Travel and Vaping Mvp version 2 and flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

somejaykid

May 5, 2014
Under a rock
hi guys, quick question i was searching for an answer here but i didn't find it unless i didn't look hard enough. my question is i'm flying in the end of the month and curious if the security in the airport would give me troubles if i bring my mvp with me. the thing looks like a detonator without a tank and i'm sure they can see the battery when they run it in their x-ray machine. should i leave my mvp at home or chance it with them. i don't want to buy cigarretes when i get a craving i'm so far ahead without the stinkies, i don't want to go back to them now.

leaving chicago to kansas so no abroad trip going to my friend wedding

somejaykid

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Shouldn't be an issue. Worst case they will probably ask what it is if they don't recognize it. I've flown with various PVs, including box mods of similar form factor to the MVP, and never had an issue at the checkpoint

You could always carry a small Priority Mail flat-rate box with a shipping label addressed to yourself (think of it as $6 of piece of mind) just on the slim chance that you run into problems. It's highly unlikely, but will at least give you the option to step out of line and hit the mail box to ship it back home.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
I'm also a member of a flashlight forum (CPF) and this is a big question there too, If no one since 9/11 has had any issues with carrying flashlights that use 18650 and longer batteries and almost never have been questioned about it (and some flashlights are stainless steel build and other fancy metals), I don't see why you'd have a problem with a PV. I did once read a rule about not allowing metal tubes of more than 6 inches long, but that rules seems to have disappeared and I have read many accounts of people carrying more than half a dozen flashlights in a carry-on, some up to 8 inches as far as I can remember.

I'd be more worried about making sure I'm not carrying too much e-liquid than a "reasonably" sized mod and tank.

One thing that has happened, though: People flying out of Mexico have reported having litium-ion batteries seized from them for some dark reason. Take less batteries and a charger instead if going that way.

P.S.: If you think your mod looks like a detonator, you should look up cottonpicker's chargers (please tell him Caratact sent you if you end up buying one - that's my nickname on CPF). One guy did get stopped at security and they let him through after he explained and demonstrated its use.

[EDIT]: yes, I realize the MVP is a box mod... I just wanted to illustrate it's not a threatening looking device and let others know they have good chances to go through no problem all at once.

Last edited:

sjtown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
armed forces europe
i live overseas and make yearly pilgrimages back to the states through mirade of airports
have yet to have any problems
i pack all batteries and cords with my laptop and ipad gear
cartos emtpy near my jewlry
liquid near my lotions and such
and i ALWAYS bring all of the afore mentioned items out because of quantities

my husband also travels the exact same way, just not as organized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread