My Preliminary Review of Kissbox Classic/Just Got It

Discussion in 'Standard E-Cigarette Reviews' started by NerdyCinderella, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NerdyCinderella

NerdyCinderella Super Member ECF Veteran

Out of the box

Smells like and taste like that “new car smell." It's ruining my appreciation of this ecig. I suspect it will go away.

First experience of that hissing sound when one inhales – annoying

I’m not sure if I’m suppose to charge the battery 16 hrs if one uses the USB connector, however it seems to work right away. I sent an email to Ludo to check on this.

The inhaling experience is so easy, it’s not fun. It feels like the vapor is lighter also (psychological?).

The automatic turn-off feature stops me from taking satisfying drags. I suppose this is good for the atomizer.

The Janty cartridges fit the NJoy which I went right back to smoking.

Forgot One: In place of the LED most ecigs have, Janty has a little rubber cap which was dislocated when I opened the box and won't stay on when I place it there!

Look for revisions as I settle in on this new ecig.

2. RatInDaHat

RatInDaHat Peace, I'm outta here Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm actually glad someone isn't jumping up and down, singing their praises. Sometimes when everyone is happy, it isn't very believable.

Curious how it'll do for you. Keep us posted.

-Dusty-

3. trog100

trog100 Moved On ECF Veteran

a refreshing change nerdy.. keep up the reporting.. all this gee wow whizz stuff aint very believable as rat says..

trog

4. leaford

leaford Supplier Services Provider ECF Veteran

Yeah, yeah. Just wait, guys. Wait until her batteries are fully charged, wait untill she gets out the new e-cig taste, wait until she's tried both automatic and manual switches. Then you'll hear her sing its praises to the heavens!! Hallelujah, Sister!! Can I get a witness?? :D :D :D

5. NerdyCinderella

IT'S STILL POSSIBLE FOLKS! I'll give you that leaford.

BTW, leaford do you know if I'm suppose to charge the battery I'm using on the USB for 16 hrs?

Another question leaford. I see you used the description above "automatic and manual switches." I thought there were suppose to be 2 switches but there is only one. The 2nd atomizer has just a tiny, tiny little red light on it. It's not a switch. What you say?

Thanks

6. kessel113

kessel113 Full Member

the usb batterie will charge in 3 hours
    the automatic switch has a small red led

7. karenwest1961

karenwest1961 Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm gonna wait til your stuff gets charged up and you've been smokin' it a couple of days. :D Then I'll read some more.

By the way, how long did it take to get to you from the time you ordered it? I'm still waiting.

8. NerdyCinderella

11 Days which includes the weekends.
    I received confirmation of my paypal payment on 5/30 7 PM. Just received it this afternoon.

9. NerdyCinderella

So one doesn't have to charge both batteries 16 hrs. I would assume if I use the one I have on my USB as a regular ecig, I'd have to charge it 16 hrs? Do you follow that?

Also you are driving me crazy describing an automatic switch and LED. It's a hole in the barrell the size of a needle point, right? If I'm being too pedantic, I just want to assure myself something isn''t missing.

Ok, folks USB has been on for 3 hrs now but the "new car taste" is still there and is absolutely horrid!

Thanks kessel

10. sanneke

sanneke Moved On

I really do not understand the "new car" taste....
    What kind of cartridges did you order?

When you hook the kiss up to your PC or computer you don't need an other battery.
    Your PC is acting as your battery, so no need to charge.

I don't understand how you can charge that anyhow.

11. karenwest1961

karenwest1961 Super Member ECF Veteran

New car taste? Hmm...are YOU smokin' Oriental flavor?

12. shawnp1

shawnp1 Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

lol if only i could have the new car smell again. i could use a new ride. lol

13. NerdyCinderella

[​IMG] Thanks sanneke.
    It takes me a while to catch on some times I just realized that the 2nd battery used for the USB is permanently connected with a long wire that has the USB plug at its end. (Oh and it is a battery. Ludo just emailed me back and said never leave it alone/unsupervised cause with the battery, electrical activity occurs.

Regarding the "new car taste/smell' It is a strong chemical like smell. Maybe something like linoleum or I think in office buildings when there's new carpets laid it can smell like that.

Anyhow, I'm using a coffee flavor. However, I put the same flavor in my NJoy and it is just fine.

14. leaford

OK, by "switch" I mean the part which switches the atomizer on and off. It's the small section that screws onto the battery on one end and onto the atomizer on the other. There are two of them. One is automatic, meaning that you just have to suck on it and it automatically switches the atomizer on and off. There is no literal switch on that one, the switching is done by a microchip and pressure sensor inside just like in the traditional batteries. It has a tiny led, which looks like a speck when it's off. The other is a manual switch. That one does have a literal switch, a push button. There is no led on it. That one's my favorite, because it adds the element of control the regular automatic batteries don't have.

As to how long to charge them, I'm not sure. The manual says they only need 1 hour, and I think I've heard Ludo confirm it. Maybe when I get my new ones I'll try that, but I charged my first ones for 8 hours. Someone on here, I forget who, said 16 hors, then use for 20 minutes, then another 4 hours. I'm not sure about that, but I've never done it, and doubt I'd ever have the patience to.

15. Ludo

Ludo Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

The "new car" taste should go away after a few days, if not check your atomizer and see if there's any sort of cotton threads on it, if so, remove them. Or wash the atomizer, blow through it and let it dry (use hairdryer), if new car taste persists it is the cotton threads and you might not be able to reach it in which case we'll have to send you a new atomizer. Try the NJOY atomizer with the JANTY KISS parts, it should fit: taste normal right? So it is your atomizer and it is probably the threads of the cotton tissue (this cotton tissue you will find in any atomizer, it absorbs the liquid, keeps it from dripping away, but during assembly this might have not been placed well or cut off well and the result is that the cotton tissue touches the heating element and therefore you get this taste).

About the little LED light in the "atomizer", this is not an atomizer it is the manual switch. Download the manual at http://ruyanxpress.com/manuals.php for info and pics of different parts

16. NerdyCinderella

Thanks leaford. Yes what you wrote about 16 hrs, smoke 20 min and then recharge 4 hrs is a direct quote from the instruction manual.

And thanks for validating my impression of the so-called automatic switch.

17. NerdyCinderella

Thanks Janty.
    I do have the manual and read it all but I know I have to reread things to get a good understanding.
    I'm finally catching on to this new-fangled what-a-ma-call-it. After all, it's only been 5.5 hrs since I had it.
    I'm going to first wait a couple of days for the smell and taste to go away before I attempt any manipulations.

18. leaford

My mistake; you're right, that is from the manual. Wonder how I got that wrong? :oops:

19. sanneke

sanneke Moved On

Also look at the little box right above the USB plug, there's an "off" and "on" button.
    Make sure to turn it to "on".
    Makes a BIG difference.
    !!!!

20. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Cindy, you and I both need "E-Smoking for Dummies."

a. Connect the whatchamacallit to the thingymajiggy as shown in Fig. 1.

b. The doodad needs to be "on" as shown in Fig. 1c.

c. Suck on End B as shown on YouTube.

Congrats on getting one. I'm envious. Keep us posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.