My Von Erl

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Totally different experience compare to a standard tank.

eEfmSnSjrNrIfJ05jwv4gx0cWB4Le2WCXs3F6sL7olkkuObEfSS0byHKcDx7xA3Po-0xZrXwFFJy2w=w2560-h1440-no

Admins, could you please open a separate sub-forum to discuss closed systems? Thanks.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
I thinks it's a great vape but that [Removed] pod....... We now have a ton of refillable tank why pod......
Fool and leak proof. Very light, can vape it hands-free. Convenient when I need a quick (and stealth) nicotine fix. BTW, pods are refillable (watch Q's youtube) but IMO it defeats the purpose. For me it's just an addition to what I already have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: David Wolf

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Its a company using upcoming regs to introduce a device that gets you back on the tether.

Like tobacco companies get cig money every few days, this is a way tonchain you to a company and require you to keep buying their products.

We are all ex smokers.
We should all recognize this tactic.

Do not fall for this scam from any company.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Its a company using upcoming regs to introduce a device that gets you back on the tether.

Like tobacco companies get cig money every few days, this is a way tonchain you to a company and require you to keep buying their products.

We are all ex smokers.
We should all recognize this tactic.

Do not fall for this scam from any company.

Well, then clearomizers are also scam. Same as modern printers, you have to buy ink cartridges.
But my life doesn't revolve around "do-it-yourself-everything" concept. If I can afford, then why not.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Well, then clearomizers are also scam. Same as modern printers, you have to buy ink cartridges.
But my life doesn't revolve around "do-it-yourself-everything" concept. If I can afford, then why not.

Why?

Why waste money on an inferior product and sacrifice quality and cash for convenience?
I work for my money so I pay attention to how it is spent.
Dont sell youself short...especially on something that is so obviously profit oriented?

Its really not that convenient.
With an RTA like the Bellus for example, i change wicks every few weeks.
I change coils every few months.

I DIY juice so I get far far higher quality at about $0.03 per ml.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I'd be really interested in these for the short out and about stints.
Pods are easily refillable.

Well the video is wrong about capacity, it is only 1.6ml, not 2ml or 2.5ml, I know because I measured. Also putting the bottom back on like Q did, it might not seat properly and will flood, trust me here, had it happen several times. Here is a post I made in another thread with pictures (just to save me time from doing it all over again).
Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

It is a nice and portable little device. It has its place in my hoard of equipment. :D

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well the video is wrong about capacity, it is only 1.6ml, not 2ml or 2.5ml, I know because I measured. Also putting the bottom back on like Q did, it might not seat properly and will flood, trust me here, had it happen several times. Here is a post I made in another thread with pictures (just to save me time from doing it all over again).
Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

It is a nice and portable little device. It has its place in my hoard of equipment. :D

Thanks for the info Burnie. :)

Reactions: Burnie

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Just got a "dry hit" and decided to re-fill. I know, that was not the reason to buy it in the first place, but I'm a hobbyist after all :)

The "disassemble" part was pretty straight forward

m1NtpAxDhwKZUCW7vsXZ3XSkeuODVnjxIhbCqMEaW1A_cgVPJIyxtrJIrmKsXrkQeQXs0749EAd-8Q=w2560-h1440-no

Quick rinse and back to fill

JOMDHWmaQZDh64vlmzdBcTyXHGN2ooV7-QhKqp4bO8cx_535eJNBa5pd0hOCivziy5FVzbadeol7gA=w2560-h1440-no

Burnie is right, the pod holds 1.6 ml of juice.

No leaking so far.

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Just got a "dry hit" and decided to re-fill. I know, that was not the reason to buy it in the first place, but I'm a hobbyist after all :)

The "disassemble" part was pretty straight forward

m1NtpAxDhwKZUCW7vsXZ3XSkeuODVnjxIhbCqMEaW1A_cgVPJIyxtrJIrmKsXrkQeQXs0749EAd-8Q=w2560-h1440-no

Quick rinse and back to fill

JOMDHWmaQZDh64vlmzdBcTyXHGN2ooV7-QhKqp4bO8cx_535eJNBa5pd0hOCivziy5FVzbadeol7gA=w2560-h1440-no

Burnie is right, the pod holds 1.6 ml of juice.

No leaking so far.
Work that little plastic thing out and put it on top of the coil before refill, trust me, sometimes, but not all the time, it won't seal properly if you don't. And congrats on your first refill. :D

Reactions: David Wolf

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Why?

Why waste money on an inferior product and sacrifice quality and cash for convenience?
I work for my money so I pay attention to how it is spent.
Dont sell youself short...especially on something that is so obviously profit oriented?

Its really not that convenient.
With an RTA like the Bellus for example, i change wicks every few weeks.
I change coils every few months.

I DIY juice so I get far far higher quality at about $0.03 per ml.

Thankfully, these companies realize there IS a market for these kinds of systems as there are many who don't want to fiddle with rebuildables. Like it or not, they're here to stay and will be used by many with excellent results.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Work that little plastic thing out and put it on top of the coil before refill, trust me, sometimes, but not all the time, it won't seal properly if you don't. And congrats on your first refill. :D

Burnie, do you mean that little plastic "chimney" in between the coil and the metal tube? Here is what I did: removed the base, pulled out that little plastic "chimney", attached it to the base first, filled with juice and then pushed the base back into the pod. Surprisingly the pod has survived the surgery and everything works fine for now.

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Burnie, do you mean that little plastic "chimney" in between the coil and the metal tube? Here is what I did: removed the base, pulled out that little plastic "chimney", attached it to the base first, filled with juice and then pushed the base back into the pod. Surprisingly the pod has survived the surgery and everything works fine for now.
Yep, that is what I meant. In Q's video he did not pull out the "little plastic chimney" (or the guy in the other video i watched), sounds like you did it right. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: thetrucker

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Thankfully, these companies realize there IS a market for these kinds of systems as there are many who don't want to fiddle with rebuildables. Like it or not, they're here to stay and will be used by many with excellent results.

Like it?
It doesnt affect me.

I have no emotional/ financial investment either way.
I will however do my part, being a decent honorable person, to inform others of their options and how cost effective some are.

The more you know, the more you grow.

These closed systems, proprietary connections, etc have always been marketing and sales strategy.

Didnt you mention this yourself in a discussion about FDA regulations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread