My DNA20 box mod project build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
did the led light when button was pressed or is it just always on.

Lit when pressed, however that's been a while. I'll be back into the same boat with my dna build and will know more then as to exactly how to wire it.

If memory serves me right, I soldered the (-) for the LED to the switch casing and case grounded everything, that way there were less wires.

I'm confusing myself so....

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Been trying to figure this out...im thinking of tapping the box so the chi you top cap screws on the box for a more secure fit dkes anyone know the thread size

Wow, I was going to attempt the exact same thing. Ground and secured at the same time.

But my taps don't go near that large and a hole is cheaper:D

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
So why is the "chi you top cap" we all have nothing like a chi you top cap? Lol. I have examined more than a few and I have not seen this top cap as anything other than a part labeled "chi you top cap". Does it just top the tube and delete the battery vent on a chi?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
So why is the "chi you top cap" we all have nothing like a chi you top cap? Lol. I have examined more than a few and I have not seen this top cap as anything other than a part labeled "chi you top cap". Does it just top the tube and delete the battery vent on a chi?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
There are authentic chi you flat tops as well. It is an "after market" top cap. It wasnt on the original mods but the cap was offered as a "option" to shrink the height of the mod for those that didnt need adjustable airflow on the 510.

Asidrave, first off great build. I am a new Vaper but a total diy guy and this is something I am totally going to do. I have just a couple questions. How/where did you use the thermal epoxy on your main board and also on your micro USB charging board. Any chance of some up close pics?

Thanks for the great write up and parts lists.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Asidrave, first off great build. I am a new Vaper but a total diy guy and this is something I am totally going to do. I have just a couple questions. How/where did you use the thermal epoxy on your main board and also on your micro USB charging board. Any chance of some up close pics?

Thanks for the great write up and parts lists.

i used the epoxy on the main chip to adhere it to the side of the box. i will take a pic and post it soon.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

KevinT

Feb 2, 2012
Montreal, Canada
First off...you got yourself one great looking mod right there! Not sure if I would have the patience to do this or not, haha.

With that said, I've been looking over your thread trying to decide if I want to give this a go or just wait 3 months on a wait list for a store bought Mod. I've searched around and one thing I cannot seem to find (call me a noob here) is the type of wiring you are using to wire everything together...and where I could purchase said wire.

An answer would be greatly obliged!

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread