My coils keep burning fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamblin Man

Jul 3, 2015
I just got a new eleaf Ijust 2 tank like a week ago and the first coil lasted for atleast 5 days. Which Is when I ran out of the ejuice I had and decided to try something new. now my coils don't even last one tank. I don't know if its the ejuice or if im just doing something wrong. im also using a eleaf istick 50w with this tank. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Larry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Amarillo, Texas
More information is needed here for anyone to give you a good answer. What resistance is your coil? Are you using a different resistance coil than before? What wattage are you setting your power supply at? What is the PG/VG ration of your juice? Did you switch flavors just before your coils started burning out quickly? If so, is the new juice sweeter than your previous one? Are you allowing the wicking to get thoroughly saturated before first using and are you giving it plenty of time between puffs to get re-saturated?

Gamblin Man

Jul 3, 2015
More information is needed here for anyone to give you a good answer. What resistance is your coil? Are you using a different resistance coil than before? What wattage are you setting your power supply at? What is the PG/VG ration of your juice? Did you switch flavors just before your coils started burning out quickly? If so, is the new juice sweeter than your previous one? Are you allowing the wicking to get thoroughly saturated before first using and are you giving it plenty of time between puffs to get re-saturated?

im using a .3ohm resistance coil and I do not know the pg/vg ratio of the ejuice it is no where to be found lol; I found out what the problem was for some reason this juice doesn't work good at the 50watts I was originally using so now im using it at 35-40 watts and I have yet to have a problem. Thank your attempt to assist me and sorry for not having enough information in my post. Thank you

Reactions: thetrucker

Gamblin Man

Jul 3, 2015
I suspect this is one of the negative consequences of so many mainstream mods getting higher wattage outputs - it kind of encourages some users to go for the highest available wattage even when their juice/tank combo might give better results at wattages quite a long way below the max available.
the coils in the tank I'm using suggest a max of 80watts so I assume the juice to blame

VapeNotik

Unresolved Status
Sep 23, 2013
Marietta GA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I am also assuming its a priming issue. When you load a new coil in a tank it is advisable to let the juice soak into the new coil for a few minutes(about 5-10), then take a few "air hits"(puffing on the tank without any power) to coax the juice into the coils a bit more. Then when you do hook it up to your mod start at a much lower wattage, if you're used to 35-40 watts try it at about 20 then gradually go up with each vape. This helps break in your coils instead of straining them as soon as they're loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread