MyJet - Wismec

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
lol Steve! or try a toothpic, or try blowing on the side with two holes and see if any air blows out, mine are definitely not holes other than the 1 in the middle on the V2. I also suspect that there may be some clones or several chinese manufacturers of these, so it could be possible you have one with many holes, if so it must be airy. let us know. If you look at the pics i posted above, you can see that middle hole is darker and goes all the way through, and the others don't.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Beyond Vape has the myjet express kits for 9.99, I got 2 of them for back up batteries. Hoping they are version 2
Not sure where you see that, got a link?

upload_2017-2-17_21-17-37.png

Reactions: David Wolf

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Huh, yeah I ordered earlier today, my total was 21.98 for 2 express kits before shipping. I just went on there and its at 18.99. The re-fill pods were only 9.95 earlier, but said they were out of stock until 2/24, but the price is back to 19.99. I order my refill pods from DFW vapor, 2.49 a piece. Wonder if it was a mistake on their end, and my order made them notice lol

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I am curious what is the original and that is why I was asking! Your going to have me ordering Ni-Chrome and rebuilding the Pods for my sweetie!
My multimeter arrived, I checked the resistance of a couple of myjet pods and it was 1.3 ohms. I compared the wire diameter (by eyeballing) to my Temco Nichrome 80 30AWG and 32 AWG, its smaller than 30, looked close to the 32, however checking Steam Engine, Nichrome 80 31 AWG at 7 wraps, 0.5 mm spaced, gives 1.3 ohms. Kanthal A1 has to be 30 AWG to get to 1.4 ohm with those wraps, and sure its not quite that large, it looks to be between 30 and 32 AWG, which also puts it at 31 AWG Nichrome 80. Temco doesn't sell 31 AWG, so I might buy some elsewhere.
I made two 1.5 mm inside diameter micro coils, 1 using 30 AWG Nichrome 80, 7 wraps spaced, and put it in my new Kayfun V3 clone, came out to 1 ohm, vaped at 7.5 W. The second was 32 AWG Nichrome 80, 7 wraps spaced, came out to 1.6 to 1.7 ohms, put than in my Kanger subtank mini with the V1 RBA deck, vaped at 8W. Put the same NET juice in both, and both give a very good vape but I have to give the KF V3 Mini the edge. Both are much better than the stock 1.8 ohm nautilus coil in a nauty or kabuki clone or triton mini. Not quite as good ad the Myjet, which I am at this point suspecting the tighter draw of the Myjet gives a denser vape and thus a little more flavor. Also I am wondering if the shape of the coil housing and chimney (oblong around the coil width) is a factor.
I like the Nichrome 80 from Temco, no break in needed, clean flavor, easier to work - stiffer and not springy like Kanthal 30 AWG. A thought - I vape 80 pg/20vg, if you vape high VG you will probably want a little larger ID coil, maybe 2 mm, which should help the wicking.

Last edited:
Reactions: unkuser

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Ordered from Got Vape the other day and it is one heck of a good company with great service. Not shipped yet but not 48 hours yet. How long did it take for you orders to be shipped @David Wolf
Ah I don't remember for sure Steve, somewhere around a week to get it maybe from the time I ordered it.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I ordered and sent to my GF's but the billing address is different. Just wondering if it will cause a delay. My CC will be fine with it because I have done it before but if it does get held I will just call and talk to Efron again!
I just looked at my emails, I got a notice my order was fulfilled, and then the package arrived 3 or 4 days I think after that. Did you order the empty pods for 6.99 a five pack? I got my new Myjet from MVS yesterday (my 3rd), it has the V2 air hole, and the pods that came with it vape and look the same as the pods from GotVape. I've never talked to anyone there, but I've ordered from GotVape three times and never a problem.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Well as much as I love the myjet, I'm about done with it. I hacked all my pods and was getting 2 to 3 refills per pod before it went bad. Now, 4 out of the last 5 pods I have only been to use once. As soon as I refill it, nothing but burnt hits. I don't know if I just have a run of bad coils or what, but I refill 2 pods twice a day, and if I can't do that, the pod costs are just going to be more than what I want to spend. Think I am just going to go back to my tarot nano with nauti x tank. I just love the myjet when it wants to behave lol.

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Well as much as I love the myjet, I'm about done with it. I hacked all my pods and was getting 2 to 3 refills per pod before it went bad. Now, 4 out of the last 5 pods I have only been to use once. As soon as I refill it, nothing but burnt hits. I don't know if I just have a run of bad coils or what, but I refill 2 pods twice a day, and if I can't do that, the pod costs are just going to be more than what I want to spend. Think I am just going to go back to my tarot nano with nauti x tank. I just love the myjet when it wants to behave lol.
Well that's not good. The pods don't last long without a rewick, but I usually get 1 refill vaping NETs and 2 or 3 vaping a dyi ice Peppermint. I'm vaping 80pg/20vg alternating two Myjets though so dry hits are less an issue until they really gunk up. I do go through a fair amount of pods though so that's why I buy them from gotvape for 6.99 a 5 pack.

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I placed an order a week ago that has not shipped yet and my GF is having problems with the batteries last I spoke to her.
No battery problems on mine yet. I do swab out the compartment near the pins with a qtip to clean out any juice that is there anytime I replace a pod. I have had a pod not fire but it was a stuck pin I think, just swabbed around it and it worked after that.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
That is if they have them I am still waiting and I spoke to them again and they were going to ship 1 of 3 and promised to send the other 2 packs tomorrow and I said instead of 2 separate just ship them at one time but speed the shipment up! Crossing fingers and toes hoping I get a tracking number tomorrow.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
No battery problems on mine yet. I do swab out the compartment near the pins with a qtip to clean out any juice that is there anytime I replace a pod. I have had a pod not fire but it was a stuck pin I think, just swabbed around it and it worked after that.

I will have to check that next time I have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread