Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Through the woods at Gates Pond in Berlin Mass with Midnight yesterday.
Found a glacial erratic on a hill and that log dog pic is just weird.
The solar farm is near the end of the trails and it was time to go.
Skeeters get ugly near sundown and that's a mile from the car.

dog woods.jpg

Log dog.jpg

Glatial erratic Gates.jpg

Midnight at solar farm.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't have a dog, unfortunately, though my husband does (but, it's really his dog). I am in the mood for a puppy, once I get good and healthy and have more energy. I need to do that before the husband's dog bites the dust, as my husband and dogs seem to have some sort of weird mind-meld or something. I'm also going to have to ask him to act a little less dominant.

I do have my kiddo's dog, who's my favorite dog I ever met. She's super cool, he adopted her the day before she was due to be euthanized, and she was a homeless person's dog and she's So Sweet when her PTSD is not activated, LOL. I adore her because she's super smart, very precious, and I know she'd die for the kid if necessary, in fact we share a lot in common, she used to come smoke with me in the Arizona room back when I was smoking (and the kid's back was turned) but I think she enjoys vape Scents. Any time I arrive she jumps on top of me, licks my ears, then sneezes in my face, it's something of a ritual, and she definitely has a home with me if anything ever happens (oh, I hope not) but this dog is really special to me, and her manners have consistently improved over time, but she'd still chomp your arm off under the right circumstances. She is very clever and crafty, and I don't know why but having had so many pets with the kid... I have come to love dogs. Definitely time to adopt a puppy, as I have found, over the years with the kid, that adult rescue pets are a lot more difficult and I'll admit I want to behaviorally train my dog like crazy, but I'd like a fairly clean slate to start with. Here she is: Snickers:

cO99rdi.jpg

Anna

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I don't have a dog, unfortunately, though my husband does (but, it's really his dog). I am in the mood for a puppy, once I get good and healthy and have more energy. I need to do that before the husband's dog bites the dust, as my husband and dogs seem to have some sort of weird mind-meld or something. I'm also going to have to ask him to act a little less dominant.

I do have my kiddo's dog, who's my favorite dog I ever met. She's super cool, he adopted her the day before she was due to be euthanized, and she was a homeless person's dog and she's So Sweet when her PTSD is not activated, LOL. I adore her because she's super smart, very precious, and I know she'd die for the kid if necessary, in fact we share a lot in common, she used to come smoke with me in the Arizona room back when I was smoking (and the kid's back was turned) but I think she enjoys vape Scents. Any time I arrive she jumps on top of me, licks my ears, then sneezes in my face, it's something of a ritual, and she definitely has a home with me if anything ever happens (oh, I hope not) but this dog is really special to me, and her manners have consistently improved over time, but she'd still chomp your arm off under the right circumstances. She is very clever and crafty, and I don't know why but having had so many pets with the kid... I have come to love dogs. Definitely time to adopt a puppy, as I have found, over the years with the kid, that adult rescue pets are a lot more difficult and I'll admit I want to behaviorally train my dog like crazy, but I'd like a fairly clean slate to start with. Here she is: Snickers:

cO99rdi.jpg

Anna
She is beautiful! Those eyes speak to you!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

I do have my kiddo's dog, who's my favorite dog I ever met. She's super cool, he adopted her the day before she was due to be euthanized, and she was a homeless person's dog and she's So Sweet when her PTSD is not activated, LOL. I adore her because she's super smart, very precious, and I know she'd die for the kid if necessary, in fact we share a lot in common, she used to come smoke with me in the Arizona room back when I was smoking (and the kid's back was turned) but I think she enjoys Vape Scents. Any time I arrive she jumps on top of me, licks my ears, then sneezes in my face, it's something of a ritual, and she definitely has a home with me if anything ever happens (oh, I hope not) but this dog is really special to me, and her manners have consistently improved over time, but she'd still chomp your arm off under the right circumstances. She is very clever and crafty, and I don't know why but having had so many pets with the kid... I have come to love dogs. Definitely time to adopt a puppy, as I have found, over the years with the kid, that adult rescue pets are a lot more difficult and I'll admit I want to behaviorally train my dog like crazy, but I'd like a fairly clean slate to start with. Here she is: Snickers:

cO99rdi.jpg

Anna
One tactic might be to get a super girlie dog like a miniature poodle. They’re actually pretty good dogs. Just take it to the groomer and have it done up lik a lollipop ( they can actually dye em pink). and your hubby won’t want anything to do with it. The dog won’t know a thing, and once it binds to you you can let go of the drop froo-froo and let it turn into a dust mop. Or not. They look pretty good with mowhawks

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My husband's dog will steal whatever food he can find. He was pretty feral when we got him, he'd been out in the desert for 2 years.... He was UN housetrainable (we tried everything) chewed my shoes repetitively (the last pair, after I had kicked them off on the couch, WHILE I was sitting on it, right underneath my feet. That was when I decided he might do best as an outside dog... LOL.

He used to catch birds by laying out a trail of his dogfood to lure them in-- very crafty. He's come a long way, though, he'll let birds SHARE his food now without eating them.

Unless they are baby quail... which hatch out of the ground.... he ate about 15 of them once, sigh, they were these TINY things with a puff of little feathers :( they appear to be a Delicacy of the Desert, though... Poor mommy quail cried for days, it was tragic.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread