My Nautilus Mini Tank is gurgling really bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon05250

Oct 7, 2014
King, NC, USA
I put a new bvc coil in my Nautilus mini tank and it is gurgling and spitting juice up the mouthpiece really bad. I put one drop of juice on each of the four wick holes and then let the coil sit in the tank for about 20 minutes. After that, there was terrible gurgling and juice spitting. Did I do something wrong? Or is there something that I should have done?

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Sounds like you may have got some liquid in the air channel. Take the tank off of your battery device, wrap a towel around the base of it, turn it upside-down and blow through the mouthpiece. This should clear any remaining liquid that's still in the channel. If the gurgling continues, or returns, you may be using too thin a juice or too low a power setting.

Jon05250

Oct 7, 2014
King, NC, USA
Maybe you pre dripped the coil before you usedi which your supposed to do and then put it upright. My main problem was the top got to and I couldn't get it off. Good luck
Yea I put a drop of juice on all of the wicking holes and then I put my tank upright and let it sit for 20 minutes. I think I just severely flooded it.

Jon05250

Oct 7, 2014
King, NC, USA
Sounds like you may have got some liquid in the air channel. Take the tank off of your battery device, wrap a towel around the base of it, turn it upside-down and blow through the mouthpiece. This should clear any remaining liquid that's still in the channel. If the gurgling continues, or returns, you may be using too thin a juice or too low a power setting.
I will try that. I have it set between 11 and 12 watts. I heard you can't go to a high setting with the mini.

Jon05250

Oct 7, 2014
King, NC, USA
I will try that. I have it set between 11 and 12 watts. I heard you can't go to a high setting with the mini.
The part that confuses me is that after a few minutes of trying to vape on the flooded coil, somehow liquid is finding it's way into the bottom base of the tank where the coil screws into. I don't know why liquid is getting in there.

Reactions: bnrkwest

Downgraded286

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2015
Ohio
I never drip any juice on my coils. I just fill the tank and let it sit for a few minutes.

Try taking the tank apart and blowing through the mouthpiece. Take the coil out, wipe it down, blow through it, get the juice out of there. Rinse the base and dry off if you feel so inclined.

Maybe you flooded it with juice, or maybe you're using too big of an air hole for the wattage you're pushing. I use a Nautilus Mini with my Kbox 40, which starts at 8w and then goes up to 13w, then 20w, then up in 5w increments to 40. At 8w the Nautilus just seems underpowered. It works at 8w with the smallest air hole, but it just... doesn't do it. At 13w, I find it works good on the second air hole. This is where I usually keep it. Sometimes, in short burts, I'll run 20w with the largest air hole. It performs fine here, but I quickly find it to be a bit much and back it down to 13w on the second hole. I've tried 25w, but at this level it seems burnt, even with the largest air hole, so I find 20w to be the maximum.

With widely adjustable mods like these, the first thing I would try if experiencing gurgling issues would be to just turn up the power a little temporarily and see if it goes away, unless it's really bad, I'd take the tank apart and clear it out.

Jon05250

Oct 7, 2014
King, NC, USA
I never drip any juice on my coils. I just fill the tank and let it sit for a few minutes.

Try taking the tank apart and blowing through the mouthpiece. Take the coil out, wipe it down, blow through it, get the juice out of there. Rinse the base and dry off if you feel so inclined.

Maybe you flooded it with juice, or maybe you're using too big of an air hole for the wattage you're pushing. I use a Nautilus Mini with my Kbox 40, which starts at 8w and then goes up to 13w, then 20w, then up in 5w increments to 40. At 8w the Nautilus just seems underpowered. It works at 8w with the smallest air hole, but it just... doesn't do it. At 13w, I find it works good on the second air hole. This is where I usually keep it. Sometimes, in short burts, I'll run 20w with the largest air hole. It performs fine here, but I quickly find it to be a bit much and back it down to 13w on the second hole. I've tried 25w, but at this level it seems burnt, even with the largest air hole, so I find 20w to be the maximum.

With widely adjustable mods like these, the first thing I would try if experiencing gurgling issues would be to just turn up the power a little temporarily and see if it goes away, unless it's really bad, I'd take the tank apart and clear it out.
Yea I tried all of that but it still gurgled and spat terribly so I just threw it away. Maybe it was just too flooded. I'm kinda afraid to try my next coil because it's my last one and I would hate to be without my vape all night.

Downgraded286

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2015
Ohio
Maybe there was a problem with the coil, unfortunately. Just screw the new coil in nice and snug and let it soak up the juice on its own. Don't try filling the coil with juice. These coils already have four quite large holes to draw juice in from. The first juice I tried in my Nautilus when it was new and bone dry was Space Jam Eclipse, which is a thicker juice. I just filled it and let it sit a while and had zero issues. Right now I'm using something even thicker (even says MAX VG on the label) and still no wicking issues. I'm not sure how it would perform with thinner juices as I've never tried that... I pretty much bought it to get the most I could out of my Space Jam Eclipse.

Reactions: Jon05250

Jon05250

Oct 7, 2014
King, NC, USA
Maybe there was a problem with the coil, unfortunately. Just screw the new coil in nice and snug and let it soak up the juice on its own. Don't try filling the coil with juice. These coils already have four quite large holes to draw juice in from. The first juice I tried in my Nautilus when it was new and bone dry was Space Jam Eclipse, which is a thicker juice. I just filled it and let it sit a while and had zero issues. Right now I'm using something even thicker (even says MAX VG on the label) and still no wicking issues. I'm not sure how it would perform with thinner juices as I've never tried that... I pretty much bought it to get the most I could out of my Space Jam Eclipse.
Well I got the coil back out and cleaned it off and I blew a few times pretty hard through the coil and quite a bit of juice just started coming out non stop out of the four wick holes and so far I am having no issues with gurgling or spitting, so I hope that fixed it. Fingers crossed.

Jon05250

Oct 7, 2014
King, NC, USA
Well false alarm. After about 10 pulls it started clogging up and gurgling really bad again. Oh well.

Downgraded286

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2015
Ohio
You say you put a new coil in. This leads me to assume you've used the tank before successfully? Maybe you just got a bad coil unfortunately... unless you changed something else when you changed the coil.

Still, blowing it out seemed to result in limited success. Maybe you're giving it too little power. Maybe it's a higher resistance coil than your old one and requires more power to work right then the old one, or maybe your old one wasn't a BVC coil, and this one works a little differently. Maybe you're giving it too much or too little airflow. Or, maybe it really is just a bad coil.

It's a difficult issue to troubleshoot. There seems to be a lot of separate factors that could cause issues. You've said already that you tried most of the things i suggested, so it could be just a bad coil..
But the fact that you did have some success with it would make me not want to give up on it. A real head scratcher.

Reactions: bnrkwest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread