Status
Not open for further replies.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I am so glad for all the support I get here,,,he still thibnks thsi is a fad that I will puth down and there seems to be a disconnect...if I smoked I could go down to the store pop down $4 open the pack and be smoking...with e-juice the ones I like are smaller boutique shops that open 1 day a week and close when they hit capacity...I them have to wait 7-14 days to receive the juice and then 2 weeks to steep before they can be vaped...they dont cost more than the local B&M's just taste SO VERY MUCH BETTER.

No news on my Legacy...no communication at all from Pure Smoker so I filled a dispute with my bank and am filing a report with the post master as well.

We are all here to support you!

Like others have said, plop down the money and buy a few ounces of the juice you like, have a back stock!

I went through that when I got my V1, when I ran out I was going nuts vaping just enough to satisfy myself until my juice arrived!

Luckily I have my minor in chemistry and got into the DIY thing, which is like a whole other hobby! I have my own little mini lab at home!

Looks like I am doing biological weapon research or something LOL

I have been doing that so long and have my formulas written down that it only takes me about 5 minutes to mix up a batch!

But this is not for everyone, I mean I know people that carry two or more mods, have all kinds of juices they like, but do not even try to mix their own!

Just relax, and get yourself an ample supply from your place you like, if they do not mix up 30ml (an ounce) at a time, ask if they can do it for you special, usually they are more than happy to do this...

A bit of advice on stock piling:

Keep unopened juice in a cool dark place as e liquids oxidize with exposure to air, and heat, and light which will change the color, and taste to some degree.

NEVER, NEVER keep mixed juices in the fridge, as this will kill the flavorings, good for the nicotine, but disastrous for the flavorings, and NEVER freeze e liquids.

Keep up the good work, and don't worry about it he'll see you have become a vapor junkie, and even be supportive !

Those doubting ones always come around, trust me I know first hand;)

When I had the carto issues from PS I had to smoke, I needed the nicotine, and my wife said "honey I don't care how much you spend, just do what you have to to go back to vaping,I can't stand the smell, and you are wheezing and are going to start getting sick again"...bingo got my Pro Tank II, Provari and ZAP!

Oh and an added point it wasn't because my wife didn't want me to spend the money, IT WAS ME! I got screwed by PS, they wouldn't stand behind their cartos they sold me that wouldn't work in 5 of THEIR mods, and I felt like...do I want to spend any more money on cartos, taking the chance who ever I get them from they won't work in my mods...so I screwed around almost three months smoking again...but that's another story...

And I am vaping happily ever after! :vapor:

:toast: to your success!

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
My hubby supported my switch to vaping from day 1. He really did. He only recently said to me "You know I think you are going to make it this time."

They watch us over the years struggle with quitting. They see the failures even if they do not comment on them. I suspect they suffer with us as one thing after another fails. I don't find it all that surprising when they are skeptical of our success with yet another new thing. In time they do see it worked.

Just some advice to help your success. Always have backups for your backups. At least 2 of everything including chargers. I keep a 2 month supply of juice to hand too. One set steeps while the other is being used. If you live somewhere prone to long power outages have a backup plan for that as well. What will you do if you can't recharge? (I got a USB solar charger and some big battery devices so I can precharge about a weeks worth of vaping batterys). As long as you have a plan for those tough times you cannot fail this time. He will catch up to you eventually.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Im also one of the lucky ones. My hubby (who has never smoked) doesn't care what I spend on vaping. And I have spent a lot more then you! LOL He just loves that I don't smoke and hacking cough all the time.

Bless his heart he even trys to sound interested when I go on about my vaping stuff even though I know he could care less and a it all goes over his head! LOL

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
They do see us struggle. I knew pretty quickly that vaping would work for me. I could just tell. My husband was more reluctant to believe that I wouldn't relapse.

I haven't had a cigarette in over two years, but the other day he found a lighter in my pocket and he was like, "oh no! Did you smoke?!?" No, I had the lighter in my pocket because I found it in a drawer and picked it up because my 7 year old somehow learned how to light a child proof lighter. I was going to put it up where my son couldn't come across it and set the house on fire. I still felt icky, like maybe he didn't believe me.

i should add that overall, he's been great and very supportive. He's been amazed by how well the ecig works, and has recommended them to other smokers he knows. It's just interesting that after two years of no smoking, he still thinks it's possible that I will go back to smoking.

joeybear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
. It's just interesting that after two years of no smoking, he still thinks it's possible that I will go back to smoking.

My dad used to say "no smoker ever really quits. It's just a long time between your last one and your next one." He quit for 11 years and after I had an accident and was in the hospital for 20 days, he started again. I hope his theory is wrong.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Gee I don't know what to say about this really. I mean, it should be obvious to him that you HAVE quit since he no longer ever smells cigarette smoke on you &/or sees you buying any or using any. Guess you'll just have to keep being you & eventually he'll have to acknowledge it's worked.

It might be that he's thinking it's a fad & you'll eventually switch back. Maybe he's waiting for that switch back. idk. Sorry he's not giving you the kind of feedback about your success quitting smoking that you deserve. He will though. :)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
If logic doesn't persuade him, there's always the frying pan method.

Gsb888w.gif

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I have been almost 8 weeks off the smokes (saturday will be the exact date). As we only have one bank account and one paypal account I have to ask him for the card to make any purchases. Even with a bit of gear purchases 3 kanger batterys 1 is a twist 3 evod tanks 3 protanks( a Legacy that never arrived and charges are being reversed) and my juice purchases trying to find juices I like my purchases are still over $100 less than smokes would have costed me over the same time period.

Now I must admit that he has seen me attempt to quit many times and I even had a exspensive failure with a white cloud cig-a-like a couple years ago. What suggestions would you have for me to convince him this has worked...I have never made it more than a week before. I would think that almost 2 months would be proof enough.

PM me your email address. I have a template of a spreadsheet that you can use that will track what you would have spent on cigs compared to what you have spent on ecigs. Mr. Robin is absolutely amazed that I have saved $1,300.00 so far in this my first year. I see that savings go up by a tremendous amount since I no longer have those start up costs adding up.

He is also the sole breadwinner now. I do have my own credit cards though.

Keep vaping, eventually he will see that it IS working this time. I finally have gone past my last longest quit (which really hadn't been a perfect quit because I had been cheating and having cigs but hubby didn't know) this time there was No cheating. :D

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
My dad used to say "no smoker ever really quits. It's just a long time between your last one and your next one." He quit for 11 years and after I had an accident and was in the hospital for 20 days, he started again. I hope his theory is wrong.
That may well be true of a lot of smokers. I've seen a couple of threads started by people who had quit vaping and thought they were done with it. Until they hit a stressful period.

Although I can go longer periods without vaping than I could without smoking, I know I would go right back to smoking if I quit right now. But, even if someday I totally quit vaping and feel absolutely no need for it anymore, I will never get rid of all my stuff. I will always keep enough just in case.

Most of what I've spent is to make sure I never have to go back. Back-ups for back-ups for back-ups and enough nicotine to be set for 5 years. I will do anything I possibly can to never smoke again.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Gee I don't know what to say about this really. I mean, it should be obvious to him that you HAVE quit since he no longer ever smells cigarette smoke on you &/or sees you buying any or using any. Guess you'll just have to keep being you & eventually he'll have to acknowledge it's worked.

It might be that he's thinking it's a fad & you'll eventually switch back. Maybe he's waiting for that switch back. idk. Sorry he's not giving you the kind of feedback about your success quitting smoking that you deserve. He will though. :)

He probably is waiting for the switch back. I know Mr. Robin sure was, still might be. *shoulder shrug*. Face it, they've seen us try and fail how many times?!?

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
PM me your email address. I have a template of a spreadsheet that you can use that will track what you would have spent on cigs compared to what you have spent on ecigs. Mr. Robin is absolutely amazed that I have saved $1,300.00 so far in this my first year. I see that savings go up by a tremendous amount since I no longer have those start up costs adding up.

He is also the sole breadwinner now. I do have my own credit cards though.

Keep vaping, eventually he will see that it IS working this time. I finally have gone past my last longest quit (which really hadn't been a perfect quit because I had been cheating and having cigs but hubby didn't know) this time there was No cheating. :D

Tragically ironic, is it not, that you are resolved and committed to this "no cheating" policy after we meet, Ms. Robin...

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I feel your frustration. A year + into vaping and no smokes well a cigar every week or two and my wife says I still smoke. Her response is always it still has nicotine in it. We too share all accounts and every purchase I make is on the credit card. If I could only pay cash.

I gave up explaining anymore.

Perhaps rephrase. Instead of saying you're not smoking (even though you aren't smoking), just say, "But, I'm not KILLING myself anymore. End of story."

Would that be better?

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Im also one of the lucky ones. My hubby (who has never smoked) doesn't care what I spend on vaping. And I have spent a lot more then you! LOL He just loves that I don't smoke and hacking cough all the time.

Bless his heart he even trys to sound interested when I go on about my vaping stuff even though I know he could care less and a it all goes over his head! LOL

Exactly my wife is the same way.....

We are indeed lucky to have this kind of support from our significant others....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread