My first anniversary of being tobacco free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I smoked my last cigarette at 8:05am on May 5, 2014 :). I didn't know then if it would really be the day I finally quit, but I told myself to really try to go 24 hours without smoking, a goal I had never achieved. And I made it! So then I told myself, if I could go a day, I could truly make it.

I started smoking at a very young age, and smoked 35 years. I made numerous attempts to quit going back to my college years. I tried cold turkey, cutting back, the patch, gum, a nicotine inhaler, Wellbutrin and Chantix. No matter what, I couldn't break that 24 hour goal. I would go through ashtrays and light up every disgusting .... for 1 or 2 nasty drags.

My last few years of smoking I was under a PAD, but only due to financial reasons. I just wouldn't let myself have more than 1 cigarette per hour, but I certainly smoked the heck out of each one. The filter would be collapsed by the time I was finished.

Thank you, ECF. I was so clueless when I started vaping. I didn't know which was 510 and which was ego threading on my batteries. I didn't know an atomizer from a clearomizer. I didn't know what rebuildables were, or that the ones I saw online were clones. I kept googling different things, and kept ending up here to read. Finally after 3 months of lurking, I joined.

The journey has been amazing! The technology changes alone in the 14 months I've been vaping are mind boggling. And I've met some truly kind and generous folks here, from those who give their time all day to help others, to those who give hardware and juice to those in a financial crunch. Thank you, all :)

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Happy-Anniversary-Glitter-Image.gif

Reactions: roxynoodle

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Roxy, I share in your joy! Congratulations on making that first year! I've been down the same road as you, trying all kinds of "approved" methods to quit my 40-year addiction, just to fail each time. Through ECF and vaping I'm smoke-free for 15 months now. Keep it up, you've got it now. :)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
It is true my lungs feel better. My teeth have even whitened, which I didn't think would happen without cosmetic dentristry, but they have. My dad's teeth were actually one of my motivations. He's a cigar smoker, and his teeth are dark brown and black :shock:

I still have urges to have a cig sometimes, but they pass easily and quickly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread