My batteries are getting REAL HOT in my Nemesis Clone. Insulation is comming off. What's happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've got an hcigar Nemesis Clone and although it's not real, it's said to be pretty damn good. But I've been having a problem. For what seems for no reason at all, my battery will start getting real hot. Enough that as you can see in the photos, the insulation has been marred.

This happens when I either first put the battery in, or adjust the button, top cap or top pin. And it ruins the insulation at the bottom of the battery.

It doesnt happen a lot. It seems totally random. I'm using aspire bdc tanks / coils, and they don't seem to be very consistent and reliable. I'm switching to a RDA.

I would like to know how unsafe these batteries are to use, what could happen, and also, WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?

If I read this right, your batteries will start heating up even though you are not firing the mod and do it with multiple toppers, correct?

You've got an intermittent short for sure.

I suggest you do not use the mod until you have a DMM and you've figured out where the short is coming from. As has been said, short it enough times and your battery will eventually vent and that's nasty and dangerous.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Details are not abundant in this case. I'll take a wild stab at issue. Combo of switch short and topper short. On the switch end, vent hole burrs or improper switch firing pin adjustment may be causing a random auto fire condition; but this will not melt insulation w/o another issue. One suspect is intermittent topper short depending on how tight upper firing pin is adjusted.

Could be straight forward to verify issue(s) w/ a DMM.

Moonswanni

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
The Winner Circle
A member with only one post wanted me to post this in this thread.

Could someone get over to the above named thread and tell this buddy that the Aspire bdc pin wiggles around a lot and touches"shorts out" against the ground of the Aspire. This happens when tightning the Nemesis top pin to the Aspire. I checked with a DMM and yup, dead zero! My Neme got so hot I had to drop it! Lucky the switch didn't melt to the on position or it would of been worse. Always "kick" with a mech mod now...:p

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
Get a multimeter asap! You can find a cheap one that will serve you quite well at any hardware store for about the price of 15ml of your favorite juice. Guess there's a Home Depot or Radio Shack in your area? No one should use a mech Mod without one and preferably also a 510/eGo ohm meter (about $10), better topped with a voltmeter attachment (less than $2) @ SlowTech. ;-)

Here's a tutorial on how to use a DMM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread