My PV Was the Hit of a Wedding Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
So last night I was at my cousin's wedding reception. Normally when I'm in public, I use my cig-a-likes since I'm not noticed as much (I don't like being the center of attention). But instead I chose to bring my Vision Spinner with a Kanger Protank and loaded it up with some five pawns Grandmaster.

My brother and sis-in-law wouldn't leave me alone. They kept stealing it from me and kept going on and on about how great it was (I know...not very hygienic, but thankfully I have a pretty strong immune system). ;) My brother chews tobacco, and he said that something like this could actually get him to stop chewing. Others kept commenting on the great smell. No one seemed to care or give me a hard time that it looked like I was sucking on a screwdriver. I also had great conversations with a number of people (all non-smokers) about how great e-cigs are, and I was able to share with them how I quit smoking using them.

In short, I think that I'm going to be more open with my PV use, and I'm finally ready to ditch the cig-a-likes in public places. It's been over four years since I started vaping, so it's a little surprising that it's taken me this long to get to the point of being free with my PV use in public...but as a lady I just always thought that it looked 'silly' for me to be puffing on a big battery. Thankfully, it's becoming more commonplace and people are becoming more accustomed to seeing it. In the end, maybe it's just my age (almost 40) where I just don't care anymore. ;)

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
good story!
i have been pleasantly surprised lately from the supportive reactions i have gotten from strangers about my vaping.
i work at a bar/grill and keep my egos and cigalikes in a large oversized coffee cup. i have about seven different flavors ready to go. it's quite the conversation starter.

nice to hear there are other parts of the country where people are more receptive than not.
then i noticed your right over there in Sconny.

vape on and cheesehead regards
:vapor:
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread