-low discharge
so the relationship between the pcb and the battery needs renewed ‘once in awhile’
you always do one by nature (full charge it)
but the full discharge is subjective to habit (with-in stated parameters)
fully discharge lithiums meaning, with-in the built in limits
batteries have safety limits built in for its own protection
so a FULL range on occasion – (low% to full%) is just a slap in the pcb face
so it knows what the rules are…
like I’ve said before, I’ve read many different variations of this theory
so I’ve come to believe in the practice…

"just an occasional thing to do"

I was hoping you would talk about your charging routine , you know the one you talked about on many occasions in the other thread .

Specifically the charge the MVP until it hits 4.1 instead of 4.2 (which is typically about a half hour early from the light going off in my experience) and taking it off the charger (if remembered ) before the green light goes out.

Based on all the research from "Battery University" it seems putting it on the charger and charging it at 3.7 volts (meaning when your MVP shows 3.7 when you press both buttons together ) that is the time to recharge it .

To get the maximum # of cycle lives from the MVP it's best to NOT let it go to yellow and especially red . Letting it go past the 3.7 mark is fine every once in awhile but following that procedure on a regular basis will not increase MVP cycle life.

Well it seems i just explained your method and you have had yours working like new for over a year , thats good enough for me .

TBPlayer2112

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2012
Northern Illinois
Good morning MVP's. Still loving my new toy. Little guy lasts nearly 2 days before needing a charge. Just using Protank mini's and a Aerotank all at @ 8.5 watts and it's been really good for me. So glad I got this. I've got the Carbon Black one. Next MVP I buy will be the silver one. Can anyone tell me if the silver is a fingerprint magnet at all? Not that it would be a deal breaking in any way. I'm still gonna get another one.....:sneaky:....then another one after that. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread