My husband still doesnt beleive I have quit smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
r...he even had a fit when I could not find a lighter for him to light the grill with (that was a first)...

I got to admit first grill out this spring I couldn't find a dang nabbit lighter to light the grill. I couldn't believe I smoked for 30 years and had lighters always on top of the fridge. (I always grill once in the snow - it isn't always great but I love grilling in the snow) My wife said you threw them all away in January. grrrrrrr.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
He thinks I will start smoking again, because every other time I tried to quit I failed. He does not smoke and never has, he used to complain about the second hand smoke regularly...my house is not full of smoke anymore, yes there are a few that visit and still smoke but it used to be a constant smoke cloud in here. I do not stink, my breathe doesnt stink, my teeth are getting much whiter...he even had a fit when I could not find a lighter for him to light the grill with (that was a first)...I am a bit disappointed that he does not see that I have stopped smoking....I dont plan on stopping vapeing...I may get down to 0 nic but I like the flavors, and I like the action...BUT I will never go back to smoking

Just pat him on his head and tell him not to worry his little head about it. Then go on with your lives.

You also might mention that, if his negative attitude hasn't already driven you back to smoking, nothing will.

Sorry, feeling a little sarcastic today. Gotta go to work now.

naplesvapoor

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Naples, FL USA
I have been almost 8 weeks off the smokes (saturday will be the exact date). As we only have one bank account and one paypal account I have to ask him for the card to make any purchases. Even with a bit of gear purchases 3 kanger batterys 1 is a twist 3 evod tanks 3 protanks( a Legacy that never arrived and charges are being reversed) and my juice purchases trying to find juices I like my purchases are still over $100 less than smokes would have costed me over the same time period.

Now I must admit that he has seen me attempt to quit many times and I even had a exspensive failure with a white cloud cig-a-like a couple years ago. What suggestions would you have for me to convince him this has worked...I have never made it more than a week before. I would think that almost 2 months would be proof enough.

Good for you..seriously. And don't be ashamed to spend what you can up front even it is more than what cigarettes cost for the same period of time.
I hate when people try and compare down to the last nickel and dime when making this switch.

What some people aren't calculating are future healthcare and medical bills related to slow analog sickness and death.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Woo-hooo! Congratulations on quitting! :party: Who needs a husband when you got us? Ah, right, he has control of the credit card. Next time he gives it to you copy the number, expiration date and three digit code. I'm wondering though if he isn't just acting out his personal fears that you might go back to cigarettes. My husband is supportive but my family acts, politely, like I've switched to puffing illegal stuff. I've explained it, told them my doctor approves and now it is simply up to them to come to terms with it. At least they have my best interest at heart and don't nag. Keep up the great work and I'm sure he will come around eventually. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
He thinks I will start smoking again, because every other time I tried to quit I failed. He does not smoke and never has, he used to complain about the second hand smoke regularly...my house is not full of smoke anymore, yes there are a few that visit and still smoke but it used to be a constant smoke cloud in here. I do not stink, my breathe doesnt stink, my teeth are getting much whiter...he even had a fit when I could not find a lighter for him to light the grill with (that was a first)...I am a bit disappointed that he does not see that I have stopped smoking....I dont plan on stopping vapeing...I may get down to 0 nic but I like the flavors, and I like the action...BUT I will never go back to smoking

I do know where you are coming from. I failed at quitting everytime too :oops: You just keep doing what you're doing and he WILL notice eventually. Maybe once a month let him know how much you've saved to date ;) That will be sure to get his attention :laugh: :lol: Enjoy the spreadsheeet!

Carmigirl

Sep 6, 2013
Illinois
I've tried educating my husband but when I'm vaping he's always questioning me on the health aspect, is it going to hurt the birds in the house blah blah blah......this is for me. I am achieving a great accomplishment for me! Keep doing what you're doing and congratulations!

Funny, he never ever griped about my smoking and he's a non smoker! I can't stand the smell anymore.....thank you God!

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL

I understand his concern,,,,,,,,

i quit smoking once for SEVEN years,,,,,,,

it took one stressful time period (very, very VERY stressful) and a glass of wine with a friend who smokes,,,,

and it was all over.

However,,,,,,,I might say to your husband (If I were you)

"You know, Joe,,,,,,,,,,there is always the chance I will go back to smoking,,,,,,I suppose it could happen. I could also get run over by a bus. I'd still like your love and support, because it might make all the difference in the world."

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
The important thing is that you know you've quit. He may be slow, but he'll eventually figure it out.

It's only been two months. A lot of smokers quit for a couple of months or more and go back to smoking, so I can understand him being dubious. It took me more than two months to quit smoking after I started vaping. It took me more than two months after I was smoke-free to really be convinced I would never smoke again, simply because I had tried to quit so many times and it never stuck.

You're doing great, and you are convinced that you won't be smoking again. Yes, it would be nice if he would be more supportive, but you've made it this far without him helping, and you can continue without him helping.

Good job. Congrats on getting off the cigs.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I used some of the advice offered here and had a talk with him....I used the spreadsheet so kindly shared and showed him that even though I have spent about $80 more than I would have on smokes that there is 1 order of juice and my VTR from the co-op that are not even here.
I showed him how vapeing is not as instant as going and buying a pack of smokes..opening and lighting one. (the vendors I prefer to buy juice from take 1-2 weeks to arrive and then need steeping) I may still spend $30 a week on juice for a bit....but then that should drop (half the juices I bought as a noob were not good and some were literally unvapeable so there was some real waste there).
I have my hardware and should only need coils and a tank replacement here and there.
1 ego 650 battery
2 generic 1100 spinner batteries
1 charger for ego batteries (I need to order a back up)
1 generic pass tru for use at computer
1 generic manual mod with 1650 battery and charger(bought used)
2 protanks(bought used)
2 protank minis(bought used)
2 evod tanks
6 extra coils
and my VTR coming soon (batteries, i30s and 5 replacement coils on order also)
I project that I will be at break even with weekly juice purchases in another two months.
I did fall victim to the "new shiny syndrome" in jumping on the co-op BUT it was such a good deal and I wanted to treat myself for quitting smoking. If not for the VTR purchases I would be even now;)

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
KjAthena,

May I suggest that if ya could use sum non-cyber support, drop in on da SUNCOAST VAPERS club meeting. Da October one should be scheduled in da very near future.

Awesome gathering with probably more support than ya can appreciate from dis side of a 'puter!
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread