My dogs ... post yours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Don't know where the/a current open pet thread is, so I'll just leave these here. Maybe an admin can combine this post if there is a current open thread it would fit in. So I apologize ahead of time if that is the case.

Anyway ... Mason (4) and Sugar (9)

Sugar was adopted from the local shelter when she was a pup. I have NO idea what her breed mix is, if any. Heck, there may have never been a purebred dog in her pedigree LOL. Who knows. If I had to guess, I'd guess maybe some kind of (Korean) Jindo mix. That wouldn't be too far fetched. I live in an Army town with a bit of a Korean community.

Mason is a purebred and registered American Pit Bull Terrier. His bloodline is pure Colby all the way back to the first APBT's in America, top and bottom with no crosses or outs. Pure Colby. Mason is like owning a bit of history and looks much like some of the little Irish and English bull and terrier dogs that arrived with immigrants in the late 1800's.

Both Mason and Sugar are great friends and companions. To me, they are family. They're both house dogs and get along great with each other.

DSC09394_zpsrzrnr5p2.jpg

DSC04680_zpskiu2d2fm.jpg

DSC09262_zpsway3y71s.jpg

IMG_8375_zpsey4xrc31.jpg

DSC05748_zps8wss1ohl.jpg

DSC09794_zpsu3gsq6hx.jpg

DSC09756_zpshmusytqj.jpg

DSC06965_zps2ksjqtvb.jpg

... and me

09582_zpsmjv2y5hg.jpg

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
11024197_10204519823929031_8382623570950494391_o_zps4tndfdsq.jpg

12095067_10205940835653436_4358564471317590153_o_zps5wil8xhi.jpg

Don't know where the/a current open pet thread is, so I'll just leave these here. Maybe an admin can combine this post if there is a current open thread it would fit in. So I apologize ahead of time if that is the case.

Anyway ... Mason (4) and Sugar (9)

Sugar was adopted from the local shelter when she was a pup. I have NO idea what her breed mix is, if any. Heck, there may have never been a purebred dog in her pedigree LOL. Who knows. If I had to guess, I'd guess maybe some kind of (Korean) Jindo mix. That wouldn't be too far fetched. I live in an Army town with a bit of a Korean community.

Mason is a purebred and registered American Pit Bull Terrier. His bloodline is pure Colby all the way back to the first APBT's in America, top and bottom with no crosses or outs. Pure Colby. Mason is like owning a bit of history and looks much like some of the little Irish and English bull and terrier dogs that arrived with immigrants in the late 1800's.

Both Mason and Sugar are great friends and companions. To me, they are family. They're both house dogs and get along great with each other.

DSC09394_zpsrzrnr5p2.jpg

DSC04680_zpskiu2d2fm.jpg

DSC09262_zpsway3y71s.jpg

IMG_8375_zpsey4xrc31.jpg

DSC05748_zps8wss1ohl.jpg

DSC09794_zpsu3gsq6hx.jpg

DSC09756_zpshmusytqj.jpg

DSC06965_zps2ksjqtvb.jpg

... and me

09582_zpsmjv2y5hg.jpg

Beautiful dogs!!!

I love this thread!!

5d8202a7-2357-4fb8-bf5a-f8a9a44f8b65_zpsqkkopogm.jpg

This right here is my baby, Shadow. His nicknames are Rowrow, Furry Prince, little gentleman, Shadow Man, and my bosom.
He is the love of my life. My entire support system. My reason for living. My best friend. The most important thing in my life.

227393_10150258345767848_5961245_n_zpsx6gdknmu.jpg

Our story begins in my 2nd year of college. I was dealing with some real emotional issues. My entire network of friends not only disowned me, but sabotaged my scholarships with the school. They kicked me out of the apartment and blamed me for the contraband school security found while I was moving out. The only thing I did wrong was I stopped throwing raging parties and buying things for people. Nothing the school security found belonged to me. To make matters worse, I had been playing the new Pokemon Black game and finished the Pokedex. I had all my Pokemon since 1996 moved onto that game, and my limited edition DS and all my Pokemon games were stolen. I know they are just virtual pets, but I really had bonded with them and felt like they were my best friends. I was throwing myself into my classes to distract myself from my lack of social life, but I wasnt making the grades. One day, I was studying hard in my bikini, sunbathing outside my dorm. My friend Kelsey was with me. ( I had only 2 friends that stayed with me at this point. And they were being tortured by our old friends. ) I suddenly get a text from my other friend Sam that said in all caps 'PICK UP THE PHONE'. Then she called, and I picked up. She told me that she saw a puppy outside of the astronomy building. I scream over the phone and take off, wearing nothing but my bikini, booking it across campus.
When I get to the astronomy building I see a group of other students sitting on the floor in a circle. I assumed that was where the puppy was. I was still running, and then I see this tiny, bald puppy dog with huge floppy ears sprinting towards me. Shadow jumped into my arms, and I never let him go!

fc9d8695-f696-40be-9f48-2961c5756a60_zpsqjr3lcwa.jpg

A teacher had found him on her ranch at the edge of a lake. He was really malnourished, and had terrible mange. He was covered in thousands of ticks. The teacher saw our connection and when I promised her I would take him to the vet and finish his mange treatments she gave him to me right away. Thing is, I had to move back into the dorms. She gave him to me with the thought he would be living with my boyfriend, who lived off campus. But no, I got a small kennel and kept him in my dorm room.

ad6a75ef-5937-4e5e-8863-477f7514365a_zps9wcnx9c9.jpg

I washed him in the sink in my room, and brushed his fur until all the dead skin and mange was gone. Then I proceeded to pluck every single one of the ticks off of him. You have to take a pair of tweezers and grab the tick right where the head is dug into the skin, then hold down and pull lightly so that the tick lets go by itself. If you just pluck them off the head stays dug in and gets infected. It took me all day and night, but then it was over. I never made him stay in my room, he came with me to classes and the library. My RA never found out I was keeping him in the room.

IMAG0793_zpsnqyj1zxt.jpg

I had just had all the people I thought were my close friends turn really malicious really suddenly because I stopped providing entertainment for them. I felt like I was all used up, empty. Shadow just filled me up so much I couldnt stop smiling for months. I can't look at him and not smile. He is so well behaved, and I miss him so much when I'm not with him. Im considering getting him service pet certified because he does start to react when I experience an emotional meltdown, or my OCD starts going haywire. He is also really good at reading peoples energy, and if he meets someone who is just looking to use me or exploit me he gets really possessive. And when he meets someone who is happy to see me and is honest with me he lets them get close and doesnt try to defend me.

c44814eb-9fe8-4a1c-a8de-2bb3a0a15358_zpsok34mktj.jpg

Sorry for the super long post, but I daggon love him so much it makes me wanna cry. <3

d1e55b68-ee43-4d82-b351-be10fc72c49f_zpsompqzdrl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread