My iStick 30w is malfunctioning on every level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vict2630

Apr 28, 2016
Okay so i'm very new to vaping and i recently bought an istick 30w which was working with no problems until a couple of days ago. It will not stop firing unless i hold the trigger down and the display wont show anything except for very rarely when i plug it into its charger. moments ago it actually worked but only while in the charger. It is also very two-sided on whether it has full battery or empty as it can show both if it by some miracle decides to display anything. sometimes when i plug it in it will show the usual display but only for an instant.

so will i have to buy a new one or has anyone experienced this before? If anyone has has similar problems, even if not same model, i would appreciate your evaluation.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi vict. You say it will not stop firing unless you hold the trigger down (I take it you mean the fire button)? This sounds very dangerous. So your mod just sits there and fires all be itself? I hope that by now the battery has discharged and you're not in any kind of danger... Whatever you do, do not use that mod. Take it outside, if you can.

Contact your vendor immediately and explain the situation. Depending on the vendor's return/exchange policy, they may be willing to send you a new one and send the bad one back to the manufacturer. You may also try contacting Eleaf/iSmoka directly, if only to let them know that this is happening. They offer a 90-day warranty but only if you buy directly from them.

I haven't seen any reports of iSticks 30 behaving like this, but many about faulty iStick 50s.

Good luck.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
To paraphrase what others are saying... you get what you pay for. The iSticks are generally crap. That said, they're all I use. :)

I get maybe 6 months out of one. Typically, the display starts to go out/get dim and depending on how many times I drop the damn thing, the top piece gets loose, finally separates and falls off. Still I love the little 30w buggers. I bought a bushel of 'em on eBay for $20 each.

I'm quite lazy and have spent an inordinate amount of Mrs. Kodiak's resources looking for something that's tiny, cheap and lasts forever on a single charge. Top it off with a 7ml tank and I literally do nothing but sit around scratching my testicles and vaping for 2 days before any strenuous and exhausting vape maintenance is needed. (Like reaching for a usb cable or squeezing a bottle).

Yep. Very lazy indeed and proud of it.

The iStick 30w has (I think), a 2400mah battery but honestly... I've used 3200mah devices and swear they don't last me half as long. And Eleaf's power regulation is close enough for me these days. (remembering the fiasco of their 20w device).

Reactions: Greenfeet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread