MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I was hoping you would talk about your charging routine , you know the one you talked about on many occasions in the other thread .

Specifically the charge the MVP until it hits 4.1 instead of 4.2 (which is typically about a half hour early from the light going off in my experience) and taking it off the charger (if remembered ) before the green light goes out.

Based on all the research from "Battery University" it seems putting it on the charger and charging it at 3.7 volts (meaning when your MVP shows 3.7 when you press both buttons together ) that is the time to recharge it .

To get the maximum # of cycle lives from the MVP it's best to NOT let it go to yellow and especially red . Letting it go past the 3.7 mark is fine every once in awhile but following that procedure on a regular basis will not increase MVP cycle life.

Well it seems i just explained your method and you have had yours working like new for over a year , thats good enough for me .

A cycle is a cycle, either charging just 20% or fully. It's best explained on Apple U, they recommend using batteries as fully as you can, since a recharge is a recharge.Batts are meant to last 300 charge cycles, if you charge it just a little is a charge cycle nonetheless.

I recommend once in a while drain it completely and fully charging it. It's meant to last a year with daily use.

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Wait wait wait..... So you're saying that wrapping my MVP in copper wire and letting it get struck by lightning is a BAD thing?? Fast charge = bad??

Crap. (Might explain why I'm going through coils so fast too.....)

Well, if your gonna go with lightning as a power source...

41CUsFwuUYL._AA160_.jpg

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
A cycle is a cycle, either charging just 20% or fully. It's best explained on Apple U, they recommend using batteries as fully as you can, since a recharge is a recharge.Batts are meant to last 300 charge cycles, if you charge it just a little is a charge cycle nonetheless.

I recommend once in a while drain it completely and fully charging it. It's meant to last a year with daily use.

But that is incorrect... how deep the discharge is effects the number of cycles you can get...

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.

This goes contrary to most every thing I have read. I have always understood a charge cycle to be a complete cycle whether that be one complete charge of 100% or 4 charges when it was only depleted 25% each time.

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
This goes contrary to most every thing I have read. I have always understood a charge cycle to be a complete cycle whether that be one complete charge of 100% or 4 charges when it was only depleted 25% each time.

Its actually more than that.. Some batteries you can charge 1000 times when down 25%, but can only do it once or twice when down 100%.

Jaime Bates

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Parma, Ohio, United States
Yes, if your battery is down to 3.5 or 3.6 charge it. You don't want to run it dead and then charge it each time. Once in awhile is fine but don't make a habit out of it. Have fun and vape away.
Thanks I will definitely use that tip. Its amazing though the battery life period blows my mind. Im a heavy vapor with the MVP I can feel free to go out be away from the house the car charger etc. With my ego battery 1100mah it wasn't enough. When I say heavy vapor I've found after a week of having the MVP its about 620puffs a day! I know its alot but when u got great juice flavors and a great coil thanks to being able to rebuild em. I am a vapor for life!

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life, other than to calibrate the fuel gauge on a smart battery once in a while. Read more about Battery Calibration.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

And for the person complaining he only saw 4.1v on the MVP at full charge.. You are lucky :)

Most Li-ions are charged to 4.20V/cell and every reduction of 0.10V/cell is said to double cycle life. For example, a lithium-ion cell charged to 4.20V/cell typically delivers 300–500 cycles. If charged to only 4.10V/cell, the life can be prolonged to 600–1,000 cycles; 4.00V/cell should deliver 1,200–2,000 and 3.90V/cell 2,400–4,000 cycles

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I'd been asking around about that, but no one has had much experience doing it that way.
I don't want to spend any more on gear unless I have confidence that it's going to truly be that "next best thing."

I have carts, not a carto tank; I still have the original 510 attys from my original ecigs. I have 4 kayfun clones.
I don't *need* more stuff. I want to learn how to use my stuff better....

haha, same deal here - I wanna buy everything Everything EVERYTHING

but showed amazing restraint (IMO) and what I do have, I’m trying to perfect
it into the most performance I can possibly get from said device…
with the meager collection I have; I have qwit smoking, enjoy tasty vaping,
and added a hobby interesting enuff to occupy my time as I choose...

and a cost saving compared to the old bad habit (not to mention health)

charge some batteries, roll some coils, mix some juice – ♫ ohh, doo daa day

:)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Say it isn't so lol, what happened to the charge it early and often routine . Is this just a rare occasion (i hope) or a new belief ? I hope this doesn't confuse people into thinking they should heavily discharge the MVP.

re-reading, thought that I'd give you a better answer - not to worry big guy:

as far as charging my MVP :
I will still follow the practice of “short-charging” my batteries
charge it soon & charge it often
not allowing it to get to low (never yellow) when possible
and remove it from charge BEFORE it completes (early 4.1v)

and it seems that philosophy pays true as my "old" MVP still holds a charge
for about 3 days of strong vape at the ripe old age of 1yr old...

- - -

the point is the stress the battery endures during
the final saturation of charging - if reduced, will DOUBLE the life cycle
of said battery (so I read) manufacturers want you to FULL charge their product
so they can boast extreme battery life between charge cycles, not battery longevity

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Am now into my 3rd week with this and still absolutely loving it. In fact ... blown away by it. Another one is on the horizon very shortly. After reading the above posts, I will definitely have to pay more attention to what mine shows on a full charge (4.1 versus 4.2). :) On another note though ... does anyone have any suggestions for covering the bottom to protect the connect outlets? I carry mine in my purse and, sooner or later, fuzz and stuff is going to get up there, I just know it. So ... was wondering if there was a nifty trick that people are using to keep those clean?

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Found the "new" thread. Whew thought you guys had left without me. I was pretty much a lurker on the old thread. Just enjoying all you folks.
Plan to post more here. The MVP is an awesome device for newbies or experienced vapers. Look forward to a good gab.

hey that's great to hear, glad to have ya and hope to see some posts from ya...

and if you're having a bad day, just pick on "herb"

MVP rulz !

:evil:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Am now into my 3rd week with this and still absolutely loving it. In fact ... blown away by it. Another one is on the horizon very shortly. After reading the above posts, I will definitely have to pay more attention to what mine shows on a full charge (4.1 versus 4.2). :) On another note though ... does anyone have any suggestions for covering the bottom to protect the connect outlets? I carry mine in my purse and, sooner or later, fuzz and stuff is going to get up there, I just know it. So ... was wondering if there was a nifty trick that people are using to keep those clean?

hi, glad you're lovin some MVP

yeah, just don't let the green light go out by itself (full saturation)
if you have the luxury to be around a charge port just guess, then plug it back in {ez pz}

tell ya what best way simple cheap

when I want to seal bottom up
just a small piece of blue painters tape

works just GREAT !
easy to apply, off / on, and leaves no sticky

(don't forget the bottom holes also act as a case vent-tape shouldn't hinder it any)

Vape≈Happy

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Ok-I gave up on staying caught up on the old thread. I will try to check in here more often.
I have 2 MVPS-one is a 510 and one is an 808 (from Smokeless Image). I love them both, but tend to use the 510 more. Right now, I have a mini Nautilus on it running at 10 Watts.

sounds good

wanna hear how your vaping with MVP lifestyle goes

seems lots of peeps are lovin mini naut on MVP :ohmy:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Good morning MVP's. Still loving my new toy. Little guy lasts nearly 2 days before needing a charge. Just using Protank mini's and a Aerotank all at @ 8.5 watts and it's been really good for me. So glad I got this. I've got the Carbon Black one. Next MVP I buy will be the silver one. Can anyone tell me if the silver is a fingerprint magnet at all?
Not that it would be a deal breaking in any way. I'm still gonna get another one.....:sneaky:....then another one after that. :wub:

as answered, the silver (called Rugged Steel) is a textured surface

here's some close ups

- http://www.vapemeaway.com/media/cat...5d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/t/itaste-mvp-front.jpg
- http://vapexec.com/media/catalog/pr...8eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/s/dsc01826.jpg

:blink:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hi all...I'm from indonesia. Start vaping last july with an evod vv + pro tank. Move to mvp 2 + nautilus mini last week. Love this mvp! And love this nautilus!

It's really good for daily vape. Use to set the mvp to the max 11 watt and set the nautilus on 3rd air hole.

Is it ok to start the mvp on 11 watt? Or it's better to start from 7 or 8 watt and up untill 11 gradually?

welcome to MVP world,

probably not a burden on the MVP
but you might want to be gentle on coil
and build up to your max at first…

until you get it broke in, then :evil:

you might find happiness before you get to 11 :D

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I'm at 589 puffs now. I haven't charged it since I got it in the mail (so not at all). Soooo happy!

that's too cool, huh

spend $40 bucks for something and it lasts & lasts & lasts & lasts & lasts & lasts...

and cool to use, and makes your gear work spiffy

not sure if I said this before but

MVP rules

:rules:

:headbang:

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
hi, glad you're lovin some MVP
tell ya what best way simple cheap

when I want to seal bottom up
just a small piece of blue painters tape

works just GREAT !
easy to apply, off / on, and leaves no sticky

(don't forget the bottom holes also act as a case vent-tape shouldn't hinder it any)

Vape≈Happy

So simple, why didn't I think of that. Already use it to label my tanks so I know what juice is in each.
Just reached over grabbed my roll of blue tape, cut off a couple pieces and stuck them on both MVPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread