My first tank was....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missjune75

Jul 3, 2014
NYC
I waited too long and didn't get a clearo tank until last August . got the Nautilus . not many big tanks out there with mtl coils .

I'd go for a 3 or 3.5ml one now if topfill. Is there such a thing ?
You can use the Freemax Starre or Starre Pro (if you prefer top fill and can remember to keep the not on the top turned to the right) with Triton 1.8 Coils. That's the original Triton Coils not the mini ones. The mini ones I think you can use in your Nautilius but double check that!
Starre tanks hold around 5ml and they are as ugly as sin but the flavor!

Reactions: r77r7r

Missjune75

Jul 3, 2014
NYC
Welcome @Missjune75 and I hope you enjoy your stay~! Fellow New Yorker here <----

My first tank was a Nautilus Mini and now I have three of them. I must say though that I kind of disagree because I have many more now and the quality of the ones I have is great like the Pangu or the Baby Beast and the Melo III Minis to name a few.
Are you in the NYC area? My favorite store here is Vapeasy. Wonder if you've tried them out

Reactions: Eskie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
My wife's and I vape journey started with CE4 clearo's, we were lucky cause they weren't disposable ones. I researched them within the first couple weeks and able to revamp the coils then begin to learn to rebuild them. Then kanger T3 and learned the same revamp then rebuild. Protanks we vaped for almost 2 years, they are finicky so you got to learn to revamp the heads, bulk up the factory silica a bit then start using cotton to get the best out of the PT heads. Protanks are very restrictive on the kind of builds they can accept, the kanger airflow adapter was the game changer stopping the squished-blocked airflow problem the plagued them. Got better at building so went looking for atty that I had more freedom with to build on so Kayfuns put my protanks on the shelf. I did tinker with RSST, Fogger, TFV4, a couple drippers but still the kayfun was my vape of choice until the kanger subtank mini. Great tanks for our needs and still were vaping the subtank for over 2 years now. Juice consumption skyrocketed with subtanks so I went into DIY(best move a vaper can make) and today I occasionally reminisce by building some of my older attys. Its going to be very difficult to have another atty replace my subtanks enough to have me shelf them like all my other attys of past.
Revamping then rebuilding coils turned a MEH vape experience into great then DIY juice into an exceptional vape experience, so my wife and I been riding the wave and lovin the vape for pretty well our entire 4 years of vaping, vape nirvana once we stopped buying commercial juices and began vaping my homebrews.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
MyVaporStore is in Queens, so first class shipping to either the city or LI when I was out there is next day. Great service too. No B&M either.

I made my 2nd trip to a new B&M here in Stamford today, which is one that I find rather amusing.

Idunno - is it just me or is it kinda weird to see these things sold together? I guess it SHOULD be somewhat expected, but I still have difficulty with the concept. Nice place, good guys, and it's very convenient (for me).

Maybe the smokes will help them stay in business, so I'll stick to the positive stuff.

I'm obviously rooting for their success.

StamfordVapor-SmokeShop_1 (Medium).jpg
StamfordVapor-SmokeShop_2 (Medium).jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I made my 2nd trip to a new B&M here in Stamford today, which is one that I find rather amusing.

Idunno - is it just me or is it kinda weird to see these things sold together? I guess it SHOULD be somewhat expected, but I still have difficulty with the concept. Nice place, good guys, and it's very convenient (for me).

Maybe the smokes will help them stay in business, so I'll stick to the positive stuff.

I'm obviously rooting for their success.

View attachment 642545 View attachment 642547

Actually, their shelves look pretty well stocked. How are their prices?

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Actually, their shelves look pretty well stocked. How are their prices?

I'm a terrible frame of reference with only three B&M trips in my entire vapin' life, but I threw them a 30ml purchase for $21. Looks about normal (Space Jam juice) with just a cursory glance...

In summary, I do not know. :blush:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
My first proper tank was the protank and I just stop using them a year ago. I have four of them. About a year ago I logged back on the this forum to see if there was any improvements over a sigelei zmax and protank. There was, my first subohm hit was amazing. I did get sick from too much nicotine. I mix my own at about 30mg's and that is way to much to subohm. I do 20mgs now and I just get a nicotine buzz not nicotine sick like with 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread