Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
What other factors, other than nicotine, could he be referring to? He want to put me on meds or a patch.

He's an ignorant dinosaur who doesn't keep up with technology, and just swallows wholesale what mass media tells him without ever doing any research for himself. Time for a new doctor, who has a brain!

Andria

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
You should ask him what other factors he is referring to. There are four basic components to e-liquid, pg, vg, nicotine and flavorings. Some people have adverse reactions to pg and vg, nicotine by itself is relatively harmless, the flavorings are the big unknown. If you're super worried about it, you can stick to unflavored. If you're less worried but still somewhat concerned, avoid flavorings that contain potentially harmful ingredients, there are quite a few threads about that.

The patch is highly ineffective for most people. The meds carry their own risks.

ETA: there ARE other factors at work with vaping, They are the reason why more people can cut down/quit smoking after they start vaping, namely the physical and psychological similarities to the act of smoking that help with the habit aspect of smoking.

Last edited:

WeirdWillie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Houston, Texas
I completely disagree he is speaking like one that has never smoked.
There are other factors that contribute to the addiction, I should know I smoked for almost 30 years and have not smoked in 2.5 years so I guess that alone could make me somewhat an expert on quiting smoking. :glare:
Beyond the nicotine addiction smokers also get addicted to the act of smoking, the throat hit and the inhalation sensation is every bit as addictive this is where vaping is far more or a reliable nicotine delivery system for people who want to quit smoking, it also addresses the psychological addiction, because you are physically preforming a hand to mouth action just as you did when smoking, all of which lend to greater success of quieting smoking.

My doctor would would tend to agree I tried it all gum, patches, zyban, chantix, support groups, none, I repeat none worked for me because I loved and was addicted to the act of smoking just as much as the nicotine.
I started out vaping 36/24mg juices and now down to 6mg sometimes 12mg depending on the juice.
I'm more addicted to flavor and vapor now than I am nicotine.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
There is at least one study where they over-heated the liquid until it broke down into harmful components. I don't believe that anyone could vape anything that hot and foul, but they had machines that did the vaping, and machines don't complain. They just provide the results they are calibrated to provide.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Just out of curiosity, are there any medical studies that confirm any health hazards with vaping?

That depends on who you ask and what you consider a health hazard. Start here Clinical Research: Electronic Cigarettes

Most of the research that has found any harmful elements in the vapor has shown it to be at such small levels that it's comparable to the air outside in a city.

quinngia

Moved On
Sep 8, 2014
New York
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread