My expierence with the Velocity RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
So I'm a long time cyclone user. I have only used either a cyclone or cartomizer on my reo, never felt the need to use something else. I saw a review of the Velocity and also saw it has a bottom feeding option and got excited because it seems to be getting so wonderful reviews. My biggest concern was the extra deep drip well, I imagined a lot of juice leaking and burning. To my surprise it is absolutely phenomenal. The part I thought would be the biggest draw back turned into the biggest plus. On my cyclone with a sub ohm coil I was squonking every other toot. With the Velocity, using duel micro coils (6 wraps 2.5id)@.3 ohms, I can get at least 6-7 BIG pulls without it even starting to go dry. Has way too much airflow for a fully mechanical device(not enough power to make use of all that airflow imo) but the best thing is you can cut it off to almost no airflow making this work for ANY build type. Flavor and vapor are HUGE. A side note, this is a clone. Now on to he pictures. Any and all questions are welcome.
982c67e6b8c97fce44f788c480464932.jpg
24f10132dc32a96ea4972fa3c240cd9c.jpg
77f752e589b710f8ba9e77ce89cb7d9b.jpg
ed46c2f16b53705914d02ac68a423ed0.jpg
a78d99e4ddb9f288ecd64b94cbd3ed30.jpg
7da1833ca0967d6ee5e24d75f8b126d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
I have one running in drip mode, I got a different one from iCloud something. I've been reading the Tobeco is a better clone.

I am gonna pick one up for the Reo, currently running one on the ipv3 Li and it's absolutely beast!

981ac2bffbba2f97dfaa4a814e27546c.jpg

416943827ba20d778e45dc86e393509d.jpg

For $25 and it being bottom fed with the awesome posts, it's a steal. It's both a flavor and cloud chaser.

One complaint I have on my clone is the positive post isn't machined too well or the PEEK insulator is janky. Will try the Tobeco version. At $20 for rda and $2.99 for bf pin + shipping, I think we stumbled onto a gold mine.

The little guide notch on the top cap to lock it in place so you can adjust the afc is pretty awesome.

I like how the air holes make it look like a tiny robot face too.

a098df37398cfe115c5be6a82309088b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah that's where I going with it not really be able to be used at its FULL potential with a reo just because of its mechanical nature. Those duel claptons would have a huge ramp up time on a reo. I bet those things scream on that velocity on the ipv

Reactions: camerajunkie

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
You can make them staged and if you use a smaller ID you can fit all of it into the right RDA. I know squonkysquonkster is running staged fused Clapton builds on reos. He's been posting up on the super sub ohm builds.

Yes it does scream, but since I'm noob too claptons, the 24g macro coils where performing better.

I also worked 72hrs straight this week, on my breaks was trying to build fused claptons to get my mind off the madness.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
You can make them staged and if you use a smaller ID you can fit all of it into the right RDA. I know squonkysquonkster is running staged fused Clapton builds on reos. He's been posting up on the super sub ohm builds.

Yes it does scream, but since I'm noob too claptons, the 24g macro coils where performing better.

I also worked 72hrs straight this week, on my breaks was trying to build fused claptons to get my mind off the madness.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look into staged coils. Parallels are running really nice on my reo. I might try a duel parallel setup on it next.

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
The madness never ends. It relents now and then.

T

That it does! Luckily boss man said, "take your wife to a nice restaurant, on the company dime!"

We're getting ready for a tropical storm and a massive event called VMworld.

Reactions: supertrunker

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
I was building different fused claptons too. My core is 2 strands of 26g kanthal wrapped with 32g kanthal.

So you can potentially get a 0.32~0.41 ohm build to run in the REOs. On the ipv3 I'm rocking 60-70 watts on this build with decent results @ 4.2v.

I think you can get it running on the Reo. Have to try it out.

I will say that making fused claptons on 26g as the core is a very time consuming process as 26g is more flexible than 24g.

I'm liking my ipv3 as a support mod to my Reo. The flexibility of the regulated mod has made it into an expensive coil calculator for my mech mods.

The delay for firing makes me appreciate my REO that much more. I'm a chain vaping tootle puffer that likes flavor. I hate delays and ramp times. Reos don't have that issue as much (ramp time yes on certain coil builds), but I'm talking about firing times.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
i'm not sure a Reo will rock dual parallels. It's a mech and that's not a typical mech build.

Not many single battery mechs can even get close to lighting that up.

T
I found a single 26g 9wrap parallel build .5 ohm to run very well on the reo with lowish ramp up times. I just want lots of vapor and low ramp up times, I might be asking for too much on a mechanical device. What builds would you recommend to give me those results? Also not completely forgetting about flavor.

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
Fused claptons from what I've researched are basically parallel builds. So possibly a staged fused Clapton to help with the ramp times. I'd stage with a 26g or 28g wrap between the fused Clapton coils. I saw pretty awesome results with that.

My problem with a staged build was that in my tiredness, I used a 4mm ID and was having issues hitting the top cap.

The 26g/28g wire between the fused Clapton wraps help heat up the Clapton.

So I think a single 9 wrap mix of a staged fused Clapton would make for some awesome results on a Reo.

Now to figure out how many wraps for the staging coil and how many wraps for the fused Clapton is the question I have.

Staged fused Clapton I made

Reactions: vlodato

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
I dun goofed at that point, have now rebuilt with 2.5 and 3mm ID.

When I ran that other coil for 3 hrs I was using cotton. It was also 0.13ohm single coil build and was having issues hitting the top cap.

It was my first staged fused Clapton. Hit like a tank. Have made 4 more builds in the last 2 days.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
The velocity looks really nice! I was looking at it because of the bf pin you can get. Question, though. Is it leaky? On both the Reo and the ipv3 pic, I see juice leaking out of the side air holes.

Btw, that Clapton looks nice! I wrapped a fused Clapton using parallel 28g. Vapes really nice, but I don't think I'd do it again because of the amount of effort it took for me to build the wire.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
The velocity looks really nice! I was looking at it because of the bf pin you can get. Question, though. Is it leaky? On both the Reo and the ipv3 pic, I see juice leaking out of the side air holes.

Btw, that Clapton looks nice! I wrapped a fused Clapton using parallel 28g. Vapes really nice, but I don't think I'd do it again because of the amount of effort it took for me to build the wire.
With no o ring it will definitely leak from the 510, at least with the old style that I have. But with a o ring I get 0 leaking from 510. Will notice a little juice by the air holes if I'm chain vaping hard but that's just because of the amount of vapor this thing pushes. It's not really an issue imo. Can probably happen from over squonking but would happen to any over squonked atty.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
For those who might think it's too tall, there is the velocity mini, as well.

View attachment 485275
Woah I didn't know that, thank you. I'm assuming the same od? I would love a 19mm one set up for single coils.

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread