n00b who just wants to make big clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumpszilla

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wasn't downing a goon rda I was using it in reference along with an AV able mech mod as exactly what a noobie looking to blow massive clouds that has no previous knowledge of battery safety, ohms law, or building would be sold by a shop that could care less what their experience was, it was a sale, and then he winds up on the news as having blown his mod up in his face. I was offering up advice about regulated devices, batteries and charger along with an ohms law calculator app and researching ohms law before trying to build and someone commented sarcastically about how this basically had disaster written on it. So I made the noobie post that you quoted as a reason to take the time to educate people before they look to purchase a device that's all. My opinion is that someone new to the vape scene, asking questions is a sign that they are looking to make an intelligent decision instead of an impulse purchase, I also believe the only stupid question is the one that you didn't ask and will be the one that gets you hurt with the number of us that have been in the vape game for years what's wrong with educating others looking for information? if we can prevent bad publicity from another noobie mech mod tragedy by passing on veteran insight why wouldn't we you know. Instead let's make comments like oh this is a disaster in the making or something smart-... like that.
Ok was just wondering. Most of the b&m's around me don't even carry mechs anymore because of uneducated buys become six o clock news. You can offer to teach someone but when they say no I got this there is not much more you can do. Then they come in the next month with one hand instead of 2 saying they will see you in court. The shops just decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
RTA = Really Terrible Atomizer.

RDA = Rampant Demonstration of Atmospheric Clouds.

Which is it to be? :D

RTA's aren't terrible.. they are awesome for those looking for ease/convenience as well as flavor..

I'm perfectly happy with the flavor put out by my Kabuki, for instance.. without all the hassle and headache.

For those who want clouds, the tfv8 can put them out - again, without hassle and headache..

If you want to save money on buying factory coils, RTAs is the way to go and can reproduce the above experiences.

Rdas are for those who want to tinker.. not vape.

Last edited:

Drewbacca96

Feb 16, 2017
I'm going to second the vote for an alien 220w and a tfv8. The Alien 220w will give you the power you need as well as the safety of a regulated device. The tfv8 gives you the option to start with a premade coil that chucks clouds and gives you a chance to fine tune your building with the RBA section. My friend started vaping, and he was never a smoker either. He has no issues with 70vg/30pg 0 nicotine juice. Pg can be harsh, but you need higher percentages of it to notice. RDAs are all the same idea with different ways to get the results. Watch videos and read reviews and get the one that sounds the best to you. If you are looking for an RTA I'd suggest the OBS Engine series of tanks. Do a lot of research and safety checks before you buy anything. Plus everything is cheaper when it's purchased online. VapeNW.com is a good site I've purchased from multiple times. 3fvape.com is a good site when buying from China. Safety is priority one, and you need to do everything you can to keep yourself safe. Even after taking an unnecessary health risk. You're an adult and it's your decision, just be smart and keep yourself safe while doing it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Ok was just wondering. Most of the b&m's around me don't even carry mechs anymore because of uneducated buys become six o clock news. You can offer to teach someone but when they say no I got this there is not much more you can do. Then they come in the next month with one hand instead of 2 saying they will see you in court. The shops just decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
I wish that was the case around here but unfortunately you got these shops that all they care about is turning a buck and don't care if you are experienced enough to safely utilize a product. I host building seminars, ohms law, and battery safety classes at a friend of mines shop once a month. I help out behind the counter occasionally and any time someone asks about a mech mod I immediately strike up a conversation of inquiry that let's me know without insulting them if they have adequate understanding of battery safety, ohms law, and how to build. If they don't express adequate knowledge we won't sell to them until they've attended 2 of my classes and can demonstrate a safe build in class. I want to help people get the most out of their vape experience not take their money and leave it to fate, you don't develop good customer relations or a loyal clientele base by hurting people.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
I love my Nano, I kinda wish they would make a revised Engine that has the top airflow coming out the sides like the Nano does, I'd buy that.
Yeah it would be nice, I actually enjoy the nano better than the OBS full size I think the flavor is better off a single fused Clapton in it, than duals in the original

zerglingzealot

Mar 23, 2017
It's not awkward.. I have kids. My son smokes - been trying to get him into vaping so he too can stop smoking.. I'm good at giving advice no one listens too until they come back later and say, "I should have listened to you!".. hahaha..

You are correct however, variable voltage is important.. get something that goes as low as 5 volts (or around 10 watts) and goes up from there, that will give you the range you will both need, and later desire.
I think that's every parent (including mine) lol.
I'm going to second the vote for an alien 220w and a tfv8. The Alien 220w will give you the power you need as well as the safety of a regulated device. The tfv8 gives you the option to start with a premade coil that chucks clouds and gives you a chance to fine tune your building with the RBA section. My friend started vaping, and he was never a smoker either. He has no issues with 70vg/30pg 0 nicotine juice. Pg can be harsh, but you need higher percentages of it to notice. RDAs are all the same idea with different ways to get the results. Watch videos and read reviews and get the one that sounds the best to you. If you are looking for an RTA I'd suggest the OBS Engine series of tanks. Do a lot of research and safety checks before you buy anything. Plus everything is cheaper when it's purchased online. VapeNW.com is a good site I've purchased from multiple times. 3fvape.com is a good site when buying from China. Safety is priority one, and you need to do everything you can to keep yourself safe. Even after taking an unnecessary health risk. You're an adult and it's your decision, just be smart and keep yourself safe while doing it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Thanks, the Alien seems to be a popular suggestion and I'll be looking into it.

Reactions: Opinionated

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi,
I've had an interest in vaping for about a year or so; it's a popular activity at my community college between classes. I am not currently a smoker and have no desire to use nicotine. I plan to mix my own juice. I have a few questions (well, for now anyway):
1. I've heard people say you can just vape pure VG. Is this true? I see some tutorials mixing it with distilled water in an 80/20% ratio as well. Which of these is the better method? I'd rather avoid PG since I hear its harsher, although many flavorings are PG based it seems.
2. I want to blow really big clouds. I hear the best way to do this is by using <1ohm coil. While the more technical parts of vaping are intriguing to me and I feel mostly comfortable with what I've learned so far (one must take care to not overstress the battery, etc), I was wondering if this would be too much. If I'm in it for the vapor itself, what is a good option for a device that gives lots of vapor but isn't too difficult for a beginner? I feel pretty confident about the whole thing but am always open to others' advice.
There's a vape shop downtown I plan to visit at some point but its hard for me to get to, I figured I'd ask around online.
Thanks for reading this, and thanks in advance for your help. I feel a bit rude just asking questions right off the bat, hopefully you're not offended.
Welcome and glad you joined. Thanks for your clearly written intentions.
"1. I've heard people say you can just vape pure VG. Is this true?" Yes, it's can be called flavorless or vaping unflavored.
"2. I want to blow really big clouds." Might have the shop comment on the pro's and con's of vaping big clouds.
Might like to read:
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

• Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

zerglingzealot

Mar 23, 2017
Don't add water to your eliquid. Most flavoring is PG based. To get 100% VG more than likely you will need unflavored. Nicotine is common in both PG and VG forms. Do use under 1.0 coils or builds and that will help with the big clouds.
I plan to make my own juices to ensure there isn't any nicotine (and also so I have more control over what goes in them). Good to know about everything else, and yes I plan to sub ohm for the clouds. :rickroll:

GillGee

Mar 25, 2017
Any new vaper needs a regulated device ,and learn ohms law,when I started vaping 4y ago I had a wee ego battery and vivi nova I learned ohm law fast for safety ,once you learn battery safety etc then you can advance ,I use mechs mostly and I don't use 100% VG my juice is 70% VG I still get massive clouds with that using only a tube mech . Safety is key if not using regulated devices. Buy batteries from s trusted source . YouTube is yer friend for knowledge too ,I've gained so much knowledge over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread