Status
Not open for further replies.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Two 3/4" pieces of plywood glued together. Had the scrap in the house. I'm using a Dremel to do a few spots each night until done. Little project. No real cost here.

Attachments

• 20150407_191200.jpg
    20150407_191200.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 20150407_191155.jpg
    20150407_191155.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 179

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Rounds are for attys, batteries and juice bottles. Squares are for REOS, battery box, ohm meter, tools.

I've got to find the right Dremel bit for removing this much wood. I need to find a big old cutting/ hollowing bit. That square took about 20 minutes.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys!

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I think supertrunker is saying to use a drill to hog out most of the wood, then use a chisel to 'clean up' the square.(edit: I didn't look at page 2 prior to post!) A forstner bit would work best if you have one.

A router type bit on your Dremel should work, such as this one: 654 1/4" Straight Router Bit / Model: 654

Ideally, cutting out the shapes with a jigsaw and drill in the top layer prior to gluing would be easier, if you decide to make another someday.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Pffft, atty stands are for Brits. Us rednecks clean em out and put em away when not in use :)

In reality if my wife saw them all on display she'd likely get suspicious :)

Now there's a counterintuitive comment if I've ever seen one... a Reo not in use. ;)

Jif has inspired though. My wood shop is buried in storage... but I may be able to find one of the routers and bits for it, and an orbital sander/pads. Have some really nice exotic wood there too that could be transformed into a "desk organizer" for all my Reos. Can't get to/use the saws so would have to take the selected wood to somebody to cut it down to size, but that would be well worth the effort/cost.

Right now all my Reos are lined up like ducks in a row... or as the adjutant would say in boot near a half a century ago... "nutz and buttz". Six of them are in a small lined thin wood box I had that was the right size to keep them from tipping over, the others cuddling both ends of it for at least some security. Solid security for all of them has a much better ring to it. But it's an idea that does evoke a quandary... how many Reos to make it for. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread