My first nicotine overdose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
i agree it was probably a combination of things. one of the first signs of nicotine poisoning is nausea. gawd awful nausea. i actually got that from a piece of 4mg nicorette one day. it was so bad i had to spit it out within about 3 mins as soon as i realized what it was.

now when i get the slightest nausea (rare) i put the ecig down for a break or lower the nicotine.

they could have checked your urine for nicotine to confirm it i think.

i do get shortness of breath with higher nicotine levels. thx for the dehydration reminder. i bet that's what's happening. constriction of blood vessels from dehydration. if i can lick that symptom, i'd be happy to vape for the rest of my life, but it's enough to make me want to quit vaping in the near future.

maybe i just need more water ;)

The prevalent consensus around here is that by vaping we get 1/10 or so of the nicotine we all got from analogs. The only times I personally have had weird nicotine symptoms has been as a result of getting e-juice on my lips and skin (I felt anxiety and sleeplessness). The symptoms you described sounded more akin to Alcohol-aggravated hypertension, quite a common malady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread