MyJet - Wismec

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
I have one (V1 I'd guess). I liked it a lot for the occasional stealth puff here and there, minimal vapor, just a nicotine jolt. After a month or so of using it, again, very occasionally, the auto-switch seems to have failed. I bought a 5 pack of empty pods thinking that I'd toasted the pods that came with it. No joy. If anyone can think of a way to bring it back to life, I'd sure like to hear it.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Just got my myjet full kit in today!! Wow, I gotta say I really like it alot! Right now I just put in some njoy classic tobacco 1.5 in it and it vapes great!. My black note did not come in today, so I am waiting on it. I have not ordered extra pods yet, so I am just testing it out. Also, the pods I got in the kit, they do not have the little black nubs that people were saying to shave off with a razor knife! I even put a razor to the side of the pod to be sure, there is nothing to shave!! They are there, but it is smooth to touch where they would fit in. I do not know if it is just this pod, but figured I would tell you guys. I have not tried to re-open it yet, so I am not sure if its still a pain or not. Thought that was interesting though. Anyway, no dry hits thus far, and I love the flavor and the draw. It is instant just like everyone says which put is well above the cync and my von erl in my opinion. I just hope I can get at least a few re-fills out of these since the replacement pods are not real cheap, but having the pcc, I think I finally found a new go to advice. Now i just need to find the perfect tobacco juice for this!

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Just got my myjet full kit in today!! Wow, I gotta say I really like it alot! Right now I just put in some njoy classic tobacco 1.5 in it and it vapes great!. My black note did not come in today, so I am waiting on it. I have not ordered extra pods yet, so I am just testing it out. Also, the pods I got in the kit, they do not have the little black nubs that people were saying to shave off with a razor knife! I even put a razor to the side of the pod to be sure, there is nothing to shave!! They are there, but it is smooth to touch where they would fit in. I do not know if it is just this pod, but figured I would tell you guys. I have not tried to re-open it yet, so I am not sure if its still a pain or not. Thought that was interesting though. Anyway, no dry hits thus far, and I love the flavor and the draw. It is instant just like everyone says which put is well above the cync and my von erl in my opinion. I just hope I can get at least a few re-fills out of these since the replacement pods are not real cheap, but having the pcc, I think I finally found a new go to advice. Now i just need to find the perfect tobacco juice for this!
That's awesome! Glad it's working for you! Sounds like some new pods, where did you get them?

Reactions: Foggy Road

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I don't know if they are different pod or not, but still had to use a flat head to get one apart. Not a huge deal, I think I will just fill a few pods at a time and do that. It is did fall apart bit when i opened it. Everything is fine now though. Really wish they would make these pods easier to open, but so far my only complaint.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I don't know if they are different pod or not, but still had to use a flat head to get one apart. Not a huge deal, I think I will just fill a few pods at a time and do that. It is did fall apart bit when i opened it. Everything is fine now though. Really wish they would make these pods easier to open, but so far my only complaint.
Even when I cut of the tabs, there's still a trick to getting them apart, I pry with my thumbnail on one of the narrow sides of the base until it separates a little, then pry the other narrow side, maybe back and forth again, and then I can pull it apart gently. If its stubborn, I use a coin or something to pry the narrow side out a little first.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Yeah its not a deal breaker. I plan on just filling up a couple pods before I leave for the day. I am going to buy a really small flat had screwdriver and throw it in my vape case. I just love the PCC... makes sure its always at a full charge when I vape it. I will eventually order the express kit just to have an extra battery. I am really hoping I like the black note out of this! That is going to be the toughest part for me again. I have plenty of njoy dailys to get me by until I stock up on pods and find the right juice. I really hope I can get at least 6 refills out of the pods, I am not much into rebuilding etc. Either way it will be cheaper than using njoy dailys all the time as much as I love them. I was just tired of out of stock issues with njoy and spending the money. Even though blacknote is 30 bucks a bottle, this does not seem to consume juice all that fast, so should not be to bad. I also need to order some anolog blend from NET..see how that works to. Now if Juul would only sell their tobacco juice by the bottle lol!

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Yeah its not a deal breaker. I plan on just filling up a couple pods before I leave for the day. I am going to buy a really small flat had screwdriver and throw it in my vape case. I just love the PCC... makes sure its always at a full charge when I vape it. I will eventually order the express kit just to have an extra battery. I am really hoping I like the black note out of this! That is going to be the toughest part for me again. I have plenty of njoy dailys to get me by until I stock up on pods and find the right juice. I really hope I can get at least 6 refills out of the pods, I am not much into rebuilding etc. Either way it will be cheaper than using njoy dailys all the time as much as I love them. I was just tired of out of stock issues with njoy and spending the money. Even though blacknote is 30 bucks a bottle, this does not seem to consume juice all that fast, so should not be to bad. I also need to order some anolog blend from NET..see how that works to. Now if Juul would only sell their tobacco juice by the bottle lol!

I've been using the same pod for probably 20 fills.

I just pull it apart then use a lighter to dry burn the coil (need to be careful not to burn the plastic) then rewick and refill.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Just got my black note prelude (1.8) in today, and I have to say, it is fantastic in the myjet. I have a feeling I found my tobacco juice for now! Even though black note is pricey, it really will not be all that bad using the myjet. Finally I can stop worrying about what I am going to use besides relying on Njoy. Off to order some more pods and more juice!

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
How long is the warranty?

Maybe got some juice down there and dried up, try some switch/pcb spray, might loosen it up.

I don't know how long the warranty is, I've never had much luck pursuing that kind of thing.

I also don't even know where I'd apply switch spray, there doesn't seem to be any way to get it open and the only holes are for ventilation I think.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
David..how are those pods that you got for 6.99 for 5 pack? Just wondering since I need to buy more pods...those are cheap!
I had one pod out of about 7 that gave burnt hits the rest are very good, same as the pods that came with both my Myjet as far as I can tell! I'll only buy those now! I'm rewicking them now using Cotton Bacon and that works great too. On rare occasions if I draw too frequently I will get a slightly burnt taste, I pull the pod to vent it and its fine again, that happened with the ones that came with it as well. I'm quite certain these are the authentic pods I've compared them to the ones that came with my Myjet. One thing I've learned is to use a Qtip to clean the battery at each refill, a small amount of juice gets around the seal area. I love these things but suspect high vg might be a problem due to others comments, I use 80/20 or 70/30 pg/vg.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I don't know how long the warranty is, I've never had much luck pursuing that kind of thing.

I also don't even know where I'd apply switch spray, there doesn't seem to be any way to get it open and the only holes are for ventilation I think.
When one of mine dies I'm going to take it apart​

• Optimistic
Reactions: speksynder

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Update:
I'm still enjoying my MyJets but have had a few problems with burnt taste hits after a refill or two. Typically I get 3 fills (initial fill two refills) before that happens and I take apart, use a lighter to clean the coil, then rewick. This last one, on the first refill I started getting the slightly burnt taste after maybe a dozen hits., took apart, gunked coil and wick. Its not the cotton burning though, i washed it and it came clean, its coil gunk from the juice on the coil and cotton. Shouldn't happen so soon though.

Sometimes I will get slight leakage from a pod I've refilled, so I've changed to using a razor knife to cut off only one tab on each side, diagonally across from each other. This is working well :) Just pry with your thumbnail at the base on one of the sides without the tab, and work it around to remove the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread