My Von Erl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
Just a couple of general comments about the von erl pods, unrelated to the questions about refilling them. Brand new (I've purchased from Vapory shop filled with Cuttwood tobacco Trail and Vapor Cloud filled with their own liquids), the pods tend to be leaking in the package and do sometimes leak in use even if not refilled. Also the pods come without any kind of tamperproof wrapping, just those silicone caps, which is a little disconcerting. Just want the mfr to know.

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
So what I'm calling drooling or dribbling is what you all are calling flooding?
That's what it sounds like to me.

What are you rinsing it with? How to clean these things?
I rinse with water mostly. If it is badly gunked, I use PGA (or Vodka), then rinse with water.

Also is there a way to clean the coil and wick section
That is the hard part of cleaning. The PGA will remove some gunk, but a dry burn or coil/wick replacement works better, but is a lot harder to do with the way the device is designed. Something I have done, but hard to explain how to do. :(

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
Nice! Works like a charm now, or so far so good anyway.
I spoke too soon. It's much better with the "grommet" fix but still kind of spitting back, or more like misting back now.

Note I am making a distinction between spitback and leaking. The grommet fix in refilling improved the spitback problem a lot (not completely) but the Von Erl pods still leak big time. They are usually already leaking, brand new, when you unwrap them, and they leak in use even if not refilled. Any time you pull the pod out of the device it's coated with liquid and sometimes the liquid is leaking to the outside, evident at the edge where the pod meets the device. It seems to be come from the top of the pod, just below the mouthpiece but not sure.

Last edited:

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
Another problem with Von Erl is the pods are not factory wrapped, and are definitely not factory-sealed in any tamperproof way. Just a couple of silicone caps on both ends of the pod. Things like this make you wonder if the "Wild West" reputation of vaping wouldn't be helped a bit by some level of . . . dare I say it . . . regulation.

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    What the heck is a "dry burn"?
    Its where you heat the coil with no cotton until it glows, thus making it easy to remove any gunk.

Do this by placing the deck in a empty pod without the grommet and vaping on it as normal a few times without inhaling, usually until it tastes of nothing.

Reactions: Burnie

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
    Jul 22, 2011
    USA
    Another problem with Von Erl is the pods are not factory wrapped, and are definitely not factory-sealed in any tamperproof way. Just a couple of silicone caps on both ends of the pod. Things like this make you wonder if the "Wild West" reputation of vaping wouldn't be helped a bit by some level of . . . dare I say it . . . regulation.

The boxed is sealed and each pod is wrapped in plastic. You must have older pods? I've order like 16 boxes now from Electronic Tobacconist... Cuttwood and MVE filled. All wrapped :)

[IMG_20170120_230334.jpg](IMG_20170120_230334 — Postimage.org)

Last edited:

Ben85

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    The boxed is sealed and each pod is wrapped in plastic. You must have older pods? I've order like 16 boxes now from Electronic Tobacconist... Cuttwood and MVE filled. All wrapped :)

[IMG_20170120_230334.jpg](IMG_20170120_230334 — Postimage.org)

These are the ones I have. Not a drop of leakage with any of them. I have read some have had issues with that.

Reactions: DawnBella

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
    Apr 4, 2015
    Port Huron, MI, USA
    Friend got a Von Erl she likes her Juul better. So borrowing it lol probably buy it from her. But man do i hate most of the flavors. She had green apple, pina c. and something else and just not my thing. Opened the pod up and put in some circus bear and then some peanut butter jelly. Not bad for a little device I really like it. Convience of it has won me over so tiny and portable and gives a decent enough hit to allow me to feel it and get some taste. I have to say i was leary bought a icare a while back and flavor is so mute on it drives me insane. This is not to bad still eyeing the cync also cheap enough probably buy that for the hell of it.

So far tho really digging it. I'm tiring of carrying around my single battery mods with a tank to work etc. So this really seems to fit the bill.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    I've noticed when I'm not using a very high nic I can take long draws that might lead to a dry or burnt hit.. I think higher nic = shorter pulls / Throat hit. I have no problems with dry/Burt hits with 24mg nic. I saw on this thread that it is possible to use a mesh wick so I gave it a try..

1st time ever using mesh on any device. No flooding, it vapes well, but flavor is a little muted. Not sure if it needs to break in. I'll give it sometime.. No burnt hits / no cotton to burn.

Reactions: David Wolf

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
    Apr 4, 2015
    Port Huron, MI, USA
    I was gonna try my hand at redoing the coil on one of mine. You should do some videos :p lol At first with pods i hated this thing. Refilling my own juice and stuff now i prefer it over anything. But what I've noticed at least for myself is 50/50 works like a champ in this at least for how i hit it. I tested out some mr salt e ry4 in a pod and not bad little high on the nic for me but not bad at all. I might have to order some nic salt and try mixing up some juice for this at a lower level maybe like 12 or somewhere inbetween that 24mg mark.

dansus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    It (MVE) was acting funny for the last couple of days.. I could push on the bottom of the USB port and fire it...kinda like my mech.... it was pretty funny..
    Now it's dead.... oh well....
    The puff switch is at the bottom, by pushing your probably helping to reseal it. Pull it out to see if it can be fixed.

IMG_20170508_010708442_HDR.jpg

@Cosmic_Glaze I re-read your post with brain switched on. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread