MyVapeJuice.com's Holiday Recipe Contest - Come and Play - Great prize!

Status
Not open for further replies.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
I am sending you a bottle of the same thing I am vaping right now.................

GOOEY BUTTERCAKE :)

ooooooo :drool:

As if my heart wasn't already aflutter....it's really goin now! _V_smitten.gif _V_smitten.gif

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Congrats Keela!!!!!

I can honestly say that much as I would like to win, yours are the only contests where the laughter more than makes up for losing.

BUT I might as well try. lol

White Chocolate Holiday Bark

Ingredients

1 pound finely chopped white chocolate
1 1/2 teaspoons nut or plain oil
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 1/4 cups shelled pistachio nuts, toasted and papery coating peeled
Equipment: Chocolate thermometer

Directions

Tempering the chocolate for the bark requires a double boiler. If you don't have a double boiler, improvise one by using a saucepan and a stainless steel bowl: Nestle the bowl into the saucepan, allowing a few inches of space to remain between the bottom of the bowl and the bottom of the saucepan. Keep an extra bowl of a similar size on hand to transfer the chocolate for cooling. Rest the chocolate thermometer on a towel. Line a baking sheet with foil.

Pour a couple inches of water into the bottom half of the double boiler and heat over medium-low to just below a simmer. Put the chocolate in the top half of the double boiler and set over the hot water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring with a heat-resistant rubber spatula. As the chocolate melts, check the temperature periodically to make sure it stays between 82 and 86 degrees F. If it starts to rise above this temperature, quickly transfer the chocolate to the bowl on reserve and stir briskly to reduce heat. Return bowl to double boiler to maintain heat between 82 and 86 degrees F.

Remove bowl from over the hot water just before all the chocolate melts. Stir vigorously until the chocolate melts completely. Check temperature again. Stir in the oil until evenly blended. Chocolate is now tempered and ready to use. Keep within the 82 to 86 degree F range, returning bowl briefly to the double boiler if necessary.

Quickly stir the fruit and nuts into the chocolate. Spread chocolate mixture out on the prepared baking sheet so it's about 1/2-inch thick and the fruit and nuts are coated. Set bark aside at room temperature to harden. Break into angled pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
Congrats Keela!!!!!

I can honestly say that much as I would like to win, yours are the only contests where the laughter more than makes up for losing.

BUT I might as well try. lol

Hang in there, Sky. Together we'll figger out a way to rig this thang! wild_eyes.gif wink.gif

J/K Ms. Yimmie.......... :lol:

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Yes Yimmeys we is habin a BALL :D

a bariety ub dem if ya see its :unsure: hot ones cold ones spicey ones :laugh:

Well....I guess I need to keep with the theme of the day :D

More Doggie Treats (easy peasy one this time)

Peanut Butter Oat Balls

Ingredients:

1/2 cup milk, low or fat free
1 cup peanut butter, natural or organic
3 cups rolled oats

Instructions:

Stir vigorously to combine the first two ingredients in a large bowl.
Slowly stir (and mash) in the oats, about a 1/2 cup at a time. The mixture will be very thick.
Scoop out the peanut butter balls with a cookie scooper. Then roll with damp hands until you create a uniform ball shape.
Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

These peanut butter dog treats will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. You can freeze them for up to 4 months.

Peanut Butter Tip: If using regular peanut butter, it is not as moist as an all natural peanut butter. May require a little more milk to help the mix hold together ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread