My husband still doesnt beleive I have quit smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been almost 8 weeks off the smokes (saturday will be the exact date). As we only have one bank account and one paypal account I have to ask him for the card to make any purchases. Even with a bit of gear purchases 3 kanger batterys 1 is a twist 3 evod tanks 3 protanks( a Legacy that never arrived and charges are being reversed) and my juice purchases trying to find juices I like my purchases are still over $100 less than smokes would have costed me over the same time period.

Now I must admit that he has seen me attempt to quit many times and I even had a exspensive failure with a white cloud cig-a-like a couple years ago. What suggestions would you have for me to convince him this has worked...I have never made it more than a week before. I would think that almost 2 months would be proof enough.

Un fortunately you can't change the way other people think. However you should offer to let him go all the places that smokes are sold instead of you. He could do all the grocery shopping, gas up the cars. Every time there is something that needs doing where you could buy smokes make him go. That'll shut him up real fast.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Un fortunately you can't change the way other people think. However you should offer to let him go all the places that smokes are sold instead of you. He could do all the grocery shopping, gas up the cars. Every time there is something that needs doing where you could buy smokes make him go. That'll shut him up real fast.

Or just tell him, "Keep your mouth shut if you have nothing positive to say about this important move I have made to improve my health." If that doesn't work, just get rid of him. You can find you a new man who vapes and will appreciate you. I swear, the crap people have to put up with from their SO's.

Last edited:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Perhaps rephrase. Instead of saying you're not smoking (even though you aren't smoking), just say, "But, I'm not KILLING myself anymore. End of story."

Would that be better?

She is of the belief nicotine is the 'bad' stuff in smokes. I printed out CASAA material, sent her links and even told her the doc doesn't ask me about smoking anymore when I go in for my annual sinus infection. In fact he doesn't even ask about vaping. It is nice after 30 years getting a lecture and wanting me to take a stupid pill.

She gives me funny looks whenI am wrapping coils, boiling yarn, and mixing liquid. Some people are just set in their ways, I guess. She never complained about me smoking, just that she wished i would quit.

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I need to revise my advice from above....

Or just tell him/her, "Keep your mouth shut if you have nothing positive to say about this important move I have made to improve my health." If that doesn't work, just get rid of him/her. You can find you a new man/woman who vapes and will appreciate you and what you are trying to accomplish for yourself.

I swear, the crap people have to put up with from their SO's. You know, there are lots of hot single people in the world who aren't wasting energy and time looking for some BS to nitpick about you...

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
I need to revise my advice from above....

Or just tell him/her, "Keep your mouth shut if you have nothing positive to say about this important move I have made to improve my health." If that doesn't work, just get rid of him/her. You can find you a new man/woman who vapes and will appreciate you and what you are trying to accomplish for yourself.

I swear, the crap people have to put up with from their SO's. You know, there are lots of hot single people in the world who aren't wasting energy and time looking for some BS to nitpick about you...

I agree with you Edd my friend! I was single when I got here to ECF and happened to find love from a supportive awesome man who vapes too! Right here at ECF!! :D

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I feel your frustration. A year + into vaping and no smokes well a cigar every week or two and my wife says I still smoke. Her response is always it still has nicotine in it. We too share all accounts and every purchase I make is on the credit card. If I could only pay cash.

I gave up explaining anymore.

you can't be smoking if there's NO SMOKE.

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I agree with you Edd my friend! I was single when I got here to ECF and happened to find love from a supportive awesome man who vapes too! Right here at ECF!! :D

Yes. This is not to imply that ALL SO's are bad. I know you have a great guy. I know he would support anything good you are doing, even if he didn't understand it fully. I know Robin has a great hubby who supports her in her efforts. I just see this thread every so often here with some meddling spouse badgering their beleaguered SO over this issue. It makes me wanna puke!

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
you can't be smoking if there's NO SMOKE.

Ha! Ya know after 50 years of this world I just stopped trying to convince anyone of anything. I let people believe as they wish. It isn;t worth the oxygen to try and convince people. That goes for any adult of any monetary background. They only people I waste my oxygen with anymore is my client's (they pay me) and Duke fans ( I cannot stand them).

Logic fails on all people. You should see my bosses face when he asks why I did something. I say well logically this is the way it should work. He leaves for an hour or two then comes back and says thanks.

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
I'm gonna go down a different road here, hope I don't offend...

Figure out the amount you were spending on cigarettes, have him give you the money, and go get a prepaid card for your ecig purchases.

You have a daughter that is married, so you are old enough to have your own little card to buy your stuff, without having to explain to anyone.:)

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I'm gonna go down a different road here, hope I don't offend...

Figure out the amount you were spending on cigarettes, have him give you the money, and go get a prepaid card for your ecig purchases.

You have a daughter that is married, so you are old enough to have your own little card to buy your stuff, without having to explain to anyone.:)

I gotta say this. I showed my wife all the receipts I purchased over a year. I then showed her the calc on 5 packs of smokes @ 6.50 a pack on 52 weeks. I saved 900 bucks. I crap you not.. she said "I thought it would be more than that" Doh! Her point is until the insurance company says I am smoke free... I am not. Then she walked away from my 1 hour speech about insurance companies. So I finished it to the dogs. They love me. :) I thought about the pre paid credit card... but dang.. I don't want to go down that path.

I blame it on Oprah and the news. She always watches the news and I always walk in and say why do watch that bogus crap. 24/7 news so they have to find stuff to keep people interested. Which is better news? E cig explodes and bounces off the ceiling and catches cat on fire.. dude walking down the street happily vaping away with no one even looking twice or bothered.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
ok, I'm confused,,,,,

does he not believe you have quit smoking because

A) he still thinks you are literally smoking the stinkies

or

B) he thinks vaping is the same as smoking

???

He thinks I will start smoking again, because every other time I tried to quit I failed. He does not smoke and never has, he used to complain about the second hand smoke regularly...my house is not full of smoke anymore, yes there are a few that visit and still smoke but it used to be a constant smoke cloud in here. I do not stink, my breathe doesnt stink, my teeth are getting much whiter...he even had a fit when I could not find a lighter for him to light the grill with (that was a first)...I am a bit disappointed that he does not see that I have stopped smoking....I dont plan on stopping vapeing...I may get down to 0 nic but I like the flavors, and I like the action...BUT I will never go back to smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread