• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My Best Friend :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwilly

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2012
Clinton Township Michigan
I met my best friend when I was 15 years old. Of course we started smoking together, and doing all the stuff our parents didn't want us to do..lol. Fast foward 33 years and were still best friends. Stay in touch with each other and hang out every so often. We are just like family to each other. When she was 18 her father passed away from lung cancer. About 5 years ago her mother passed away from lung cancer. They both smoked. Her father was in his late 60 s I believe. Her mother was 85 yrs old.

I'm gonna make this short seeins how I already wrote all this out, and forgot to sign in UGHHH. Anyway when I started vaping I was of course excited to share it all with her. She took a vape and asked "Whats the point" so I gave her the speech about it's a healthier way to get nicotine without all the chemicals. She stated "Well I don't like it". So I thought I can respect that it's not her thing. We get together again and it' a group of people and someone is taking pictures, and I just so happen to take a vape of my mod and she looks at me and points her finger at my mod and says "You get that thing outta here" . I let this roll off my back and thought "Whatever". Now mind you in 33 years we have had 1 disagreement a couple of years ago and I don't even remember what it was about. It was trivial. This time we get together and she says to me, "You know I seen a piece on the news that those are just as bad as regular cigarettes" WHAT IS HER PROBLEM"!! I let her have it. Said to her Well if the government said it it must be true, also told her when she has researched this as much as I have come talk to me, until then shut up. She is acting like this is lethal or illegal. Her DH and son smoke the other stuff and she doesn't act like this about that. The thing that gets me is she smokes. I would expect this behavior from a non smoker not someone who smokes.

Does she really think all these people that are doing this just decided one day hmm I think I'll just put all these chemicals together and inhale them without seeing if it'll kill me.

Not sure what to do from here. I want to apologize for going off on her, but I'm not sure what to say afterwards. I still feel the same. I'm not going to quit vaping and I'm also not going to agree with her. I've researched too much to believe what she is saying. So I don't know she is my best friend I'm hurt by all of this she never even gave me a chance to explain why I feel the way I do :(

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Perhaps when you see her you should tell her that you respect her decision to smoke and would appreciate it if she would respect your decision to vape.

I agree with SASmith. Also, she may see it as a threat to your friendship. Things are changing, as you used to smoke analogs together. Maybe tell your best friend that you are sorry that you went off on her, but that you still stand behind your beliefs about vaping. Good luck!

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Thanks everyone who replied. I couldn't sleep last night, I was thinking about this. I don't have any friends that vape so I just needed to vent. I haven't talked to her yet. Just not ready, but I will in time. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. It helps :)

No problem! I hope everything turns out well for you! :)

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Thanks everyone who replied. I couldn't sleep last night, I was thinking about this. I don't have any friends that vape so I just needed to vent. I haven't talked to her yet. Just not ready, but I will in time. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. It helps :)

my best friend and I are 40 years into our friendship.......I wouldn't let too much time pass before i talked to her........

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
I did talk to her and I apologized. She still insist she has nothing against my vaping. So I'm not sure whats going on there. No matter It would take alot more for her and I to end our friendship. Thanks everyone.

That great!! Big (((hugs))) for both of you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread