MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Here's another fact about the MVP and why it gives such an amazing vape , it runs at a much higher wave length that is very similar to a Provari . Here is a quote from Baditude who really knows his stuff :

Flat line on the oscilloscope for the MVP is just like the Provari, which fires over 800 Hz.
I guess thats why this veteran made this comment in the "ask the veterans " forum when someone asked "what comes close to a Provari" .

IMHO, the MVP is very close to a ProVari in vape quality.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
How is was explained in the Sigelei Zmax thread. Makes sense that a higher hz gives a smoother vape.

As Jeremy explained in a previous post, it depends on the battery configuration you are using.

We need to remember that the Sigelei ZMAX is a digital device and ALWAYS uses 6 volts to fire the atty using pulse width modulation. What changes the power to your atty is the duration of those 6 volt "pulses". The 6 volt pulses reproduce the same level of energy as the comparable DC analog voltage or power level your device is set to. So for example, if you have your mod set to 4 volts, the 6 volts pulses would have less duration than if you had it on a setting that required 5 volts. The duration of those 6 volt digital pulses can be made to reproduce the same heating effect at your atty as if you were applying a straight analog DC voltage from a mech mod (within the capabilities of the device obviously).

Since this device is designed to use different battery configurations, it needs to be able to sense the input supply voltage from the battery and then make a decision on what strategy to use to power the device. Since the input voltage from the battery is never 6 volts which is what it needs, the input voltage either needs to be increased or decreased in order to power the device. To accomplish this, the device either uses a "boost circuit" or a "buck converter" to get the correct working voltage of 6 volts.

When using only one battery, the device uses its boost circuit to increase the 4.2 volts from the battery to the necessary 6 volts the mod needs for those pulses. Since the voltage is increased, the current is decreased (Law of Conservation of Energy). For this reason and probably for other reasons based on the boost circuit components and how it's designed, it cannot provide more than 2.5 amps. Sigelei does not advertise this limitation and this is what can confuse people when they attempt to get more than 2.5 amps to the atty with a single battery and can't understand why they are having a problem.

When you are using 2 stacked batteries, the device uses a buck converter to take the combined 8.4 volts from the batteries and reduce it to the 6 volts the mod needs for the pulses. Using the buck converter to decrease the voltage gives the added benefit of increasing the existing current beyond what the batteries are currently providing. Since voltage is decreased, current is increased (Law of Conservation of Energy). The increased current capability of the buck converter is what enables the device to provide 4 amps of current to the atty when the batteries are stacked.

I hope this helped eliminate any confusion, and I apologize ahead of time if I didn't explain this very well...

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Jandry , i missed the below post in the other thread so i transferred it here.

Yeah sorry- I try to be very precise to be clear, and all I end up doing is making what I write hard to understand Also, im impatient as well, so heres another response

I fill via the fill hole. As I understand it, its fairly necessary to do this with thinner juices anyways so you dont flood the chimney. Yeah, im prolly working too hard at it, but hey it works now so its a start Im not the only one whos had wicking issues- I think the kayfun/russian is one of those things where you need to get a setup that works for you. I will aim to simplify the process now since I have a good baseline that I know works.

Appreciate the advice and on standby for the new thread...

Just wanted to let you know that there is certainly no need to apologize , the way you explain things is being you , i know your not trying to confuse anybody , i (for the most part) get what your saying and enjoy your posts , keep it up.

PS : The only thing i raise an eyebrow about is when you say you "suck on the chimney tip " other than that , it's all good .

Hi all...I'm from indonesia. Start vaping last july with an evod vv + pro tank. Move to mvp 2 + nautilus mini last week. Love this mvp! And love this nautilus!

It's really good for daily vape. Use to set the mvp to the max 11 watt and set the nautilus on 3rd air hole.

Is it ok to start the mvp on 11 watt? Or it's better to start from 7 or 8 watt and up untill 11 gradually?

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
Now i'm really confused lol. It doesn't matter to me how it works , just that it does work but others may like the technical stuff.

Basically it says if you set the device to 4v and the battery is at 3.7v the circuit doesn't boost the volts to 4 but to 6 in short bursts that are equal to a steady 4.

Hi all...I'm from indonesia. Start vaping last july with an evod vv + pro tank. Move to mvp 2 + nautilus mini last week. Love this mvp! And love this nautilus!

It's really good for daily vape. Use to set the mvp to the max 11 watt and set the nautilus on 3rd air hole.

Is it ok to start the mvp on 11 watt? Or it's better to start from 7 or 8 watt and up untill 11 gradually?

Cstock

Jul 29, 2014
Indiana
it’s been awhile, so Thursday (21st) I started to discharge my MVP

it just won’t die…

Thursday, all day Friday, all day Saturday, finally about 8pm Sat night
I got it to RED, wow ! – I was trying to kill it too, long heavy draws, using
it 95% of the time – lots of life in the `ole gurl still

so I guess it was about 8:15pm it shut it self off & I plugged it in…

611 = yellow / 722 = red / 741 = off [3.3v] ≈ my MVP is 1 yr old

now see how long a dead to full charge takes…

well it just went off - {5hr 15min} 8-1:30

:closedeyes:

I'm at 589 puffs now. I haven't charged it since I got it in the mail (so not at all). Soooo happy!

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014

It's fine to set it to eleven and start vaping , i personally vape most tanks and clearos in the 8 -9 watt range , even the Nautilus, but prefer even lower for things like the Kangertech T2's and T3s models.

Enjoy it , it's an incredible vaping device and a great bargain at $35.00 - $40.00

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
The silver is a matte finish, I have one. Before I put a wrap on it, I didn't have a fingerprint problem. My husband has the blue one, which has the same finish as the silver, so no fingerprints on that either. We put wraps on them early on to avoid scratches.

Good morning MVP's. Still loving my new toy. Little guy lasts nearly 2 days before needing a charge. Just using Protank mini's and a Aerotank all at @ 8.5 watts and it's been really good for me. So glad I got this. I've got the Carbon Black one. Next MVP I buy will be the silver one. Can anyone tell me if the silver is a fingerprint magnet at all? Not that it would be a deal breaking in any way. I'm still gonna get another one.....:sneaky:....then another one after that. :wub:

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Ill have to pick up a brick that limits to 1amp. Im pretty sure my cell phone brick charges higher, and the only other thing I have to charge with is the USB ports on my laptop.

Ive only ever had the MVP go dead once, and that was after 3 days of use. Usually I recharge every other day, with the voltage being around 3.7 when it goes on the charge. I would imagine Ill need to charge more often when I get my sample of rayon from donesmokin- it appears rayon needs a watt or 2 more to prevent "watery vape". Thats prolly since rayon doesnt "hang on" to liquid as well as cotton (though wicks better).

Anyways, I have a post on page 2- if anyone wants me to edit with some info for the MVP gleaned from the other thread, let me know :)

Charge with your computers USB.. USB2 is limited to .5a, USB3 is .9a.. I charge on the USB2's .5a for a long slow charge rate..

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I had to do some checking but my MVP2 is 11 months old and still going strong. I know there is some talk about charging. I have been always charged mine when it reads 3.8 volts and I use my Samsung phone charger. I use my Innokin VV3's as the MVP chargers, which is a great device too. I'm not into sub ohms and cloud chasing so the MVP 2 is the perfect device for me. I do use carto tanks and cartos and vape between 7.5 and 8.5 watts. I'm not going to compare the MVP 2 to the Provari since I don't own one and the fact is I can purchase 6 MVP 2's for the price of one Provari. Would I buy another MVP 2? You bet I would as I love the box feel which at first I thought was too big, but now it fits my hand just right and vapes almost forever on a charge.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Charge with your computers USB.. USB2 is limited to .5a, USB3 is .9a.. I charge on the USB2's .5a for a long slow charge rate..

I have been using the computers USB port to charge both of mine since i got them , i also use the charge cable that came with them and it works great . Seems to charge both perfectly.

I had to do some checking but my MVP2 is 11 months old and still going strong. I know there is some talk about charging. I have been always charged mine when it reads 3.8 volts and I use my Samsung phone charger. I use my Innokin VV3's as the MVP chargers, which is a great device too. I'm not into sub ohms and cloud chasing so the MVP 2 is the perfect device for me. I do use carto tanks and cartos and vape between 7.5 and 8.5 watts. I'm not going to compare the MVP 2 to the Provari since I don't own one and the fact is I can purchase 6 MVP 2's for the price of one Provari. Would I buy another MVP 2? You bet I would as I love the box feel which at first I thought was too big, but now it fits my hand just right and vapes almost forever on a charge.

Eleven months , thats awesome , sounds like the charging early has been working great for you. On another note about the Provari , i look at it like is the Provari six times better than the MVP , i highly doubt it .

Jaime Bates

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Parma, Ohio, United States
Ill chime in vaping space jam Pluto at about 4.2 on my protank 2 with my 1.3 rebuilt coil. Amazing vapor amazing flavor also got the adjustable air base on it amazing.

Further more the mvp is the perfect battery combined with the protank 2 I find myself charging every night not out of need but just to have a full battery all day. But I puff about 620 times from morning till night. The voltage says its about 3.5 or 3.6 when I plug in at night.

Question I have is should Charge every night? Or let it die then charge it? Let me know happy sunday fun day y'all.

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Ill chime in vaping space jam Pluto at about 4.2 on my protank 2 with my 1.3 rebuilt coil. Amazing vapor amazing flavor also got the adjustable air base on it amazing.

Further more the mvp is the perfect battery combined with the protank 2 I find myself charging every night not out of need but just to have a full battery all day. But I puff about 620 times from morning till night. The voltage says its about 3.5 or 3.6 when I plug in at night.

Question I have is should Charge every night? Or let it die then charge it? Let me know happy sunday fun day y'all.

Yes, if your battery is down to 3.5 or 3.6 charge it. You don't want to run it dead and then charge it each time. Once in awhile is fine but don't make a habit out of it. Have fun and vape away.

Herzeleid14

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
love mine, it and the aerotank V2 with the stainless "window" is just the the perfect setup (for me) for a durable vape while driving, ive thought of giving the natal us mini a go.. does it come with an ss window as well?

Ya know, i think ill pass on the natalus Mini for now, untill aspire makes a different steel "window" for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread