My DIY is costing me an atomozer-a-day,, at least. Getting frustrated. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

relapse

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2014
Madisonville LA
You might want to think about bypassing the Kayfun and going to a Lemo. Way better airflow control and easier to build on!

I'll look into it more when she decides to upgrade. As far as easier to build on, I think I'll be ok. After learning patience building quad coils on a horrible dripper with no post holes, nothing intimidates me now. Lol

Wruff

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2014
Vapeville, USA
^^ Yes. My 'clear' double chocolate arrived today from TFA.

Lowering the flavor content in my recipes from upwards of 18-20% totals down to 8-12% (especially where the dark flavors like coffee and dbl chocolate are involved) has really done the trick I think. This latest Caramel Macchiado Latte is delicious and has been vaping very good on the same atty for nearly 2 full days now, which is a big improvement from where I was on Tuesday when when I started.

Mixing now at % 42pg/58vg too which is also where I'm wanting it.

If this atty is still going strong this time tomorrow then I'll know that I'm zeroing in on a good balanced mix.

^^ Yes. My 'clear' double chocolate arrived today from TFA.

Lowering the flavor content in my recipes from upwards of 18-20% totals down to 8-12% (especially where the dark flavors like coffee and dbl chocolate are involved) has really done the trick I think. This latest Caramel Macchiado Latte is delicious and has been vaping very good on the same atty for nearly 2 full days now, which is a big improvement from where I was on Tuesday when when I started.

Mixing now at % 42pg/58vg too which is also where I'm wanting it.

If this atty is still going strong this time tomorrow then I'll know that I'm zeroing in on a good balanced mix.

Once some flavors have been properly steeped, they are much more pronounced.

Wruff

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2014
Vapeville, USA
This atty is still vaping strong well into its third day now with no signs of letting up. I think I'm finding my DIY groove. Did a couple more mixes last night and today at 58vg/42pg, about 10% distilled water, and no more than 13% flavor total. Insanely tasty stuff, and vapes great. :cool:

Thanks again everyone for all your feedback this week.

Last edited:

Tcar

Dec 17, 2013
North Carolina
Late comer to the party but. . . Those Kanger coils are gunk prone. Suffered through them and spent too much money on them until I got kayfuns and drippers. If you are DIYing you may as well look into rebuildables.

It's not that hard and saves cash too in the long run. Stillaire is a good dripper as is the Plum Veil and once you get a Kayfun or Orchid down you'll wonder why you ever bought store bought tanks & coils. 100 ft of kanthal and a bag of your choice of cotton will last quite a while. Hell, if you use rayon (which I don't but I know people who do), $15 will give you a lifetime supply of wicking material and if you bought a big spool of kanthal from Temco ( 1000' for under $70) you'd never have to buy the stuff again. . . I content myself with ordering it from lightningvapes with free shipping from off Amazon.

I have some RDAs set up on stainless mesh wicks for testing my DIY so I can rinse, dry burn and change flavors fast. Gotta watch out for the dry hits on mesh though. It's effing brutal.

Wruff

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2014
Vapeville, USA
Yeah, Tcar. This week I've been looking into the RBA's. Now leaning towards the Big Dripper type, since I'm out and about a lot with work and so dripping simply isn't practical for me to do. I need a good functioning tank dripper, and that Big Dripper gets relatively good reviews, and there's a great price on one at a B&M in my area.

btw, I said I was using 10% distilled water in my mix. That was a typo/brain fart. I'm actually using 3% DW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread