MyJet - Wismec

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
What do people reckon to this myjet then?

Are you asking what we think of it?

If you ask @David Wolf or myself. I believe his feelings are similar to mine.

It's the most satisfying POD for MTL in flavor and throat hit and the added bonus of super stealthy.

PODs are way to expensive for what you get, easily rewicked, not reliably rebuildable.

Keep the inside clean with a QTIP since the pods "weep" a bit.

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I am using Nichrome 80 Ribbon Flat Wire 0.5 x 0.1mm

Nichrome 80 - Ribbon Flat Wire

View attachment 631229
I went to order some flat nichrome 80 from Kidney Puncher and somehow ended up with .2mm x .2mm square Nichrome 80, lol. Well, I used it to recoil a myjet pod, it came out at 1.3 ohms, and 6 or 7 wraps (I forget, I will have to look when I take the pod back apart). In any case, though a little hard to get the pins back in, this pod is vaping as well or even better than the original using Cotton Bacon V2 wick. Smooth vape, great flavor. My accident was most fortunate :D

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ok, maybe I'm one of the few still using Myjets, but just in case heres a great deal from Eight Vape:
myjet
Free shipping over $49
Discount code 10OFFNOW for 10% off
(they do charge tax)
Myjet Express Kit $16.99, Myet pods (5 pack) $10.99, BEFORE subtracting the 10% discount!

I'm still right there with you on the MyJet :)

It seems like they go out of stock regularly so either thats a good thing (high sales).... or a bad thing (low production / import).

They need to adjust the price of the PODs though. they should be $5.99-9.99 MSRP

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I just ordered some replacement pods from myfreedomsmokes.com. They were $14.95 and until midnight tonight use the code "remember" to get an additional 20% off. I have used Freedomsmokes and Eight Vapes, both are excellent shops.
That's a good deal, I order from MFS sometimes myself.
I'm still right there with you on the MyJet :)
It seems like they go out of stock regularly so either thats a good thing (high sales).... or a bad thing (low production / import).
They need to adjust the price of the PODs though. they should be $5.99-9.99 MSRP
I agree, empty pots should at least be 10 bucks or less for a pack of 5. I was getting them really cheap then the supplier I used went up to like 18.99. So to get these at $10 a five pack after discount, that's really good.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Ok I've had three Myjets in rotation, 6 months old, 5 mo, and 4 mo old. The batteries in the two newest ones aren't holding a full charge, vape is weak and I've cleaned all terminals. The oldest is still going strong and it's a different style- the one with no air holes visible until I drilled one. Has anyone taken one of these apart? I'm thinking of seeing if I can find a replacement battery... though for the cost of buying a soldering iron I can probably by a new Myjet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread