MyJet - Wismec

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
Update: I have rebuilt coils multiple times now and here are some of my observations:

1. I am only getting 2 or 3 refills out of the stock coils. This is by cleaning and burning off the gunk. There is less flavor and vapor on the 3rd refill already.
  2. With the Nichrome Flat Ribbon wire I am getting similar results. 3 but at most 4 refills. Flavor and vapor is reduced by the 4 refill.
  3. It's actually easy to build. I pre-coil the wires. And push the coil down the base. 6 or 7 wrap seems to be the ideal coil. I tried 5 and I think it was too hot. 8 did not get enough vapor.
  4. Regardless the stock juice/pod from BeyondVape is amazing. Flavors are just amazing and I have been unable to reproduce the same result. I would consider just buying pods if the price was good. Maybe $10 for 5 pods. Right now they are selling $20 for 4 pods. Too expensive IMHO.
  5. Pods dont last forever, I guess the stress of opening them up multiple times causes the plastic to crack.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Wolf

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
My GF who I gave most of my myJET kits to is only getting a few refills out of the empty POD's before she gets leaks. I need to see how she is opening them to see if maybe I can help with that issue.

Is it a big leak? When I take my pods out of the battery I see moisture, but I wouldn't say it's a leak. I just wipe it and keep going. If I dont vape and leave the pods out. They stay dry.

The way I open the pods is to use something pointy to push in and then up each of the 4 plastic pins holding the base.

20170129_134811.jpg

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
@unkuser not being there I can't say remember I am dealing with my woman and her idea of a big leak and mine are probably two very different amounts. When I opened one I used a pin point scribe and it came apart easily but she was getting a few uses out of them and still is but only 2-3.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
What tank or rda do you guys use that has similar flavor vaping as the myjet?

Since I started vaping I have always thought the flavors were ok with all the coils, tanks, rda that I have used. But after the myjet I have realize that they were all muted. I just can't build something with the same flavor.

The same juice in my Serpent mini is just OK. But it's wonderful in the myjet pod. I tried the same juice in a Kanger Tank, iCare and Geekvape Griffin.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have many tanks from the Nautilus Mini to the Atlantis V2 and I find that higher Ohm coils give nice flavor but I do get a great vape from the Baby Beast and it all boils down to personal preference in my opinion. Although I know some flavors do not taste as good using a high wattage coil or even Temperature control.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
What tank or rda do you guys use that has similar flavor vaping as the myjet?

Since I started vaping I have always thought the flavors were ok with all the coils, tanks, rda that I have used. But after the myjet I have realize that they were all muted. I just can't build something with the same flavor.

The same juice in my Serpent mini is just OK. But it's wonderful in the myjet pod. I tried the same juice in a Kanger Tank, iCare and Geekvape Griffin.
I too find the flavor of my juices much better in my Myjet than I did in my nautilus mini, kabuki clone, or my Triton mini, and even better than in my kayfun clones. I think it might have something to do with the micro coils, about 1.5mm diameter and I think the wire is nichrome (gonna check that when my multimeter arrives I ordered). I'm gonna build a micro coil spaced for my new kf3 mini clone when I get a chance and see how that compares.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
I too find the flavor of my juices much better in my Myjet than I did in my nautilus mini, kabuki clone, or my Triton mini, and even better than in my kayfun clones. I think it might have something to do with the micro coils, about 1.5mm diameter and I think the wire is nichrome (gonna check that when my multimeter arrives I ordered). I'm gonna build a micro coil spaced for my new kf3 mini clone when I get a chance and see how that compares.

I was thinking the same thing. I ordered 28,30 and 32 gauge Kanthal wire for testing. You think it's nichrome? Let me know how your test go.

I have tried clapton and twisted in multiple diameters (1.5mm to 3mm). With 26 gauge wire. Tried 5-8 wraps. So far nothing coming close.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
I have many tanks from the Nautilus Mini to the Atlantis V2 and I find that higher Ohm coils give nice flavor but I do get a great vape from the Baby Beast and it all boils down to personal preference in my opinion. Although I know some flavors do not taste as good using a high wattage coil or even Temperature control.

That's my point. I have had multiple mods. High wattage, dual and single coils and I always thought the flavor was ok. But after trying the same juice inside a myjet pod. The flavor is just incredible. A juice I would rate a 6 in any other device is a 9 or 10 in myjet.

An example is the watermelon menthol I am using now. Incredible in myjet. I am using 26 gauge kanthal, 3mm, 6 spaced wraps running at 0.75ohm the flavor it's so muted. Tried from 15-40 Watts. The best flavor is around 20 watts, but doesn't come close to the myjet

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Just curious does your Myjet have the small hole between the two indentations on the side? I believe that's the latest version which gives just a little more air and decreases dry hits. I have two, one without the hole which gives a little heavier flavor and the one with which I like better for the smoother draw but a tad less dense flavor.

Reactions: SteveS45

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Just curious does your Myjet have the small hole between the two indentations on the side? I believe that's the latest version which gives just a little more air and decreases dry hits. I have two, one without the hole which gives a little heavier flavor and the one with which I like better for the smoother draw but a tad less dense flavor.

Could you provide a picture for me to see what you are talking about?

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
@SteveS45 Here ya go Steve, In both pictures, the one on the left I bought from GotVape in early Dec. 2016, it has the small (~0.5 mm) air hole between the two indentations on the side, its the latest one I bought and I will call that the Myjet V2. The one on the right is the one I bought back in late October 2016 from OriginVape, no air hole on the side (I call this the V1). Also the finish is wearing off so must have a different coating than the V2 I bought from GotVape, it's still perfect. I've actually ordered some micro drill bits and a collar for them from fasttech, when they get here I'm going to drill a small hole in the V1. FYI, the air hole is just slightly above the rubber pod seal in the body of the Myjet.
Click on the thumbnail to see the full size picture:

IMG_0829-s.JPG IMG_0830-s.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Burnie

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I just bought another Myjet Express kit, on sale at Myvaporstore (MVS) for 17.00, with 3.50 shipping that's 20.50 out the door, best price I've found so far, most places are still at the retail $29 bucks. Beyond Vape is also having a sale on Myjet and pre-filled pods if you like those. I buy my empty pods a five pack for 6.99 from GotVape. I do tend to go through pods, maybe one or two refills and I put it aside for rewicking when I get 10 or more of them used.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Strange looking at one I have here it has 3 holes on one side and 2 on the other?
All three holes go all the way through? mine have two indentations on each side, with the V2 having a real hole in between the two on one side. Try poking a needle in there I bet it only goes through the middle hole with the three on one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread