my college banned smoking cigarettes and ecigs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
I understand the ban inside buildings but I don't agree with banning it outside or lumping it in with cigarettes.

Here's my suggestion. If you really feel strongly that this ban is wrong, you have an excellent opportunity to inform students and faculty the true facts about vaping through your college newspaper. Talk to the editor or someone on staff and ask them to do an article on vaping. Get information for them. Ask posters here to give you links about studies. Or you can write an op ed piece yourself.

IMO, the negativity on the part of many people when it comes to vaping is that most people don't have facts. They see it as smoking, period. It's not. Administrators constantly institute rules and regulations based on emotion rather than fact. We don't change things unless we confront and question their decisions. But we have to do it in a rational way, otherwise we're just like them.

Good luck and I hope you do something. I know you will get plenty of help from here.

element9633

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Charlotte, NC
If they ban them, I suggest doing a simple request from others. Just wait till a cold day,(when their breath shows in the air). Then politely ask them to not spread their germs and C02 in your area. C02 is a danger to our health. Which we're trying to save.

hahahha now this is great! you guys need to stop exhaling, its cold out and your breath looks like smoke. i am offended hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread