Status
Not open for further replies.

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
put 4 holes in the i06 cover, just like in the video. was working good, but now it is leaking all the liguid out of the bottom of atty. going to start over, start with just making 1 hole and go from there, then 2 holes and so forth,.
@ MWA, anything more on the use of the 510 atty in the tank?

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Right on Quad ! As I stated earlier and in my Youtube video, a simple Delrin tube cut to the correct size for the tank you want to use with the proper size & Placed holes is the best way to do this. You can by Delrin tubing at McMaster-Carr = McMaster-Carr
I'm a little confused by this. You mention Delrin tube but the link is for Acrylic tubing. Wouldn't you want to use Polycarbonate tubing? McMaster-Carr #9176T3 is what I use.

What would even be better with that store would be if you could actually purchase products from it. You can add stuff to the cart all day long, but can't actually checkout yet. I've been going back there every day and trying...
I already emailed them about that. I was like, where's the checkout button?

QUADSHOT

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
oceanside, ca
Well I got some 3.0 HV 306's to use on my VV Provari. Been playing with them in my V2 Torpedo tank, and think I have dialed it in. What is even nicer is it could not be simpler.

Screw atty with cap on battery.
Put tank base on over cap and atty all the way down to battery where it will be normally.
Make 2 holes in atty cap right where the cap comes out of the tank base using standard size sewing needle.
Put rest of tank together, fill with liquid and vape away!
If the hits start getting dry I just turn the voltage down a bit, and it is good.
So far I have vaped medium and high VG juice and the 2 hole setup has worked fine.

I originally had a problem with when putting the tank top on and the air pressure was squirting the liquid and flooding the atty. Turns out I had added a rubber washer in the tank top when I used it with with the CE2. By removing the washer the problem went away.

So anyway I can vouch that the standard size Torpedo Tank works great as a 306 tank right out of the box. Add atty, make holes, add liquid, and vape. The only problem is the tank is small and only hold a couple ml's of liquid. The next thing I am going to try is take the xl tube and cut it down to get a larger tank / more liquid.

Sorry I don't have pics or video. Just don't have the system to do that right now.

How are others mods working?

If we could verify the right dimensions of a clear tube to have a larger tank instead of using the stock caps that come with the 306's. I'm not sure if the measurements (od,id, wall thickness) will differ from each brand of 306's but I would assume so unless it's a custom like the i06? I guess a sure way would be to use a digital caliper. A tube with a rounded edge would be great so you avoid cutting the inside o-ring.

I'm sure all the tank suppliers are all watching this thread so keep bumping this up!

Last edited:

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
If we could verify the right dimensions of a clear tube to have a larger tank instead of using the stock caps that come with the 306's. I'm not sure if the measurements (od,id, wall thickness) will differ from each brand of 306's but I would assume so unless it's a custom like the i06? I guess a sure way would be to use a digital caliper. A tube with a rounded edge would be great so you avoid cutting the inside o-ring.

I'm sure all the tank suppliers are all watching this thread so keep bumping this up!

i used a clear ce2 carto tube , it slides over the 306 atty cover pritty snug to make a good seal.then put holes through both atty cover and tube, it makes for a larger set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread