My Coil Paradox M2 0.15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persian

Jul 19, 2017
Hello everyone, I was hoping someone here could answer a couple of my questions. I'm fairly new when it comes to vaping. I got started with the Smok V stick that comes with the big baby beast tank. Eventually I got myself an Alien 220w and I loved it so much I bought a second one. The only coil that I love and cannot live without is the Smok M2 0.15 ohm. This coil is meant for the V stick but I buy it for my Alien and LOVE it. I tried all of the pre-made coil like Q2 and X4 and all the other ones and hated them all, I got a box full of coils I hate. The M2 0.15 gives you these amazing large clouds with a very cool vape. Unlike most people I hate hot vape. I can run this thing at 40W and it's just perfection for me at least. Amazing flavor with a cool vape that makes your battery last forever.

Now the problem is that they only last me about 3 to 4 days as I love vaping.

Two questions:

1. Is it possible to find the right RBA to allow me to create my own coils and wicking that matches this cool cloudy flavor full of thick vape? What type of coil should I use? How many wraps should I do. What's the best RBA that can create the M2 coil experience?

2. Are Chinese M2 0.15 clones any good? I can buy 100 for a 100 dollas a piece, is it worth a try? Because at this point I'm goings to go broke buying coils lol

Someone please help!

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Ok, didn't know you already had that. I know they are small and it all comes down to the wicking. It takes time and practice with those and any RTA tanks. You could always try out a RDTA. They are easy to build on and wick since your tank section is on the bottom. That's the route I went, I was tired of spending the $$ for premade coils when I could make better tasting coils for a lot less.
I know of several people that use the M2 coils but they never have any issues with them. They don't last long like any Smok coil.
As far as building coils what would best for you? Dual build deck or to have the option to do a single or dual coil?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
There is a general feeling away from factory coils on the ECF. I get it, sure.
For me, I use them (lots of them) and get 4/5 days to sometimes a week or two depending on tank, juice, power, mls etc. I use dripper rda's at home & rarely tank rdta's.
I can't speak for the whole world out there but these coils cost me about the same as 1 cigarette per day. I buy from China, with a stock 2 months (or more) in advance. Clone coils are a lottery. Factory coils are not perfect but close enough for me.
Make your choice. In the UK a pack of smokes is $12. Rolling cigarettes costs $4, maybe. I can afford coils and if Vaping also saves ill- health, the cost (of the coils) is not worth the argument with myself. What I won't do is pay double to buy them from a UK shop, I always get authentic and stopped complaining about being $3500 a year better off, because it makes no sense.
Smokers, eh? - wasted health and money on a stupid addiction and then complain about $1 a day.
Sorry, but it's such a weak argument. If you really can't afford coils or begrudge the money, buy some wire and take your chances if your atomizer fails on you at work in the morning.
Yup... that's my feelings.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hello everyone, I was hoping someone here could answer a couple of my questions. I'm fairly new when it comes to vaping. I got started with the Smok V stick that comes with the big baby beast tank. Eventually I got myself an Alien 220w and I loved it so much I bought a second one. The only coil that I love and cannot live without is the Smok M2 0.15 ohm. This coil is meant for the V stick but I buy it for my Alien and LOVE it. I tried all of the pre-made coil like Q2 and X4 and all the other ones and hated them all, I got a box full of coils I hate. The M2 0.15 gives you these amazing large clouds with a very cool vape. Unlike most people I hate hot vape. I can run this thing at 40W and it's just perfection for me at least. Amazing flavor with a cool vape that makes your battery last forever.

Two questions:

1. Is it possible to find the right RBA to allow me to create my own coils and wicking that matches this cool cloudy flavor full of thick vape? What type of coil should I use? How many wraps should I do. What's the best RBA that can create the M2 coil experience?

2. Are Chinese M2 0.15 clones any good? I can buy 100 for a 100 dollas a piece, is it worth a try? Because at this point I'm goings to go broke buying coils lol

Someone please help!

answer:

1: I would have to say the answer is yes. However, to get your exact vape, you'll need to tweak, and keep tweaking some more until you get something you like. If you're running a 0.15 coil at 40W, then you're not putting much power to the coils. That's 2.4 volts going through the coils. I'd have to say if the atomizer puts out clouds at that wattage, it must be running a thin wire, probably a ribbon wire. A quad .15 ohm atomizer has four .6 ohm coils, for a quad RBA, I would try a 5 wrap on 28 gauge kanthal (around a 1.5mm post) with a RBA that can support four coils. Wicking comes with experience with the atomizer. If done right, most RBA's can be as good or better than a prebuilt coil. A quad setup on an RTA, (I am using a zephyrus as an example), might look like this:

S0pdDDt.jpg

In this example, they use thicker wire, but you might want to use a thinner wire, less wraps to reduce heat. That is also a vertical build, you can do a horizontal build that might look something like this:

11352118_879505545471759_1138644246_n.jpg

The trick is just to play around with it.

2. Chinese coils are a hit and miss. I've had few problems with chinese pre-built coils, but I know they exist.

I hope that helps

Persian

Jul 19, 2017
Wow, great feedback guys thank you. This is a fine forum indeed! NealBjr, this is the sort of information I was looking for. I did open up a single M2 0.15 and your right the wire is very thin. After buying a whole coil building kit "coil master" i realized how difficult it is to get what you want. I'm starting to think that people who make their own coils are true masters of this Art. Just to get the bloody thing sitting correctly on the deck was impossible for me. Quad coil build???? Lol kiss my weekend goodbye... that's madness... I could barely do duel and one coil would always light up less than the other.

I'm starting to think I should roll the dice with these Chinese clones lol if you buy a 100 it's 100 bucks and it takes forever to get but I would be set for a year. I've used vodka to clean my coils and it worked fairly well but you lose some flavor and I'm sure you can only vodka them once or twice at most!

Maybe I'm forever bound paying at least 11 bucks for a pack of five authentic M2 coils from china. I got a pack of 5x5 coming in the mail soon from fasttech. Best price I could find other than the clones. But even that costs 55 bucks for 25 authentic coils. It's not about being poor but optimizing ones expense on something that I am madly in love with. I have not smoked a cigerrete in 4 monts and I feel fantastic. I've lost 75 pounds because I can play sports again and actually breath while doing them now lol... I take my Aliens with me everywhere like a child with a blankly lol I love the flavors and I've even started buying 0mg nicotine juices because for me it was never about the nicotine, it's all about huge clouds full of flavor that is nice and cool as it hits my face. LOVE IT!
God bless the guy who invented vaping!!!!

100 M2 clones for 100 bucks! If they work I'm set... forget RBAs lol anyone order from DHgate.com? Check this link out and tell me what you think.

2016 Smok Tfv8 Baby Beast Tank Coils Head V8 Baby T8 0.15ohm T6 0.2ohm X4 0.15ohm Q2 0.4ohm M2 0.15ohm 0.25ohm Core E Cigarette Vaporizer Replacement Atomizer Coil Tank Coil From Diarymm, $0.72| Dhgate.Com

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Wow, great feedback guys thank you. This is a fine forum indeed! NealBjr, this is the sort of information I was looking for. I did open up a single M2 0.15 and your right the wire is very thin. After buying a whole coil building kit "coil master" i realized how difficult it is to get what you want. I'm starting to think that people who make their own coils are true masters of this Art. Just to get the bloody thing sitting correctly on the deck was impossible for me. Quad coil build???? Lol kiss my weekend goodbye... that's madness... I could barely do duel and one coil would always light up less than the other.

I'm starting to think I should roll the dice with these Chinese clones lol if you buy a 100 it's 100 bucks and it takes forever to get but I would be set for a year. I've used vodka to clean my coils and it worked fairly well but you lose some flavor and I'm sure you can only vodka them once or twice at most!

Maybe I'm forever bound paying at least 11 bucks for a pack of five authentic M2 coils from china. I got a pack of 5x5 coming in the mail soon from fasttech. Best price I could find other than the clones. But even that costs 55 bucks for 25 authentic coils. It's not about being poor but optimizing ones expense on something that I am madly in love with. I have not smoked a cigerrete in 4 monts and I feel fantastic. I've lost 75 pounds because I can play sports again and actually breath while doing them now lol... I take my Aliens with me everywhere like a child with a blankly lol I love the flavors and I've even started buying 0mg nicotine juices because for me it was never about the nicotine, it's all about huge clouds full of flavor that is nice and cool as it hits my face. LOVE IT!

100 M2 clones for 100 bucks! If they work I'm set... forget RBAs lol anyone order from DHgate.com? Check this link out and tell me what you think.

2016 Smok Tfv8 Baby Beast Tank Coils Head V8 Baby T8 0.15ohm T6 0.2ohm X4 0.15ohm Q2 0.4ohm M2 0.15ohm 0.25ohm Core E Cigarette Vaporizer Replacement Atomizer Coil Tank Coil From Diarymm, $0.72| Dhgate.Com

Not to worry, I've been building for a while and still wouldn't tackle a quad coil, let alone with a quad vertical. After you do it a few times the coil part should be easy, it's proper wicking that's an art.

$100 for 100 clone coils that are probably blech would pay for 2 or 3 really nice RTAs. Decide carefully.

Reactions: NealBJr

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

I would still practice and attempt to use an RTA. There are some advantages, besides being cheaper, to an RTA setup over a prebuilt coil. For one, you can tailor your build to suit the juice. I make my own juice, and I ran out of VG. I made a batch that was high PG based until my shipment of more VG came in. I normally vape a 80% VG and %20 PG, and my juices normally have an oil like consistency. Since this batch had a lot more PG, it was somewhere closer to a water consistency. It flooded the first tank I simply pulled the cotton out and rewicked it adding more cotton to the juice channels... and it's been leak free. Second is better flavor. Although prebuilt coils do have good flavor, a well built RTA will beat a prebuilt coil hands down. At work, my friend uses a baby beast/alien setup like yours. My dual coil Goblin RTA puts out more flavor (albeit less vapor) than his. He's always wanting a few hits off of mine, and always says my setup tastes better. Third, is knowlege. When you finally do get things down and start to experiment, you start to understand how the atomizer works, and what you can do to make any setup better and the ability to make "field repairs" if something goes wrong.

Of course there are some disadvantages. The time it takes for the learning curve. It is difficult at first, but it gets much easier once you've made 2-3 successful builds. The "grab and go" option is more difficult. I own about 4 goblin clones for that reason. I've seemed to settle on a .7 ohm dual coil build (two 1.4 ohm coils), and I build some that still has dry cotton in them. If one atomizer fails for whatever reason, I can just pickup another, fill, let the wick get wet, and continue. Yes, I have a backup, and a backup for the backup etc. and the last disadvantage is time. It's much quicker to replace a coil than to rewick/recoil it. most of the time I just need to replace the cotton, dry burn clean, then continue. But if you're on vacation, that could take time away from it, so that's why I usually take prebuilt coils for vacations, but with a weekend camping, I simply take two mods, two atomizers and plenty of batteries. :) I've only had to use the second atomzier once. :)

Good luck, and keep practicing with RTAs. I will say, that a dedicated RTA usually has more build space than a prebuilt setup with an RBA attachment (except in my case). If I had to make a suggestion, it would be a Griffin style atomizer. The larger deck makes building a bit easier to manage. I would stick with two coils for learning, then go to four coils when you get the hang of it.

Reactions: Eskie

Persian

Jul 19, 2017
Tell me Obiwon... which RTA to buy and what type of coil and I'll get started right away! Help!

I would still practice and attempt to use an RTA. There are some advantages, besides being cheaper, to an RTA setup over a prebuilt coil. For one, you can tailor your build to suit the juice. I make my own juice, and I ran out of VG. I made a batch that was high PG based until my shipment of more VG came in. I normally vape a 80% VG and %20 PG, and my juices normally have an oil like consistency. Since this batch had a lot more PG, it was somewhere closer to a water consistency. It flooded the first tank I simply pulled the cotton out and rewicked it adding more cotton to the juice channels... and it's been leak free. Second is better flavor. Although prebuilt coils do have good flavor, a well built RTA will beat a prebuilt coil hands down. At work, my friend uses a baby beast/alien setup like yours. My dual coil Goblin RTA puts out more flavor (albeit less vapor) than his. He's always wanting a few hits off of mine, and always says my setup tastes better. Third, is knowlege. When you finally do get things down and start to experiment, you start to understand how the atomizer works, and what you can do to make any setup better and the ability to make "field repairs" if something goes wrong.

Of course there are some disadvantages. The time it takes for the learning curve. It is difficult at first, but it gets much easier once you've made 2-3 successful builds. The "grab and go" option is more difficult. I own about 4 goblin clones for that reason. I've seemed to settle on a .7 ohm dual coil build (two 1.4 ohm coils), and I build some that still has dry cotton in them. If one atomizer fails for whatever reason, I can just pickup another, fill, let the wick get wet, and continue. Yes, I have a backup, and a backup for the backup etc. and the last disadvantage is time. It's much quicker to replace a coil than to rewick/recoil it. most of the time I just need to replace the cotton, dry burn clean, then continue. But if you're on vacation, that could take time away from it, so that's why I usually take prebuilt coils for vacations, but with a weekend camping, I simply take two mods, two atomizers and plenty of batteries. :) I've only had to use the second atomzier once. :)

Good luck, and keep practicing with RTAs. I will say, that a dedicated RTA usually has more build space than a prebuilt setup with an RBA attachment (except in my case). If I had to make a suggestion, it would be a Griffin style atomizer. The larger deck makes building a bit easier to manage. I would stick with two coils for learning, then go to four coils when you get the hang of it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Two questions:
Someone please help!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to take tank problems out of the equation and start building coils for test in a RDA, then install the coils in a tank.
I believe RDAs as a class, produce purer and more intense flavor than any other method of vaping.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/7-information-resources-for-your-first-rba.4454/
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/wrapping-building-coils-101-for-beginners.745045/

Persian

Jul 19, 2017
RDA is not even remotely on my map. To have to constantly add juice feels like we are in the 1960s. A tank is a must.

But thank you for the advice :)

Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to take tank problems out of the equation and start building coils for test in a RDA, then install the coils in a tank.
I believe RDAs as a class, produce purer and more intense flavor than any other method of vaping.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

Persian

Jul 19, 2017
OMG!!! I found my M2 buddy!!!

Aus man don't tell me it's not the best coil out there. Flavor, Cool, Low wattage, Huge clouds. Unless I can create a similar experience with an RDA I'm screwed if they stop selling these. My vaping days would be over lol

I wouldnt buy clone M2 heads. Although I know what you mean about them. They are really good for flavor. I am using them in my baby beast at 55w and I have decided my baby beast will run nothing but M2 coils now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aus11

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Tell me Obiwon... which RTA to buy and what type of coil and I'll get started right away! Help!

I have to agree with brother bob though... I would buy a dripper first to practice coil making. Not to say that you'll use it all the time, but it's good to test juice, practice coil making, and something to vape on while rebuilding your tank. After you have the coil building down, and can seat it in, your next worry would be wicking, which would requires a whole 'nother skill set. :)

I do most of my shopping online and overseas. Usually Gearbest or Fasttech. I'll hyperlink some suggestions to one of those two sites for reference. If you buy from either of those places, chances are, you'll be waiting for them for a month. It's something I'm used to.

I've mentioned the Goblin Mini as my favorite, but I wouldn't suggest that as a learning atomizer. It's got the airflow, and you could get a quad coil in if you were skilled enough, but it's way too small to make that an easy task. If done with two coils, it's moderate, great flavor, but not the biggest cloud producer.

The Zephyrus is one that I'd recommend, but it can be tricky to wick from what I've heard. I haven't tried this, but it's gotten some good reviews. The pros are it's got four air channels, to allow for your quad airflow, but the deck size might be somewhat limited. This one would take some practice to get right.

The OBS Crius is one RTA that has a separate deck option specifically for quad coil designs. This tank is large, heavy, but holds a LOT of juice. It is one of a few RTAs I know of that specifically makes a dedicated quad coil deck in an RTA. Just remember, large means heavy, but it also makes it easier to build on.

The Smok TF-RTA would probably be my first quad recommendation. Since I use the TFV4, I am familiar with their logic and quality. They offer a real good top fill option that is the only way I'll do top fill. Again, it's a 24.5mm diameter, so it'll be on the larger side.

Now, I know, This is a dripper and you prefer a tank. But this is one cloud machine that offers enough space for you to practice on for under $5. The Mutation X dripper will allow you to try different gagues/wraps/juices without having to fill 4ml of juice to find out it's not the right heat/vapor.

These are just a few suggestions. With atomizers, it can be highly subjective as to which is the best. with your demands for a quad coil, I would look at airflow vents on the atomizer and deck size to accommodate a quad coil design. Most Vapors like some heat to go with their vapes, so you're not in the "mainstream", so it'll be hard to find something that fits. I'm not in the mainstream either, liking a .7 ohm setup, but I think my suggestions might be a good start.

Reactions: Tonee N

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Drippers are out of the question like I said. I dont have the time or patience.

I've decided to go with the Pharaoh RTA. Now just got to find a place that delivers fast to cali.

That looks like it's a good single coil tank. Just be prepared to give up a lot of that vapor you're used to or get used to the heat (with ramp up) when you do blow clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread