my only problem with vaping atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a smoker I was only smoking around 1 cigarette per hour and around 1 pack per day. Now that I'm a vapor I feel like I have become a full on nicotine addict. I am basically sitting around vaping constantly all day and night. Oh and when i drink beer i do it even more.

Anyone else have this problem?
And if you make nic calculations it will be more like 3-4packs a day what amount of nic you vape. But then again its pretty rare to see a vaper with high nic juices, most of vapers cut down nic alot. I started at 18-16nic, now i make my own with maximum of 4nic, if i add menthol or stronger flavor then nic is lowered even more.

And nic is pretty similar to coffeine, addictive and body will tell you when its enough. Only thing you must do when you chainvape, drink alot of water as vapor uses alot of water from body(my english is poor so prolly not right words to discribe)

And last, in a not so long time youll wape less and will have a constant juice intake per day. im at 7-10ml per day, if some party then its close to 15-20ml

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
When you first start you will tend to chain Vape more but as you progress it should subside. At least that is what I've found in my case. Also nicotine isn't really as addictive as lead to believe.

Truth About Vaping - Episode 2 "The Nicotine Misconception" | E-Cigarette Forum

If you are chain vaping it might be that your nicotine is to low. I would suggest bumping your nic level up that way you won't have to Vape as much to get that same dosage of nicotine. Then you can cut back down the road once you settle into your new found hobby. Congrats on quitting the 'logs and good luck on your journey. I hope this helps!

kakiser56

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2014
New Hope, PA
I chain vape too when I'm home, cycling through 3 different flavors and taking a few vapes on each one before changing. (Perhaps that's why I destroy my batteries threading!)

You have to remember that you are getting less nicotine than you did by smoking, which could explain it, or maybe you just like the flavors! I started at 18mg but have knocked it down to 6mg, and I'm transitioning to 3mg.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I chain vape like crazy, especially now that I'm trying to drop to 3mg nic. I have a few more bottles of 3, so I'm bouncing between those and my 6mg. If I keep vaping at this rate for the next week, I'm going to keep vaping 6mg for a while yet. I've been off work for 5 days though, so I have lots more time to vape lol.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Nicotine absorption with vaping isn't nearly as effective as with smoking. I read somewhere that you have to vape for 20 mins to get the same nic as you'd get from smoking for 5 mins (or numbers very close to that).

I chain vaped like a mad woman the first few weeks, then I calmed down.

What gear are you using, and what's the nic level in your juice?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Cigs have MAO Inhibitors added to them to slow down the nic absorption into the brain allowing you to go an hour between smokes. Juice does not have this added so the nic is absorbed faster, hence the chain vaping to keep the nic itch at bay.
I am no expert but I think you have the effect backwards. Smokes have added chemicals to get it to your pleasure receptors faster.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
my only problem with vaping atm..........

I can't figure out how to vape in my sleep..........

I personally quit worrying about it. I don't do heavy flavors, but I have pretty much been a chain vaper since I started and that was with 24mg , 41/2 years later I'm down to about 6-8 mg and still chain vaping, and I still feel better then I ever did smoking. If I'm awake and not preoccupied there's a mod in my hand

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I'd rather chain vape than go back up to a stronger juice. I know 3mg isn't really cutting it so I just ordered a few more 6mg bottles. But I'm still gonna chain vape the hell out of my 3mg lol.
Since nicotine isn't the bad guy we always assumed it was, I don't see an issue with it anymore.

Did ya know vitamins b3 or niacin is a nicotine based chemical?

They changed the name so the research wouldn't be discredited. It is nicotinic acid.

And guess what niacin may actually prevent some forms of cancer they are finding out.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I had the exact same situation and concerns when I started vaping. Not just me, but family members also commented that I seemed to be hitting the vape more then the cigs. So I went to simple math for a comparison (NOTE: This does not take into consideration the variances of actual nicotine absorption because, frankly, I don't really care). And the results are:

When I smoked that up to a pack a day, I only smoked outside....about 1 per hour. I actually kept track for a bit and found that I would take +/- 15 pulls on each smoke, or +/- 15 pulls per hour. Eventually, I got a mod with a puff counter and started keeping track. Some days going over 300 and others around 225. Imagine that! Pretty much like smoking, a pack one day and another only 15. That compared to the +/- 270 puffs on the cigarettes per day pretty much makes it a wash.

The only difference for me? Smoking equates to +/- 15 puffs in about 6 minutes. Vaping equates to +/- 15 puffs in an hour, or every 4 minutes making it appear as though one is actually continuously hitting the vape. But that every 4 minutes is just an average as I may take 2 or 3 puffs in a few minutes and then none for the next 15 or 20, which still appears continuously to us and others. I still step outside on occasion with my vape, but instead of 15 puffs, I take 3 or 4 in the 10 minutes I am out there.

To me, it pretty much comes down to don't sweat the small stuff. I'm still not smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread