My story, and why not to start vaping if you're not a smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
^ The sad thing is, that I like the smell of analogs too, not only the taste. And as I wrote earlier, vaporized nicotine makes my heart go funny, and it really freaks me out. But I might try some 6 mg juice, or even make it lower, just to feel that I vape something, and see how it goes.

I'm no doc but know many things can make heart go funny. Like starting or weening from caffeine, nic, etc. Can take body a few months to adjust to consumption changes.

You like smell of analog smoke? That's a tough one. For your lung's sake I hope you can avoid inhaled smoke. Any satisfaction from no inhale cigar or pipe?

PeppermintPatty

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
California
Considering the title to the OP, I expected to hear some horror story relating to a non-smoker becoming a nicotine fiend.. How misleading that was :p

As a non smoking 0% vaper, I was expecting the same thing... to hear a slow decline into nicotine oblivion. The title is a bit misleading, and the OP was a former smoker when he started vaping it seems. To me, a former smoker *is* different than a non smoker, who has never smoked a cigarette (like me) or maybe tried one once or twice and did not continue for whatever reason. It sounds like to OP really enjoys a good smoke, and has known that for a while :)

OriginalityIsDead

Nov 24, 2013
Ohio
The best and closest tobacco style flavor I've had that's really enjoyable is called Marlboro. At my local vapeshop, it apparently accounts for over 70% of their total sales, according to the cashier who I bull.... with while I'm there. Try playing with your PG to VG mix too, you can get thicker clouds or more flavor depending upon your mixture. Look it up, I forgot the exact brand but I should figure any other would be close enough. Also, while I don't know much about tanks and tips, as I'm still fairly new, what you have CAN have an effect on how full your flavor tastes, and how hot you can take your vapor without burning the wick. Experiment a little, I'm sure if you give it time and test some stuff you'll find something you're happy with. And I completely understand your position too, I still have an occasional cig as well, especially when I'm out of juice like I am now. It's not too bad as long as you aren't burning through a pack a day and chain-smoking. Typically, I use my vape for my nicotine fix if I feel the need, and I smoke for pleasure. I think I have a fairly happy medium going for me, at least that's how it is when I CAN vape, ha.

tola

Feb 26, 2014
California, USA
On the original title: I'm not a smoker, but I've been stressed with work lately and decided to look into things like nicotine for relaxing. I think it's good that I don't try cigs and try nico in vape form. BUT before you all jump on me, I haven't tried it yet. I bought some kava pills today and only took one at 3 pm today. I think I felt a little calm like 10 minutes later. I'm gonna look into vaping kava juice.

I'm too much of a sissy to get addicted to nicotine anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xenon

Jun 15, 2013
Romania
Sorry for the missleading title, but I was a little tired when I made this thread. :) Still, casual smoking is not really smoking for me. I mean I never smoked a cigarette when being alone but in the last few days, I felt like doing it, and really didn't want to. And that would pretty much start me smoking. That's why I'm searching for some good flavors. I already found a nice thread about Inawera flavors, and a guy there said that Taboo, and Tuscan Garden smell ashy. So I'm gonna order both, and maybe a menthol, and some simple tobacco, and see what i can do with them.

Anyway, thanks for being this helpful, guys, really didn't expect it :D

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
That really does sound like the sneaky and insidious addiction of cigarettes with all their carious addictive components have finally caught up to you. I think most of us started as casual smokers and 40 years later here we are. Want2Vape has Morley and Rock Star which are cigarette style juices and if you look up the NETTY awards I believe there is a cigarette category in there that may be helpful.

Sorry for the missleading title, but I was a little tired when I made this thread. :) Still, casual smoking is not really smoking for me. I mean I never smoked a cigarette when being alone but in the last few days, I felt like doing it, and really didn't want to. And that would pretty much start me smoking. That's why I'm searching for some good flavors. I already found a nice thread about Inawera flavors, and a guy there said that Taboo, and Tuscan Garden smell ashy. So I'm gonna order both, and maybe a menthol, and some simple tobacco, and see what i can do with them.

Anyway, thanks for being this helpful, guys, really didn't expect it :D

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
No offense to the guy who posted above but ry4 is usually very sweet. I've been recommended Chinese juices like hangsen and dekang which I was told ry1 is smoky. I have yet to try it. Sorry I'm not much help. I'm looking for the same kind of juice. Just don't get ry4. It's a very sweet blend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, at least, when my taste buds returned, the last thing I wanted was something that tasted like an ashtray. But Thats what a lot of folks seem to want. I understand that, though. Go to what is familiar. I love the smell and taste range that is available in vapor and not in smoke.
Hi there, welcome to ECF.

Sorry to say that the smoky taste your chasing does not exist.

Vapor just doesn't taste like smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread