Mythical Fabrications mythbasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Apparently, slow turnaround isn't limited to MF--it's also an issue with some of their customers who want to re-sell their e-pipes, too. ;-)

I bought 2 V1 MF e-pipes (one green acrylic and one pale wood--both 19350) on eBay, and the seller didn't even ship them until almost 2 weeks after the sale was finalized. I got them a week after that. So THREE weeks for an eBay sale to get to my door. I paid literally minutes after the sale closed, and it took 3 weeks to get them to me.

Now, I'm not saying I'm dissatisfied with the sale--the price was an AWESOME deal, and they look great. The button mechanism on the V1 is a little fidgety--you have to hit it just right to get it fire every time, but if you put a dimple in the cap with a drift pin, or put a VapeSafe on top of your battery, they fire 99% of the time you hit the button.

Now as for MF themselves, I ordered 2 Lucite stems, one churchwarden stem, and 2 packs of spare springs the day after I closed this ebay sale, and I have yet to see those items from MF. They sent me an email confirming my order the day after I placed it, but I haven't heard squat from them since--nearly 3 weeks later. I sent them an email today to try and get an update. I think maybe they have to actually drill for the oil themselves to make the lucite or something... ;-)

For a non-regulated mod--and considering my super-bargain-basement price that I paid--I can't complain about the V1. They DO look a little odd with the leather cap, but they vape OK, and garner a lot of comments from other vapers and non-vapers alike.

But to be honest, I'm a REAL fan of regulated mods (My ADVs are a Hana Mini V3 and an eVic), and don't much care for mechs or non-regulated/wired mods. When I buy (or make) another e-pipe it will probably be one with a dna-30 in it...

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Yeah, that sucks top to bottom. Wish you would have chimed in here first before ordering stems and accessories through them, many of us would have directed you elsewhere where you would have gotten a much quicker turnaround.

Best of luck with these pipes dude.

Sounds like you are headed towards a FREIGHT TRAIN MOD. Their cue just opened up this week! I'm just sayin'

Freight Train Mods - Home

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Apparently, slow turnaround isn't limited to MF--it's also an issue with some of their customers who want to re-sell their e-pipes, too. ;-)

But to be honest, I'm a REAL fan of regulated mods (My ADVs are a Hana Mini V3 and an eVic), and don't much care for mechs or non-regulated/wired mods. When I buy (or make) another e-pipe it will probably be one with a DNA-30 in it...

MadVapes now has a kick mouthpiece adapter. The Force Kick Adapter Trouble is, I don't know what ARO means?

Note: The Force will NOT work with devices that are already variable voltage, variable wattage, or regulated. It will not work on the eGo or ARO batteries. This is strictly for mechanical and semi-mechanical mods. Always use safe-chemistry IMR batteries when using The Kick or The Force.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Honestly, if I were you I would look at a 18500. Such a pipe is PLENTY big enough even for sasquatchian hands. ePipeMods does a number of 18500's with most releases.

If you want something custom for 18650, try these guys: Freight Train Mods - Home Sam is a good, dependable guy that I have never seen a bad review for and his pipes are excellent. They do a 18650 and currently have an open cue for one with a DNA 30 in it (VV/VW). Check the order options on the right side of the home page and you can order one today I beleve!

If you are looking for a more affordable price point, but something nonetheless handmade, the Pipe Smith is a terrific guy and his Woodsmen series are handmade and start at like $75. PipeSmtih - Custom E-Pipes, Pipe Conversions, DIY E-Pipe Kits

Good luck!

Uncle BJ

I've been thinking about getting an e-pipe for a while and came to have a look around this area of the forum looking for a bit more info. I'd looked on a few sites, but nothing jumped out at me although some on epipemods were very nice.

When i saw this post from Big Juicy and looked at freight train mods then i knew i HAD to have one. Put my order in today for an 18650 Oom-paul style. IMO best looking mod of any kind i've seen pipe, tube, box, whatever. Got to be patient now waiting for it though!

Cheers Big Juicy :)

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I signed up for the waiting list today as well. I love the look of the 18650 Oom-paul style, just what I have been looking for! And as a bonus it has the DNA 30 chip!

Anyone know how long it will take to ship once they order up orders again?

I've just emailed to ask the same question this morning. I'm kind of working on the assumption its 6 - 7 weeks based on the approximation on the website, then i'll probably have 10 days or so to wait for postage. Hopefully, I'll get it before my birthday (present to myself!) in mid-September :)

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I've just emailed to ask the same question this morning. I'm kind of working on the assumption its 6 - 7 weeks based on the approximation on the website, then i'll probably have 10 days or so to wait for postage. Hopefully, I'll get it before my birthday (present to myself!) in mid-September :)

Thanks - let me know if they give you a different timeline :)

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
If you are asking about Freight Train Mods, when the list opens up it is on the homepage Freight Train Mods - Home . I believe the current list is filled. If you email Sam here to ask when the next list will open up he should get back to you soon. freighttrainmods@hotmail.com

Yep, thats how i got on the list. I'm not sure that the area where you choose pipe type/ batt size, etc then place a deposit is working (it wasnt when i tried) so i emailed Sam and he got back to me very quickly - seems a nice guy too.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I picked up two MF pipes on eBay a while back--a wood one and a green acrylic one. They are the V1 version, and I've verified with MF that they are legitimate MF pipes.

I'll be honest--the V1 sucks. the button is really finickey. The leather top is weird, and lets the button cap slip around and can short out. I won't leave batteries in mine if they aren't actually in my hand and I'm actually vaping them.

I paid $20 each for them on Ebay. If I had paid their retail price, I'd be pretty upset...

I ordered two acrylic stems and a handful of extra springs directly from MF on June 4. I still don't have my order, and they are very slow to respond to any emails I send asking them about my order, if they answer at all.

OTOH, I ordered two stems and some springs from EPipeMods last week, and they arrived today--less than 7 days after I placed my order. just sayin'...

My next pipe will be a regulated mod, without a doubt. And it will be from another vendor to be sure.

In fact, my impression of these e-pipes (and their makers) is so bad that I'd feel guilty selling them to another vaper. I just can't, in good conscience, push these off on a fellow vaper. They will probably just end up in a drawer somewhere...

Nofretz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
DFW
theculver.yolasite.com
Spread this::

As per the Original Owner of Mythical Fabrications (Jester),
We are closing our doors. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM OUR SITE. The co-business partners have been siphoning the money from the company, and I have not been paid for well over 8 months. As of today, my partner Domenico Didiana and his wife (other business partner) has shut off my internet, and only time knows when my phone will be off. Currently they have left the last 78 orders on my shoulders, and are going to begin sueing me to take the workshop from me as well. I'm sorry for all the news, but being I became one third of the rights in the business for an S-Corp, I was driven into the ground at every turn. I'm sorry. Until this number is dead, if you have any further questions, please call me at 702-762-1768. Solomon Jester McRann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread