Status
Not open for further replies.

John Edwards

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Tunnell Hill, GA
the purpose of this particular post is to convey just a few things about the new eGo T tank system that i find interesting and hopefully helpful to those who are thinking about getting one, and to share MY experience with it.
theres a few aspects that i havnt really heard mentioned very much in other vids and reveiws so im really kind of aiming to enlighten the person whose already watched like twelve different reveiws of it
and of course all this is just my opinion and tastes are subjective and blah blah blah
ok then..

1)i just want to say that if you are tired of havin to carry a tacklebox with you just to go to the store and back, this might be good for you (not sayin that i dont like having a mothership full of stock, but i really prefer to keep most of that at home other than what i need for the day)

2)if you cant even go to your sisters wedding without having a cleaning rag hanging out of your back pocket, this might be good for you (im wearing my "vaping shirt" that i made because i got tired of ruining the bottoms of my shirts from wiping down flooded attys. only now im just sporting its battlescars)

3)if you like mixing flavors alot, this might be good for you (take empty tank cart. put a little of this in it, a little bit of that in it, add a little bit more of this in it..cap it up. shake it up real good and BAM! that was so much easier than having to make a whole bottle of somthing.) ive found myself doin this ALOT more than i had expected. which, im enjoying cuz it adds a new dimention to diy. especially if its like a combo i just feel like doin right now and dont really see the need in makin up a batch of it. however, in the future i could see myself using this method for tweaking flavors that im currently working on, finding the perfect ratios before deciding to mix 60 ML of it

4)if you just want to cuddle with your significant other, and actually get thru an entire movie without having to get up 10 times to top off carts/cartos, this might be good for you (it kills the mood) i would also go as far as to say that most of us just want to be able to "sit and vape" because it gives more of that Oral fixation they talk about...:evil::closedeyes::evil:

5)if you want a consistant self feeding setup, this might be for you(still havnt seen a tank atty cross/sectioned but theres a link for one floating around here somewere. all i can say right now is its consistancy is wonderful and however it does it, it does it very well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i got my tank order like 2 days ago. only reason i made this post was bcuz its just been such an awesome order but also i kinda see this as an important milestone in vaping and just felt compelled to contribute my experience to those looking into getting one. it was rad cuz i was just stopping at my house for a sec to pick up some things before taking a weekend road trip and so my girl was waiting patiently in the car. wen i went inside i thought id very quickly track my order (even though i wasnt expecting it till i got back in town) and to my surprise it said that it was in town and out for delivery right then. i grabbed my bag and locked the house. jumped over the porch railing, and bolted to the driveway. i took a slide across the hood of the car while my girl sat in the driver seat, re-evaluating our relationship, then ran like the dork that i am all the way to the mailbox to get my order. when i finally got back in the car she laughed at me and then we left. mines the TW version and i got it in 2 days so i was happy there. as far as simplisity goes,i first opened it as we were pulling out of the driveway, then filled some juice and assembled it before we had even pulled out of the neighborhood. and for the rest of that first day i vaped like a dragon while she drove and it was great.
now as far as my personal opinion goes, i have run into one issue but the benefits still totally outweigh it. ok, to me, flavor and throathit are seeming diminished, which it could just not be broken in yet, but after 2 solid days it seems fairly the same. i have a feeling this could also just be an illusion, because im still used to dripping. you have to take into account what juices to use of course but it vapes fine in upwards of 50% BUT im still having to go back as close as i can to 100% PG to reclaim my TH. ive heard from some reveiws that ppl are finding that they can actully vape 18 mg satifactorily wen they were having to use 24 and 30. although i really hope that comes in time IMO ive found this to be opposite so far. and in a few cases i actually raised the nic level in my juices to accomodate but just by a tad bit. that part really didnt bother me but i can see how it could to some ppl. but again, this might just be bcuz its brand new and given some more time it'll probably even out a bit.

if i could breifly describe the way it "feels" IMO its like a slightly more airy draw with a taste comparable to that of using an eGo Mega cartomiser thats been freshly filled. which to me has just a hint of a plastic taste but the flavor still arrives perfectly balanced. although consistency is met with every hit, i feel a compulsion to take one or two primer puffs regardless. just seems better that way imo

i also wanna say that as revolutionary as this is i really dont think anything is going to come along any time soon that can surpass the flavor bursts of dripping. therefore as annoying as rags and tacklebox's can be at times, dripping will always have its place with any seasoned vaper. im sure im still gonna hook on a standard 510 atty and drip whenever i feel like it but this is DEFINATELY my new "go to" method for using my eGo and for vaping in general. now will the eGo T take the place of filler cartridges? oh hell yeh! cartomisers? depends on your style. other tank mods? again, it depends on your style. me personally, for here on out im gonna be taking a zipper pouch with me for the day with an extra bat and an assortment of like 5 tanks that i refilled at home. wen im out and about i can still change flavors wen i wanna. and just incase i get lost at sea or somthing, id still be good for days. yet the tacklebox will be stayin on the shelf. idealistically, one day id like to have a ProVari with an extension to fix it onto and then every time i put in a new tank cart i can just dial in the best voltage for that particular juice, thats my dream vape right there. in the meantime, i'll occasionally put it on my 5V pass thru
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lastly incase you cant find anything on tips or tricks on using your new eGo t, basically your gonna want to draw on it about like how you normally would, but i use a good primer puff each time i go to take a hit. you dont necessarilly have to do that EVERY time, but that seems to help in vapor and the fullness of flavor department. i think of it as if i was vaping on an automatic bat i geuss.. also i periodically twirl it around in my hand, letting it have some vertical and horizontal time, and im assuming that it helps in wicking. although on its own, it never seems to have a problem with feeding. if youve read this far and you already OWN a eGo T, comments regarding tips and tricks of use would be great on this thread, becuz right now this model is still kinda new to all of us

final thought: any mention of the loss of TH and flavor in this post is subjective, and the more i vape on this thing, the more it seems like all that might've just been an illusion anyway. perhaps it was the contrast of going straight from dripping to using the ego t. therefore i needed to get broken in to using it too, ya know. bcuz for like the past hour ive just had like the best vaping session ive had yet on this thing and its been one great th/flavor balance right after the next. over and over.. gradually making me regret having felt that way.
yep. i give it a 10. a straight damn 10:laugh:

Pur3Rush

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Somebody please post more reviews on this. I am a new vaper and have an ego and am still using regular 510 carts and atty's. i can't decide if I should get mega ego cartos or if i should get this ego tank system. I just want something guaranteed to work and not drip crap in my mouth. I also don't want to keep filling the ....... up every 15 minutes. I'm about to buy some mega batteries and have too many options. Thanks for this review. Most reviews talk briefly about the product, then 5 minutes of some guy or gal vaping away. I can vape when i get. Tell me how the hell it works and what my options are compared to other products on the market. I keep saying somebody should make an ego specific sticky with all the pros and cons of carts, mega carts, cartos, attys , mega attys, tank system, etc etc. I hate being in the dark searching the internet abyss for information that I can't seem to find.

Sorry about that. End rant...

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
OK - I have had mine since Friday and after a few pointers LOVE it. Will never go back. I have tried Boge cartos, offbrand cartos, carts, dripping, bottom feeders etc. and other the the guenine joye cartos (regular Joye 510 batt) have liked NOTHING as much as this. For @ $20 to "try" them - I think it would be worth a shot. That is my opinion but that is what you were asking for. A Joye distributor said as far as the wicking issues (juice too thick) to add one drop of Vodka or grain alcohol to thin in a little. Another post said you can take a needle and do this small little mod to make it wick better - i tried it and it worked (taking a chance at ruining the atty but I was careful).

I am hooked unless they come out with a mega then I will buy that:)

Hope this helps.

Also here is a thread specifically for these (lengthy but worth reading IMO) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/139915-new-ego-tank-system.html

John Edwards

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Tunnell Hill, GA
all in all i think the tank is definately the way to go and if i ever find a gripe about it, im sure the benefits will totally outweigh it anyway. to pur3Rush, i know what you mean. and in addition to that the vids nearly always start out with some horrible intro song with the volume all the way up, followed by a very low volume on the dude wen hes talking. then after they beat around the bush for a bit, they get real vague in their descriptions. just my opinion on most. ive thought about doin reveiws, maybe ill start doin it, idk, but if i did, my aim would be to be direct and straight to the point. and id try to talk about the abstract qualties of the product. like, the stuff that nobody else thought to mention about it (just to give a good example of what its like to use the product). idk, but anyway, i would highly recomend going tank style in a sea of options. btw, i know exactly wat your sayin bcuz ive been tryin to make a juice order for like 3 days now and i just cant decide what i want to get, bcuz i know im real interestd in tryin some of vaperites organic stuff and ive also been dyin to try the bobas and all the stuff from AVEjuice, but theres just SO MANY different choices. which is good! im glad weve got it like that with vaping, but since those are all VG liquids im still on the fence about it (bcuz of using tanks)

John Edwards

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Tunnell Hill, GA
about what i was sayin above, one more thing i want to add is that in contrast, there are some really good reveiwers out there. ive always liked grimm greens stuff. ive been watchin his stuff since i started vaping, and made a lot of informed decisions from watching his vids. also been watching a lot of Basilray's vids lately. just thought i mightve sounded like i thought ALL reveiwers were bad. theres definately a few tho :)

Pur3Rush

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
about what i was sayin above, one more thing i want to add is that in contrast, there are some really good reveiwers out there. ive always liked grimm greens stuff. ive been watchin his stuff since i started vaping, and made a lot of informed decisions from watching his vids. also been watching a lot of Basilray's vids lately. just thought i mightve sounded like i thought ALL reveiwers were bad. theres definately a few tho :)

I have been hunting around and cozzins* or something like that has a good ego t review. I think I'm going to go that route. It has about 95% positive reviews so I'll spring for it. It's just so dog gone expensive for one atomizer! Plus if it dies on you super soon you gotta spend more money. I guess I've gotten spoiled from saving so much money from not smoking! What do you guys think about the mega cart and atty? It it holds more juice, then you shouldn't have to fill up as often right? Maybe a backup for the ego-T? As far as juice, I have been vaping about a month and I started with vaporbomb.com , and honestly it is soooo good, I haven't tried any other places. The prices are awesome, customer service awesome, and shipping awesome. I really can't complain. Every other (great) eliquid place charges way to much in my opinion. I can't force myself to pay $23.00 for a 30ml :?: So I just stick to vaporbomb.com :vapor:

John Edwards

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Tunnell Hill, GA
I have been hunting around and cozzins* or something like that has a good ego t review. I think I'm going to go that route. It has about 95% positive reviews so I'll spring for it. It's just so dog gone expensive for one atomizer! Plus if it dies on you super soon you gotta spend more money. I guess I've gotten spoiled from saving so much money from not smoking! What do you guys think about the mega cart and atty? It it holds more juice, then you shouldn't have to fill up as often right? Maybe a backup for the ego-T? As far as juice, I have been vaping about a month and I started with vaporbomb.com , and honestly it is soooo good, I haven't tried any other places. The prices are awesome, customer service awesome, and shipping awesome. I really can't complain. Every other (great) eliquid place charges way to much in my opinion. I can't force myself to pay $23.00 for a 30ml :?: So I just stick to vaporbomb.com :vapor:
wow what u just said was so ironic because i firststarted with vaporbomb too and i just actually ordered a LR megga atty last night with my vaperite order (had to try some of those organic juices)
1)vaporbomb: the first liquid vendor i ever tried, i was also realy impressd with th service and everything. i got like 10 dif things and i realy liked most of them, i absolutely hated virginia tho, it tasted just like bell peppers. however i LOVED the strwbry waffles w/ cream, caramel apple, and redbomb. wasnt thrilled on their tobacs. i thought about just stayin with them but i realy wanted to explore all the dif stuff out there so that was the only order i ever made from tyhem. still trying to not ever pay more than 65-75 cents/ML (like 7 bucks/10 ML, but occasionaly ill go out on a limb and pay the extra money just to try somthin new that everyones ravin about, like theat vaperite order. im sure those juices are gonna be as good as everyone say, but honestly, im probly not gonna be able to afford doin that again nomatter how good it is (15 somthin for 18 ML) but also i must say tho, that since i left vaporbomb untill now ive mostly done DIY cuz ive made some great .... that i can vape all day for cheap. tell u what tho, sometimes i get down on those $10.95/ 50ML Dekang from madvapes. u cant beat that.

2)mega attys/cartos: ok ive tried both of these on my tornado several times (reg, and LR) and their awesome, which is why i got another joye LR mega atty last night (backup for my tanks, and also since i probly wont be able to use all my vaperite stuff in them bcuz their probly gonna be real thick.) as far as holding more like u said, ok the joye mega cartridges for those actually hold 2.5 i beleive but im not sure (but cartridges are gay, and arent worth the trouble no matter wat u use IMO) dripping on these attys is perfect, they perform perfect, they last a good month IMO if u treat em with love and keep em wet....uh yeh.. anyway, and now the LR ones, although a little more delicate, possibly a shorter lifespan, but everybit worth it. some people complain that they get to hot or watever, but thats what their SUPPOSED to do, theyve gotta stay wet so the heat can work FOR you. with those throw like 4 maybe even 5 drops in and get down. IMO that also means i dont have to take such long drags cuz for me, i kinda dislike how it feels/looks wen u have to hold a pv to your lips for 5 sec. that takes away from the oral fixation a bit i think ya know. but anyway thats no biggie at all just a thought. last thing, as far as mega cartos, they work fine, but i really prefer the standard size on those bcuz the big ones have a lot more of a plastic taste.

DesiG

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Rochester NY
I have used a magma with carts, a puresmoker V3 (still use this one) and the Inferno with cartomizers, clearomizers, and now with the tanks, and have an eGo-T from Cignot. I love my tanks!
Volcano is a nice vendor to order hardware from (not so sure on the juices, they were expensive and I didn't like the taste) and Vicki at Cignot is awesome.
Both my Inferno and eGo tanks produce plenty of flavor, good, consistent vapor, and good throat hit.
My batteries for the Inferno are not the 5 click turn off kind, and since I have the eGo-T with the 5 click off feature, I find that I really like them better.
I fill my tanks with a syringe with a soft tip needle (syringe filling kit from Volcano) because I hate prying off the little cap. I have not had any leakage up to now, and I set up my 4 batteries with my different flavors and can limit all the extra stuff that I dragged along prior to getting the tanks. I like it- no fuss, no mess, and good consistent vape.
I use a pg/vg blend from Velvet Vapors, and most of my juice is clear enough to see through.
Happy Vaping!

RubenX

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Longwood
The Ego T-tanks are wonderful. I will never go back to any carts with fillers.

I received my Ego-T atty/tank, like an hour ago. I've been having some HEAVY chain vaping since. Every draw taste like I just topped up a cart, even better as there's a lot more vapor. Granted, I'm comparing against the regular 510 atty, I have never used the low resistance ones. But had I been using a cart for the last hour, I would have had to top it off like 5 times... there would be liquid in my hands, my desk, my mouth... not with the tank. This thing is awesome.

I foresee other manufactures moving away from the cart/filler tech and getting into the tanks.

Deofol

Jan 18, 2011
dfw
I'll also add. Its wonderful. Been vaping 510s for about 40 days, and this is the next level.

Every vape has been consistently like a perfectly filled 510. I would even say better. The vape seems to be dryer, more like real smoke. I'm a happy camper!

Only con has been the atty primer is pretty awful and takes a tank or so to go away. That and this think DRINKS some juice (edit: It might be because I've been chain vaping because its so easy)!

Any rate, by far the best vaping experience yet. My friend tried mine this morning, and was so impressed he ordered a kit from CigNot on the spot.

RubenX

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Longwood
I received my Ego-T atty/tank, like an hour ago. I've been having some HEAVY chain vaping since. Every draw taste like I just topped up a cart, even better as there's a lot more vapor. Granted, I'm comparing against the regular 510 atty, I have never used the low resistance ones. But had I been using a cart for the last hour, I would have had to top it off like 5 times... there would be liquid in my hands, my desk, my mouth... not with the tank. This thing is awesome.

I foresee other manufactures moving away from the cart/filler tech and getting into the tanks.

Update... darn thing broke... little vapor, very hard draw, leaking all over the place. Bleh! I was so happy with it. Until it broke. I know things do break... but come'on! what was it? 5 days? Bleh!

I'll probably end up dissecting it... if I do, I'll post pics here. :(

Did I mention I was very happy with it? till it broke?

mgarland

Jan 29, 2011
Central NY
Yea, mine broke too! I was loving life, then all of a sudden, one atty stopped working. Then the the second had very little vapor, very hard draw and was leaking. I had to scramble to get an old unit working. Even smoked 1/2 an analog:(. Ordered cart's from iVape, got them next day. Now I'm using the cart's with the Ego batteries and it's actually pretry good. This is my first experience the cart's. The flavor isn't the same as the tank ( can't beat the tank for flavor when working properly!!) but they're convenient, not messy and the vaper is good. I guess I'll have to use the carto's until they come out with a better atomizer for the tank!?!?

MissKitty47

ECF Veteran
I have found so far that even though the taste isn't as great and delicious as dripping, it's so much better than vaping filler I'm not going to complain..much! I also took out the two plastic tips and that helped with the taste. So far, I've been ordering atty's each time I order juice or anything else. That way I've always got an extra atty coming in the mail. I used to work in an ammunition factory, and sometimes factories make mistakes. Traing noobs, someone having a bad day anywhere in the production process...it's still humans doing the work, and we're still...well, humans. I've also found that ordering supplies every other week (just like when we had to be constantly stocking up on cartons of cigs) keeps the pocketbook happier than doing one large order once a month. And since not many of us live near a vape-shop, it takes the stress of wondering when your supplies will run out off your back.

Is this system perfect? nope! But is it doing what I bought it for (longer vaping with no interruptions) YES! I also use Todd at Vaperite and his organic juices are the WIN!! I'll go thru an atty a week if it means keeping me in Kona Cream Heaven! (It is a dark juice) So far, it hasn't killed an atty, but time will tell. Still cheaper than cigs in WA state. ($10/pack) I'm sure the longer this system is out there, someone will discover an excellent mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread