My package is going the WRONG way!

Discussion in 'Liberty Flights' started by trouble2k, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trouble2k

trouble2k Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have never seen this route being taken on any of my packages from Liberty Flights. It's always gone from San Diego to Billings?? Tracking ID: 420591019405510200793226589348

Detailed Results:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Processed through Sort Facility, January 30, 2011, 1:39 am, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35222[​IMG]Processed through Sort Facility, January 28, 2011, 6:25 pm, LAS VEGAS, NV 89199[​IMG]Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 28, 2011[​IMG]Processed through Sort Facility, January 27, 2011, 8:19 pm, SAN DIEGO, CA 92186

Any chance this is the wrong package?? Order #18052

2. ImYourSalt

ImYourSalt Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

I can look into it at the office manana. Email me here: Ty@Liberty-Flights.com with the details

thanks
    Ty

3. trouble2k

I'll wait and see if it's starts heading back this way. The tracking id has my zip code in it, so it's more than likely USPS error. Pretty big one, though.

4. Abe

Abe Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Get this, we shipped an order to Australia but it went to Canada first, they shipped it back then it got shipped to the correct place in Australia. It seems there are two regions with the same name; one in Canada and one is Australia and for some reason, it went to the Canada one first of all! You would have thought the country name was a bit indicate to which continent it was suppose to go to.

5. trouble2k

And, it has finally arrived in town:) Hopefully in the my mailbox today. I'll contact you if it looks like anything's wrong. It's too bad you couldn't get partial refund on postage when they mess up like this.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, February 01, 2011, 9:29 pm, BILLINGS, MT 59101
    Processed through Sort Facility, January 31, 2011, 6:28 pm, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35222

6. pkj

pkj Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been following this thread. Dying to know if you actually have it in your hands. Please update.

Paula

7. kilgoretrout

kilgoretrout Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That UK to Australia trip (via Canada) was funny as hell when it happened. Not funny for that poor dude who was waiting and watching his stuff travel around the world, tho. :laugh:

I just had a package a couple weeks ago that took a strange trip. Left Baltimore (I'm about 1.5hrs to the north) and it went all the way out to Philadelphia..... then back to Harrisburg PA... then south to me. Not sure why, but it still only took a couple days. They usually go straight from Baltimore to Harrisburg.
    Hell, I even had one last week that said it was processed through a sort facility a day BEFORE the electronic shipping info was received. lol.
    Oh well, the USPS is still pretty awesome imo.

8. tybin

tybin ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    lmao. i had that happen to me with a non lf package recently. it ended up in alaska. go figure :)

9. btngchck

btngchck Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Good ole usps.....this has happened to me as well, with both LF and non LF packages.....

Did you get your package all in one piece?

10. Vanisle

Vanisle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My package must be on a special voyage as well. USPS has not updated the status of it since the 22nd of Jan when it left San Diego. I am sure all is fine but I was hoping that USPS would update the status better than Canada Post which is horrible most of the time.

Oh well I guess I just patiently wait and stalk the mailman every day until it is delivered.:D

11. Abe

It shouldn't really be called tracking outside of the US. We are still searching for the perfect way to ship to Canada :(

12. trouble2k

Well, I did get my package. It was pretty tattered and torn on the outside, but everything inside was still in one piece:)

It looks like someone may have actually sat on it. One of the corners was completely ripped open, so I'm surprised some of it didn't fall out. Thanks for making sure my goods were secured so well!

13. Vanisle

Abe, as long as Canada Post is involved you will never find a perfect way to ship here.:laugh:

As long as it get here thats all that really matters to me.

14. Vanisle

I posted in another post but I just have to do it again.

It's Here!!!

15. Stifle

Stifle Super Member ECF Veteran

Glad you got your order, finally!!!

I have a better solution though, move to San Diego, walk in and pick up your order...I'm telling you..it's worth it :p

16. btngchck

btngchck Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That is such a good idea stifle......however, know anybody that's hiring?

Glad everybody got their packages safe and sound (ok not so sound).......

17. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Abe, the "tracking" number we get with our packages is not really for tracking purposes, it's delivery confirmation. I talked with the folks at my PO some time ago and I was told that they don't really "track" those packages, they scan them along the way, or not, but it's not real tracking. Just FIY.

I had a package sent to me (in California) from Chicago stuck for three days on some cursed conveyor belt in Orlando, FL, for three days.

Please don't ask me why it's called a tracking number.

18. Portugal Barry

Portugal Barry Senior Member ECF Veteran

I think I've cracked this one for you Abe.
    If you are in the US and want to send it to Canada, just address it to Portugal!
    David at Super-T sent my order on the 7th and 3 days later it arrived at the customs.
    Unfortunately it was the Canadian customs and I live in Portugal. Only a few thousand miles away.
    But at least it got to Canada.
    Now I wait and see what they do next???

19. Abe

lol barry! Well, not lol at the super t stuff going missing because that is :( but ending up in Canada? That is crazy.

20. Portugal Barry

Portugal Barry Senior Member ECF Veteran

Think it was a screw up on the tracking number! Well the customer in Canada hopes it was as well.:oops::laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.