My experience thus far with White Cloud Cirrus 3 model

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
(For reference, I have been a pack a day smoker for ~35 years - regardless of brand, it always seemed to end up a pack a day. I am also not someone trying to quit smoking.)

My daughter gifted me the ~$300 Weekender kit from White Cloud in their Cirrus 3 model for Christmas. I have been very impressed and happy with it, and they have lived up to every claim they made on their site: high quality equipment, battery life about 12 hours each battery, each cartomizer about equal to 2 packs, no need for priming puffs, super easy to use and very easy to get used to - very like an analog cigarette in the experience. I used it along with the 2 cartons of Cheyenne vanilla little cigars I had on hand at the time of receipt, interchanging vaping and smoking as I pleased. I also ordered 6 more packs of 5 cartomizers for ~$85 (with a discount code), getting about 4 each of all their available flavors in regular and X strength (that one's about 18%/18mg nicotine, and the strength I have settled on for now), and about 1 each of the XX ones, so I could find out what I liked most. As I pay ~$17 a carton for "little cigars" (due to the difference in taxes), and the WC cartos are ~$17 for the equivalent in satisfaction, I am not going to save any money with my current setup.

The biggest marketing error that White Cloud made with me was a failure to send me any email coupons or specials notices, which led me to a Google search for coupon codes when I needed to reorder, which led me here, and has caused me to spend a LOT of time reading around this forum. I still felt satisfied enough with my Cirrus, however, to go ahead order another 6 carto packs. I also ordered a battery and two carto packs from Magic Mist (currently having a half price battery sale) to have something to compare.

----------------
well - that's all of about 5 times as much that was recovered from autosave. For some reason, I was no longer logged in when I went to post, and I am more than annoyed. (the first try from my Kindle Fire lost the whole thing) *sigh* If there is any record of all that I typed at the forum's end of this connection, I would be grateful if someone with access would post it. I doubt it though. If not, I'll probably say the rest over time...
-----------------

All in all, the White Cloud Cirrus does what it says and does it very well. It is however, very expensive compared to some other cigarette-alike choices available as starter kits (some of which fail to convert their users). It is not simply a rebranded KR808D-1, though it is similar and compatible.

Looking forward to recharging my empty WC cartos with some more exciting flavors as the next step in my journey.

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
AH, what I did not yet tell you, as it got lost, and I thought it was there...

I decided to give up tobacco for Lent. You see, the Cirrus was so easy, and so fun, and so satisfying, and so reliable, and so many other positive adjectives, that it was essentially painless after 6 weeks of mixed use to contemplate 6 weeks of solely vaping, and so far so good. I vaguely hope that if I try another tobacco cigarette, come Easter, that I'll hate it. There's the way to painlessly quit - no willpower, no deprivation, just simply finding a better 'brand'. LOL.

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
WOW, I hate to tell you this but for less than $300 you could have gotten either one of the two top rated models in the world, the Darwin or Provari.
While I have absolutely no doubt that that is true, I also wonder how likely I would have been to keep one of those hung around my neck on a lanyard 24/7 for ease of access, and how likely I would have been to use them easily straight out of the box without having to read any directions (though, being me, I did read the minimal, mostly obvious, directions), and how likely I would have been to haul them off to work with me and slip them in my back pocket and pass easily through the metal detector at security and out to break, and... well you get the idea. Once one is initiated into the wonderful world of vaping, I'm sure these models are to die for, but there really is a place for the just-like-a-cigarette type of introduction - at least until vaping is widely practiced and is generally known to exist. I think a keychain model is what I most want next - but then a Minox B spy camera was my favorite camera ever, and I like a 10" laptop far more than a 17"er.

I think the best advice might be what just-like-a-cigarette starter kit with long use-life of the battery and cartomizer (carto for ease of use), that is reliable and easy to use and not disgusting or strange in flavor (for a just-might-quit smoker) would someone recommend instead? I think the point is to start, not to find the end before the journey is begun. I suspect, for the state of the world as it is now, that trying to start with a mod and dripping would only result in a lack of conversion...

Last edited:

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
Bottom line, the problem I'm having reading this forum, is that I'm not finding any recommendations for just-like-a-cigarette starter kits that people seem generally happy with. Mostly I've seen a lot of complaints about the batteries only lasting a couple hours, and I see that the kits come with charging 'packs', and I'm seeing complaints about the cartos getting burnt (which my cartos have not despite being repeatedly vaped over a few weeks until dry - as recommended by White Cloud - as I disassembled a dry one to check) and when I compare to the Magic Mist ones I bought, those crackle, unlike the WC, and those stop satisfying before the vapor stops, unlike the WC, and those don't 'recharge' with a rest, unlike the WC, and the inside of the WC seemed significantly different when disassembled than the pictures of the burnt ones...

I have not been able to tell which parts of my like-a-cig vaper experience is because it is a White Cloud and what is because those complaints are two years old and what I have IS the current state of the art in comparable starter kits.

Last edited:

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
And I really would like to hear of alternatives that are super-easy for a newbie, because I have a friend that I would like to recommend a great start to, and reading the other newbie thread "KGo kit arrived but have questions" just now drove home to me that though some models may be better in the end, they may not be in the beginning. Did I do OK to suggest Vapor4Life to her, or is there a better starter suggestion that is super-easy to use?

Last edited:

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
There's learning curve sure but it's really not that difficult to get a hang of if someone WANTS to make it work. Besides, everything makes so much more sense when it's actually in your hands for example with the eGo. It seemed intimidating reading about it online but it was easy as pie(for the most part, after adjusting) after a couple days.

From my experience most people aren't happy with "cigarette look-a likes" or as you call them "just-like-a-cigarette-starter-kits" Most people who have a very bad image of going electronic got it from one of those look a likes according to the many people I've talked to from vaping in public.

I'm glad White Cloud is working for you but when those batteries die hopefully ECF can help you find a more cost friendly alternative.

Newcomers don't waste your money on White Cloud!!!! For the love of god. Don't. There are other alternatives that are under 50$ that can last 12 hours a charge.

Vapor 4 Life does seem to have a good reputation around here. If someone is a heavy smoker I always recommend a fatt batt like Kgo, eGo, ect.

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
I thank you for your reply. My friend is a light smoker, and said she wanted something like what I have when I started to tell her about the other, possibly better choices, I had read about here. However, I also think my daughter may have overspent, unless there aren't other lightweight, easy to use, kits that have a good battery life. The many kits that included passthroughs and portable charging cases made me wonder, though my generic KR808D-1 did last several hours, so maybe those 'couple hour' complaints are old news. I also wonder if anything has changed since the burnt carto threads.

This is a huge forum, and it is hard to distill the info down into a 'good place to start'. I would have thought that a Kgo with cartos would have been almost as easy, but apparently not so easy as the cartos are not prefilled... So I would say prefilled cartos are a requirement for a newbie with nobody to help with hands on or very good instructions. Hard to know what 'burnt' tastes like if you've never tasted any vapor before, for example. Hard to know how wet is wet, etc.

Seems like the blu disposables are doing a good job at gaining converts... Not very upgradable or expandable, though, and the blu kits seem to be doing very badly at the same job. (basing all this on reading here, though, so who can tell for sure).

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
Most people who have a very bad image of going electronic got it from one of those look a likes according to the many people I've talked to from vaping in public.
Can you tell me more about this or direct me to a prior discussion? And yes, I am hopeful ECF can point me to other, better, choices. I am wondering though if WC just might have the best KR808D-1 cartos available, as folks were claiming to want back when... Or are their improvements standard now? *waits for a KR808D-1 afficionado to chime in*

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Bottom line, the problem I'm having reading this forum, is that I'm not finding any recommendations for just-like-a-cigarette starter kits that people seem generally happy with.
When you look around a bit more you'll see such recommendations for the Smokeless Image Volt.
Which is the same as the Bloog MaxxFusion and the Halo G6 models.

As far as I know, those are the most respected cigarette-like models these days.

As for losing your posts by getting logged out, when you log in make sure to check the box to stay logged in.
Then you'll never have that problem again.
:)

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
Can you tell me more about this or direct me to a prior discussion? And yes, I am hopeful ECF can point me to other, better, choices. I am wondering though if WC just might have the best KR808D-1 cartos available, as folks were claiming to want back when... Or are their improvements standard now? *waits for a KR808D-1 afficionado to chime in*

I was speaking from personal experience not necessarily discussions on the forum however I'm sure the issue has come up. Many times when I vape in public and say "Why yes, I am using one of those electronic ones" people sometimes reply "Those don't work I tried it, they suck" eloquent I know... So I ask "Well did you get it from a gas station/tobacco shop/mall?" "Yes I did" they typically reply and "that would be why" is how it tends to go.

Personally, I use 510 threading and have since beginning. I also ditched the cartridges(carts) soon after. I use blank cartomizers(cartos) and fill with my own juice. I'm sure someone who knows about 808 threading will chime in no time though! If not right now, perhaps by morning.

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
When you look around a bit more you'll see such recommendations for the Smokeless Image Volt.
Which is the same as the Bloog MaxxFusion and the Halo G6 models.

As far as I know, those are the most respected cigarette-like models these days.

As for losing your posts by getting logged out, when you log in make sure to check the box to stay logged in.
Then you'll never have that problem again.
:)
Thank you very much for the logging in hint.

Re the Volt, et al, thank you for that, too. It seemed to me that I kept coming back to the KR808D-1 types as being the ones where folks were happiest with the flavors available in the prefilled cartos as I thought to myself how lucky it was my Cirrus was compatible with that and not the 510's that folks seemed to be liking for having good attys. I'm fairly sure I'll prefer cartos whether I fill them myself or buy prefilled. I shall take a look at the Volt-types and see what's to see in current news on behalf of my friend. (Though I can't help but think of the advantages if our kits are compatible...).

Last edited:

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
Many times when I vape in public and say "Why yes, I am using one of those electronic ones" people sometimes reply "Those don't work I tried it, they suck" eloquent I know... So I ask "Well did you get it from a gas station/tobacco shop/mall?" "Yes I did" they typically reply and "that would be why" is how it tends to go.
And yes, that is the impression I have gotten from this forum about many of these available starter kits, which has not been my experience with the White Cloud, and I am hoping not the experience of someone with some other much-like-an-analog type, but far less expensive one. I would like to be able to recommend something simple, familiar, and affordable. The sheer lack of former White Cloud users complaining about it not working on this forum sort of speaks for itself, IMHO. But comparing $300 to $60 (roughly on average) makes me think there must be a better choice. I just don't want my friend to have a bad or frustrating experience and to fail. I'd love to have a few trusted answers for a starting place I could suggest to other curious folk without having to explain carts and attys vs cartos and voltages and manual vs auto and all the rest of it. I think all the rest can come after that first successful experience, as it has for me.

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
By the way, does Hoosier ecigs have a storefront, and where is it? That might be a good choice for me to suggest as I am in Indiana... I was kind of sad to see I missed a vape-together opportunity, and I might have been able to give Rave (I think) a ride as I too live about 45 miles west of Indy....

Ah, I expect I've posted enough, I could talk in the hoosier forum now... :)

Last edited:

P.R.G.

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
Personally, I use 510 threading and have since beginning. I also ditched the cartridges(carts) soon after. I use blank cartomizers(cartos) and fill with my own juice.
Are there any brands of prefilled (and perhaps refillable) cartos you would recommend for 510 threading? Is the Volt 510 to your knowledge. Are the Kgo and eGo 510?

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
Are there any brands of prefilled (and perhaps refillable) cartos you would recommend for 510 threading? Is the Volt 510 to your knowledge. Are the Kgo and eGo 510?

Kgo and eGo are both 510. Refillable/Blank regular single coil cartomizers I prefer are Boge brand. Duel Coil cartomizers made by Smoketech are said to be excellent and from my experience with them appeared to be. As DC2 said not much help to give on pre-filled cartomizers or the like but there are many many juice vendors to pick from ;)

Mister-E-Liquid.com How I love thee. I really am just a total fan girl of them at this point.

*buries head in sand for being a fan girl*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread