My first bad vaping experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Oh please, Who gives a crap about these people anyway. All these anti tobacco anti cigarette smokers are full of sh#t anyway. The reason why people are anti cigarettes is because Its COOOL NOT to like cigarettes now. Its not even about health, people are shallow. Its a fad, a trend. When it was cool to smoke, even though most people friggin knew it was harmful, everyone smoked and didnt really give a damn about it. Im just sick of hearing about the wimps out there. If it was not for the health consequences of cigarettes id love to continue smoking and blow it in their faces.

And i rather say electronic smoking than personal vaporizer. I think I am the only one on here who hates that term. It sounds so nerdy and faggy. OOOH MY PERSONALL VAPORIZERRR> reminds me of someone saying my personal vibrator.

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
As far as vapinig in public places, I would strongly advise against it.

It's probably ok to, but it' s alarming in the public eye and it will just raise more controversy towards ecigs in general. Now is not the best time to do that since everyone is questioning the safety of ecigs.

I understand you want to smoke in public places, but please don't.

I see absolutely no reason why people should not vape in public. It is not smoking, it is not tobacco, and in most parts of the USA, it is not illegal. In those areas where it has been deemed illegal or banned just because someone didn't like the way it looks, a class action is in order... yesterday.

Does anyone really, truly believe that how vapers behave - where they vape or do not vape - will have ANY bearing whatsoever on the FDA's eventual ruling on the matter? Polite smokers have been ostracized right alongside the rude ones.

This is not about manners. It's about fighting to retain civil liberties.

Oh, and lest we forget: it's also about powerful Big Tobacco lobbyists and the almighty dollar. This is not hyperbole: it is the absolute truth.

There is no need to be rude or in anyone's face while vaping, but there is also no need to cower in dark alleyways as though you're doing something illegal or wrong.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
First off second hand smoke concerns is a crock of ****. Let us use a little common sense. For someone to really get serious side effects from cigarette smoking, it takes, on average around 30 years or more of heavy or very consistent smoking. Its a very long term killer that takes an over abuse to cause damage. I think if you ate 20 to 30 small blocks of cheese everyday for 20 years you probably would die as well.

Now your gonna say that someone breathing in very diffuse traces of 2nd hand smoke puts them at risk for significant health problems? Give me a break. The .......n air pollution where i live is probably 10x worse. Everyone where I live is getting cancer, the cancer rates are sky high. and they are not tobacco related.

THERE IS SO MUCH BULLCRAP out there that is causing us significant harm that gets completely ignored so that we all can focus on bogus statistics and problems like 2nd hand smoke. The food we eat, all the chemicals and processes used for companies to make an extra buck or extend shelf life, is killing us way more than 2nd hand smoke ever would. Time for people to wake up.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
My experience is that people become suspicious of the exhaled vapor...they suspect that it may have some affect on their health and would like proof that it does not. Also, a guy that I work with has a lawyer for a wife and has pretty much told him that these ecigs are illegal....I said, "what, no sir" he said yes, his wife says that the FDA has not approved it so therefore, they are a non legal, non banned substance in a kind of limbo state. I decided that I would not be vaping in front of that guy or his group of friends if you know what I mean.

I'm not a lawyer and do not wish to learn law...I'm simple...I am one with nicotine and enjoy it like I enjoy coffee and candy. This looks to become a really big upcoming controversy but I fear, even in our "Free" country...we will be in the shadows vaping before too long.

Last edited:

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
As far as vapinig in public places, I would strongly advise against it.

It's probably ok to, but it' s alarming in the public eye and it will just raise more controversy towards ecigs in general. Now is not the best time to do that since everyone is questioning the safety of ecigs.

I understand you want to smoke in public places, but please don't.

Oh please, Who gives a crap about these people anyway. All these anti tobacco anti cigarette smokers are full of sh#t anyway. The reason why people are anti cigarettes is because Its COOOL NOT to like cigarettes now. Its not even about health, people are shallow. Its a fad, a trend. When it was cool to smoke, even though most people friggin knew it was harmful, everyone smoked and didnt really give a damn about it. Im just sick of hearing about the wimps out there. If it was not for the health consequences of cigarettes id love to continue smoking and blow it in their faces.
Strikes me that the real sensible option is the middle ground somewhere between these 2 extremes

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
Not entirely on topic, but about 10 years ago I was a merchandiser for a tobacco company. That meant I assured the stock quality, issued buy downs and set up the POP advertising in a number of stores. I was going about my business one day and was approached by an irate man who then loudly proclaimed that I was a murderer. I was appalled! I was a mom trying to support 3 children..nothing more. It was scary and uncalled for.

Things like this piss me off. No one has ever been forced to smoke a cigarette. These families that sue tobacco companies because a loved one died should have to pay the attorneys fees and be fined for being stupid

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I dont vape in public. I wouldnt do it in a restaurant. I rather go outside and do it. Why? One because thats part of what I liked about being a smoker. getting to get some fresh air and get away from everyone. and 2nd I really dont feel like explaining it to people. They see smoke they think u are smoking, It would be annoying to keep educating every person who confronts u

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
First off second hand smoke concerns is a crock of ****. Let us use a little common sense. For someone to really get serious side effects from cigarette smoking, it takes, on average around 30 years or more of heavy or very consistent smoking. Its a very long term killer that takes an over abuse to cause damage. I think if you ate 20 to 30 small blocks of cheese everyday for 20 years you probably would die as well.

Now your gonna say that someone breathing in very diffuse traces of 2nd hand smoke puts them at risk for significant health problems? Give me a break. The .......n air pollution where i live is probably 10x worse. Everyone where I live is getting cancer, the cancer rates are sky high. and they are not tobacco related.

THERE IS SO MUCH BULLCRAP out there that is causing us significant harm that gets completely ignored so that we all can focus on bogus statistics and problems like 2nd hand smoke. The food we eat, all the chemicals and processes used for companies to make an extra buck or extend shelf life, is killing us way more than 2nd hand smoke ever would. Time for people to wake up.

This is not entirely true...
My mother is allergic to cigarettes or... something in them- and gets terrible chest pains and hives whenever my dad would smoke around her- once we were grown and moved out, she comes to visit-(we have never smoked in our house but we do in our vehicles from time to time)- she can't ride with me, she literally starts to itch, cough and have bad chest pains... If I smoked- I would have to stay outside for what seemed like ever so most of the smell was gone and she could still smell it- It wouldn't affect her as badly but after awhile the itches would start... she was diagnosed w/ this "allergy" when I was about 15 yrs old (many, many years ago) and before that suffered greatly - my dad was "the man and his castle" type- didn't care that she seemed to have a problem... needless to say they are now divorced- But just a comment on how much time it takes for anyone to have harm to second hand smoke...

I don't agree in hiding the vape but I do believe in respect-I am like gooney... If you wouldn't spray a perfume or something in a public enclosed area.... why vape - unless it is in a place that is not offensive... Even as an alternate to cigarettes, trying to "beat the ban" is like slapping a non-smoker in the face when the information is not readily available so they KNOW that nothing is harming them... Yes, ignorance, but whose responsibility is it to inform? Certainly not the FDA at this point, or the Channel 5 news, but users of these devices and the companies who make them... Will they hold our information to be true and correct? Of course not, in most cases- So a pamphlet or "source" that enables them to research things on their own if they so choose to do so would be best... I think it would be cool if every order of a starter kit came w/ 10 pamphlets on "e-cigarettes and how they work" - Let us get the message out and gain some acceptance and understanding... But not by pushing our new found alternative onto people who have the idea... "If it looks like smoke, it's smoke"- And if you have to gain acceptance by calling it a personal vaporizer, a nicotine inhaler, a device for self medicating nicotine doses.... Then so be it- Why come out ready for the fight than to come out being ready to educate?
BTW, my mom loves that we now are using PV's and knows we still have a ways to go off the analogs but is supportive of it fully... I would get my dad a kit for Christmas but am waiting for him to see mine first... (He is the head strong type that doesn't take anyone telling him what is good for him)
Off my soapbox now...

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Well I am not saying that there aren't people out there who are allergic to cigarettes. But I would bet my ... that for every 100 people who says they are allergic maybe you will get 1 who really is. And again my point is there are so many other things that are worse for us that should be focused on but aren't. Why because if people are making money from something, than it will take a really long time for the truth to come out or for things to even be acknowledged.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
paladinx, I can understand what you are saying I really do. There are 100,000,000 plus other things that I agree are more important to be concerned with as far as public health is concerned. Every time a person gets just a whif of the exhaust from a vehicle they are probably getting more harmful chemicals into their body than they know and if they really did know, they would sue the auto manufacturers for the damage they cause - and probably win the lawsuit to boot!

Personally, I am way beyond tired of the most rediculous complaints and lawsuits that I hear about. Over the past several years in particular, there has been so much anti-smoking legislation that I actually became a pro-smoking advocate, as someone who really enjoyed smoking his entire life. Since the ever-increasing anti-smoking laws became more and more restrictive, more and more self-righteous individuals feel that these laws have made them smoking police with authority! There are actually towns in the U.S. where it is illegal to smoke ANYWHERE but in your own home. Then there are people who have actually filed lawsuits against their neighbors who smoke because they can smell the second-hand smoke in their own home - read about it here.

Fenway park in Boston (for example) has a no-smoking policy as do many outdoor sports facilities. No smoking outside within 25 feet of any window or door of any public building. No smoking on hospital grounds AT ALL even in your own car. I've had a woman at a drive through tell me to put out my cigarette as I sat in my truck at the window. Needless to say I went back the next morning and had a chat with the store manager who agreed with me that she had no right to make me put out my cigarette. In the first Gulf War, Philip Morris donated some 10-15,000 free cartons of cigarettes to be shipped to our men and women fighting in Iraq/Kuwait. Anti-smokers groups were all up in arms about it and because of them our own government refused to allow the shipment overseas.

Sorry, but I am sick and tired of the rediculous "Politically Correct" nature in our country these days. I may be a brand-spankin' new newbie at this e-cig, PV or whatever you prefer to call it, but for now I defend and will strongly support it 100%. I quit smoking after 36+ years the instant I took my first vape just 2 weeks ago. I have absolutely no desire to smoke analogs ever again. I don't drink, I don't do drugs of any kind, I've served my country with honor and I think I've earned the right to vape all I want, anywhere I want, anytime I want. But at the same time, although I may sound defiant and stubborn in my position, I will not make it a point to vape in someones face or anywhere else that I know may cause a problem - advertising it in a negative way.

As a former smoker, I have learned where and when to smoke so as not to upset anyone or break any laws. Even where I could smoke I was concious of those around me, even fellow smokers, so I didn't allow my smoke to drift right in their face or blow my smoke in their direction - just simple courteousy. But I will go out of my way to educate anyone I know, anyone that will listen, about my current method of nicotine delivery "system".

No one here can honestly prove and confirm that our PV's are 100% safe and harmless to ourselves or anyone around us. From all the personal research I have done I cannot honestly say it is, but I've yet to find anything that tells me any chemical in my PV is harmful either, or at least not nearly as harmful as tobacco. But I do know that the government is against them because they are losing a lot of tax money, both federal and state. Big tobacco hates them, they are losing money. Pharmacutical and medical industries (who employ millions) are losing money because people really are getting healthy with these PV's, threfore they sell less meds and products. The list goes on and on.

All I know is that I feel that this e-cig has saved my life, or at least prolonged it. I intend to stock up and stay stocked-up on my PV supplies because I don't see a clear light at the end of this tunnel, there are too many powers that are and will fight it.

Sorry, I've got to get off this soap box.

:mad:

the_cold_revolution

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
St. Louis MO
www.myspace.com
lol you should have told the guy it is a personal vaporizer like the other posters commented. I can now see why that would make a big difference. Then if they still freak out tell them its how you take your cancer medication.

Sure it may be a cheap shot at making them feel guilty, but if it stops you from getting lung cancer, it is cancer medication, Chew on that one for a second...

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I hear you shortstuff. One problem with this country is everything sometimes work towards extremes. Its either one way or the other. But I am with you, I am also sick of these anti-tobacco people myself. It is way beyond public health, it is basically a group of people who want to impose their will on the people. In order to do this, they had to make bogus statements about the health consequences of 2nd hand smoke. That was their ticket for control, and the masses foolishly ate it up.

Second hand smoke is dangerous if a small child is constantly exposed to smoke on a daily basis while they are developing. Other than that, someone breathing in a little tobacco smoke in a bar is not going to do anything. its rubbish.

And they are so worried about kids and smoking, or teens and smoking. What about drinking? More teenage and young adult deaths are caused by alcohol than any other drug. Everyday in the newspaper i read about young people dieing from alcohol. And alcoholic drinks come in all kindss of flavors. But the FDA is concerned about cigarette flavors and e-cigarette flavors cause they might "lure in kids". Why not say the same about drinks? Cherry vodka might lure in a teenager to drink. Alcohol. and young people causes not only a billion deadly car accidents a day, but stabbings, shootings, bar fights, and violence. why stop at smoking. Lets all become communists.

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
The problem with the OP's actions is that he "stealth vaped" for a while. This basically implies he KNOWS he is doing something that will offend some people. Then the OP doubles down by using an offensive outburst as a parting shot.

This only ensures that this guy will now be an evangelist AGAINST e-cigs, vp's, or whatever you want to call them. He'll complain to his boss (even though there may not be any vapers there yet), complain to friends, neighbors, and anyone who'll listen to him, all the while making sure to spread as much disinformation as possible.

This hurts all of us.

It's best to simply explain what the device actually is if someone asks, and if the individual is still offended by your blend of minty double-orange mocha vapor, simply wait for him to leave. After he leaves, it;s a good bet someone else will strike up a conversation with you about your new cool gadget.

And the dork won't now be on a personal vendetta to rid the public of people that are smoking anti-freeze :p

Last edited:

bifff257

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Florida
Personally, I am way beyond tired of the most rediculous complaints and lawsuits that I hear about. Over the past several years in particular, there has been so much anti-smoking legislation that I actually became a pro-smoking advocate, as someone who really enjoyed smoking his entire life. Since the ever-increasing anti-smoking laws became more and more restrictive, more and more self-righteous individuals feel that these laws have made them smoking police with authority! There are actually towns in the U.S. where it is illegal to smoke ANYWHERE but in your own home. Then there are people who have actually filed lawsuits against their neighbors who smoke because they can smell the second-hand smoke in their own home - read about it here.

Fenway park in Boston (for example) has a no-smoking policy as do many outdoor sports facilities. No smoking outside within 25 feet of any window or door of any public building. No smoking on hospital grounds AT ALL even in your own car. I've had a woman at a drive through tell me to put out my cigarette as I sat in my truck at the window. Needless to say I went back the next morning and had a chat with the store manager who agreed with me that she had no right to make me put out my cigarette. In the first Gulf War, Philip Morris donated some 10-15,000 free cartons of cigarettes to be shipped to our men and women fighting in Iraq/Kuwait. Anti-smokers groups were all up in arms about it and because of them our own government refused to allow the shipment overseas.

Sorry, but I am sick and tired of the rediculous "Politically Correct" nature in our country these days. I may be a brand-spankin' new newbie at this e-cig, PV or whatever you prefer to call it, but for now I defend and will strongly support it 100%. I quit smoking after 36+ years the instant I took my first vape just 2 weeks ago. I have absolutely no desire to smoke analogs ever again. I don't drink, I don't do drugs of any kind, I've served my country with honor and I think I've earned the right to vape all I want, anywhere I want, anytime I want. But at the same time, although I may sound defiant and stubborn in my position, I will not make it a point to vape in someones face or anywhere else that I know may cause a problem - advertising it in a negative way.

As a former smoker, I have learned where and when to smoke so as not to upset anyone or break any laws. Even where I could smoke I was concious of those around me, even fellow smokers, so I didn't allow my smoke to drift right in their face or blow my smoke in their direction - just simple courteousy. But I will go out of my way to educate anyone I know, anyone that will listen, about my current method of nicotine delivery "system".

No one here can honestly prove and confirm that our PV's are 100% safe and harmless to ourselves or anyone around us. From all the personal research I have done I cannot honestly say it is, but I've yet to find anything that tells me any chemical in my PV is harmful either, or at least not nearly as harmful as tobacco. But I do know that the government is against them because they are losing a lot of tax money, both federal and state. Big tobacco hates them, they are losing money. Pharmacutical and medical industries (who employ millions) are losing money because people really are getting healthy with these PV's, threfore they sell less meds and products. The list goes on and on.

All I know is that I feel that this e-cig has saved my life, or at least prolonged it. I intend to stock up and stay stocked-up on my PV supplies because I don't see a clear light at the end of this tunnel, there are too many powers that are and will fight it.

Sorry, I've got to get off this soap box.

Great post, well said!!!!!!!!!!

jamison

Nov 21, 2009
Not entirely on topic, but about 10 years ago I was a merchandiser for a tobacco company. That meant I assured the stock quality, issued buy downs and set up the POP advertising in a number of stores. I was going about my business one day and was approached by an irate man who then loudly proclaimed that I was a murderer. I was appalled! I was a mom trying to support 3 children..nothing more. It was scary and uncalled for.

Others might not agree with me here , but the way I see it... If you represent the man, you ARE the man... Simple as that.

You were the one setting up the tobacco advertising? You were a sales/spokesperson for a tobacco company? You installed to "point of presence" advertising in stores???

So one day you were setting up advertisements cigarette advertisements in a store, and a man called you a murderer for what you were representing? Without agents doing it's work, how exactly does evil DO it's work? Seriously. How exactly does the IRS do it's work? How do those who would do us harm work? Oh! Through their agents! You were an agent of the tobacco industry, and you got called out on it. Poor little you? I don't think so.

I bet you got paid WELL, as a poor struggling mom of three working for the tobacco industry.

Just my humble opinion.

jamison

Nov 21, 2009
My experience is that people become suspicious of the exhaled vapor...they suspect that it may have some affect on their health and would like proof that it does not. Also, a guy that I work with has a lawyer for a wife and has pretty much told him that these ecigs are illegal....I said, "what, no sir" he said yes, his wife says that the FDA has not approved it so therefore, they are a non legal, non banned substance in a kind of limbo state. I decided that I would not be vaping in front of that guy or his group of friends if you know what I mean.

I'm not a lawyer and do not wish to learn law...I'm simple...I am one with nicotine and enjoy it like I enjoy coffee and candy. This looks to become a really big upcoming controversy but I fear, even in our "Free" country...we will be in the shadows vaping before too long.

The guys wife has fallen into the trap of 'is it allowed?' She doesn't understand the nature of freedom, apparently...

Not vaping in front of them because of what they think?

Asking permission isn't American. Until they're specifically (and sufficiently) banned, they're legal.

You really should be concerned with law, it affects YOU! I know so many people who still say politics doesn't affect them. Then they complain about this or that... I don't listen to their complaints anymore, not unless they decide to care about law and politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread